Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Dio Years Exclusive Stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dio Years Exclusive Stuff

http://www.black-sabbath.com/news/20...info_on_t.html

Might want to read that.
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Re: Dio Years Exclusive Stuff

hey cool. the WalMart edition looks the coolest to me! thanks

Comment

In regards to the Wal-Mart deal...is that exclusive to American Wal-Mart outlets, or will it be available to Canadian outlets as well?

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the info Joe, I can't wait!
        Iommi = Sabbath

Comment

Originally Posted By: GuyOfOwnage In regards to the Wal-Mart deal...is that exclusive to American Wal-Mart outlets, or will it be available to Canadian outlets as well?
          I have no idea - I wasn't given that level of info. I just passed on what I was told.
          Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
          View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

Originally Posted By: Joe Siegler
            Originally Posted By: GuyOfOwnage In regards to the Wal-Mart deal...is that exclusive to American Wal-Mart outlets, or will it be available to Canadian outlets as well?
            I have no idea - I wasn't given that level of info. I just passed on what I was told.
            Not a problem. If you do happen to find out, though, I'm sure that our Canadian members would appreciate the info.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Joe. I canceled my Amazon preorder and preordered the WalMart set. 8 days to RCMH!

Comment

I know this is about The Dio Years Album, but The Devil You Know also had a Walmart exclusive, with alternate cover I tried finding one on eBay and no luck couldn’t find one.

Anyone on here know what the Dio Years exclusive was? Joe’s link is no longer available.

Doc? Anyone?
                "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

My brother .... https://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/sho...-You-Know-quot

Jesus Bless

Comment

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                    Thanks for the link Doc, that is about The Devil You Know, I thought Joe was referring to The Dio Years compilation album with the three new tracks, I thought there was a WalMart exclusive for The Dio Years, with different cover art or something.
                    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                      Thanks for the link Doc, that is about The Devil You Know, I thought Joe was referring to The Dio Years compilation album with the three new tracks, I thought there was a WalMart exclusive for The Dio Years, with different cover art or something.
                      Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                      Not EZ remembering stuff from 11 years ago. The Dio Years had three CD releases if memory doesn't fail me.

The first one was the Sampler CD issued in early 2007. It has 4 songs: The Devil Cried (Radio Edit 4:24), Heaven and Hell, The Mob Rules, and The Devil Cried (album version 6:01) It came with a code for a free Black Sabbath ringtone. The bad part is that once they had your phone number they would text you a crapload of offers to buy the Heaven and Hell tshirt with the smoking Angel's. I don't remember how I got them to stop but it sucked.

The second release was around 4/3/2007 The standard Dio Years CD with 16 songs of which three were new music (The Devil Cried, Shadow of the Wind, and Ear in the Wall).

The third release was the Dio Years Tour Edition. It had two CD's. CD #1 was the regular Dio Years and CD #2 was bonus disk recording from the Hammersmith gig of December 1981. It's the same bonus disk they kept prostituting (that poor bonus disk has been released 4 times but that's another story...). My copy of the Tour Edition has a barcode sticker 12/28/2009 so assume it was released in 2009. Not sure what is inside the case since my copy is still in the original shrinkwrap.

All three Dio Years have the same cover and then record company was Rhino Records. As far as I know there was no Wal Mart exclusive. There was a coupon to buy a long sleeve tshirt with the Dio Years design that ran down each sleeve. It was really cool but I don't remember the specifics. I wasn't able to get one.

Comment

Oh, I almost forgot. The only thing unique from the cover is that the normal Dio Year CD from 2007 came with a cardboard sleeve that houses the jewel case. Not sure why they would do that since it cost more to manufacture but it's a nice touch. I still have mine almost in pristine condition.

Comment

Originally posted by RedZero View Post
                          Not EZ remembering stuff from 11 years ago. The Dio Years had three CD releases if memory doesn't fail me.

The first one was the Sampler CD issued in early 2007. It has 4 songs: The Devil Cried (Radio Edit 4:24), Heaven and Hell, The Mob Rules, and The Devil Cried (album version 6:01) It came with a code for a free Black Sabbath ringtone. The bad part is that once they had your phone number they would text you a crapload of offers to buy the Heaven and Hell tshirt with the smoking Angel's. I don't remember how I got them to stop but it sucked.

The second release was around 4/3/2007 The standard Dio Years CD with 16 songs of which three were new music (The Devil Cried, Shadow of the Wind, and Ear in the Wall).

The third release was the Dio Years Tour Edition. It had two CD's. CD #1 was the regular Dio Years and CD #2 was bonus disk recording from the Hammersmith gig of December 1981. It's the same bonus disk they kept prostituting (that poor bonus disk has been released 4 times but that's another story...). My copy of the Tour Edition has a barcode sticker 12/28/2009 so assume it was released in 2009. Not sure what is inside the case since my copy is still in the original shrinkwrap.

All three Dio Years have the same cover and then record company was Rhino Records. As far as I know there was no Wal Mart exclusive. There was a coupon to buy a long sleeve tshirt with the Dio Years design that ran down each sleeve. It was really cool but I don't remember the specifics. I wasn't able to get one.
                          Thanks for the info RedZero, I have the extra CD as a Best Buy exclusive that came in a separate cardboard sleeve.

Originally posted by RedZero View Post
                          Oh, I almost forgot. The only thing unique from the cover is that the normal Dio Year CD from 2007 came with a cardboard sleeve that houses the jewel case. Not sure why they would do that since it cost more to manufacture but it's a nice touch. I still have mine almost in pristine condition.
                          This is the one I have, the one with the slipcase, it is a nice touch, the Radio City Music Hall CD also has this slipcase.

Comment

Working...
                          X