Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heaven and Hell/Mob Rules or Dehumanizer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Heaven and Hell/Mob Rules or Dehumanizer?

I wonder if the fact that Geezer, the prolific lyric writer that he is, did not participate in the writing of the three new songs recorded for "Dio Years", and purportedly will not be involved in the writing phase of the new album, is because he simply wants to avoid any possbility of conflict with Dio, who of course will take the lead in regards to lyrical content.

I recall hearing that there was conflict between Geezer and Dio during the writing of Dehumanizer, and then between Geezer and Tony Martin during the writing of Cross Purposes.

So although I think that Geezer's contributions would only make the album stronger, perhaps after 40 years in the business he knows how egos can clash during the delicate writing process, and simply wants to avoid any such occurrance.

Comment

I wonder if the fact that Geezer, the prolific lyric writer that he is, did not participate in the writing of the three new songs recorded for "Dio Years", and purportedly will not be involved in the writing phase of the new album, is because he simply wants to avoid any possbility of conflict with Dio, who of course will take the lead in regards to lyrical content.

I recall hearing that there was conflict between Geezer and Dio during the writing of Dehumanizer, and then between Geezer and Tony Martin during the writing of Cross Purposes.

So although I think that Geezer's contributions would only make the album stronger, perhaps after 40 years in the business he knows how egos can clash during the delicate writing process, and simply wants to avoid any such occurrance.

Comment

Originally Posted By: DiosSword I'm listening to Dehumanizer right now.

I have always liked the sheer heaviness of this album.

New material in this vein wouldn't disappoint me at all.
        Agreed completely. Dehumanizer has to be the best Dio-era album for me.

Comment

I couldn't care less for Dehumanizer. Mob Rules is great, but I prefer the first one from this formation. Heaven and Hell, that's what I'm talking about.
          Can't you see what I see
          You and I victims of Their word
          As the master of power
          Try to poison our world
          ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

I couldn't care less for Dehumanizer. Mob Rules is great, but I prefer the first one from this formation. Heaven and Hell, that's what I'm talking about.
            Can't you see what I see
            You and I victims of Their word
            As the master of power
            Try to poison our world
            ----- Eternal Idol ~ 1987

Comment

Originally Posted By: Ray Rules I couldn't care less for Dehumanizer. Mob Rules is great, but I prefer the first one from this formation. Heaven and Hell, that's what I'm talking about.
              Then we are on opposite ends of the spectrum, mate.

Heaven and Hell has gotta be my least favorite of the Dio-era albums.

Comment

Originally Posted By: Ray Rules I couldn't care less for Dehumanizer. Mob Rules is great, but I prefer the first one from this formation. Heaven and Hell, that's what I'm talking about.

Comment

Originally Posted By: Buttock1234

I agree with you, Dehumanizer is an extremely strong and is quite underrated compared to Heaven and Hell

Comment

Originally Posted By: Buttock1234

I agree with you, Dehumanizer is an extremely strong and is quite underrated compared to Heaven and Hell

Comment

My favorite of the three is mob rules but it would be cool to have maby a mix of dehuminizer and mob rules

Comment

My favorite of the three is mob rules but it would be cool to have maby a mix of dehuminizer and mob rules

Comment

I just hope it's more melodic than Dehumanizer even though Dehumanizer is still a great album.

Comment

All I know already is that the new Heaven And Hell album will be a born classic. These guys with the professional talent and experience simply cannot miss! It's gonna be heavy rock, it's gonna be heavy metal...with some bluesy flavours by Iommi's OTT touches and Dio's soulful singing. Song-wise I would love to hear "emulations" of all 3 three past albums they have made together, sound-wise the album will most obviously follow the sound of the 3 new songs we already have.

Heaven And Hell and Mob Rules are both OTT, stone-cold and versatile classics, there are only a few records in the world who can approach the godhood of these albums...but Dehumanizer is the most vicious, most powerful and most overkilling album Black Sabbath has ever made - certainly a brutal piece but still executed with a musical prowess and excellence this lineup has always guaranteed. Dehumanizer is not the very best album by Black Sabbath (if compared to Heaven And Hell or Headless Cross), but it's the most savage and grim!

Off-topic sidenote:

Mr. Dehumanizer is the ultimate and most evil bad-ass ever unleashed by Black Sabbath. As an ardent Judas Priest fan I would love to see the face-to-face match-up between Mr. Dehumanizer and Mr. Painkiller...because I think those 2 equally heavy and crushing but different albums are the extreme epitomes of heavy metal. Absolutely nothing can outshine their brutal sonic assault!!!

Too much of this over-indulging praise? Well, that's me!!!
                            "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

Those two don't put out new material unless it hits like a sledge hammer... Don't worry, it will please.

Comment

I would love to be a fly on the wall in Tony Iommi's house in England as he and Ronnie write and construct songs for the album, which was supposed to begin this month. Perhaps they are working together at this very moment!

Comment

Working...
                                X