Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Hammersmith cd review...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammersmith cd review...

http://www.411mania.com/music/album_reviews/56053

Re: Hammersmith cd review...

i hate these track by track style reviews... Shows a lack of imagination & writing talent...

Comment

Well how else would you review a live album?

Comment

Originally Posted By: devilmaycare i hate these track by track style reviews... Shows a lack of imagination & writing talent...
        Fair enough, but when you're writing a review, it really depends on how much you have to say about the disc, doesn't it? If each track warrants a commentary, then track-by-track is a pretty legit way to go about it, IMO. Not everyone can be a storyteller and weave all the songs into a single narrative. Myself, I try to change it up from time to time, but I write track-by-track reviews quite often - I find it's a better format for discs that you're giving a negative review. And negative reviews are much more satisfying an exercise than positive ones.

Comment

What's the problem? Sounds like the guy likes the disc, but wrote a fairly objective review, to my eyes.
          "My sunshine is wind and rain and thunder."

Comment

pretty lame review IMO- All he has to say about the magnificent Country Girl is "God, how does Iommi get that sound? They stomp through this one also and I like it. A lot."

And OK, he doesn't like Appice, but must he mention it in each song?!

Comment

Working...
            X