Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heaven and Hell/Mob Rules or Dehumanizer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heaven and Hell/Mob Rules or Dehumanizer?

With a new Heaven and Hell (Black Sabbath w/Dio) album coming out soon, I'm wondering which Sabbath w/Dio "sound" or style most of you out there would like the new album to sound like or emulate--the early eighties more melodious sound of Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules, or the heavier, almost industrial sounding, Dehumanizer?

Re: Heaven and Hell/Mob Rules or Dehumanizer?

Well I'd look at their most recent releases. Fused, Master Of The Moon, and The Dio Years tracks. Combine those and I think you've got it.
    "I want to tell you, yeah
    How Good It Feels
    Sleeping here with you tonight
    And thatís for real"
    -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

Okay, fair enough, Psycho Man. But which sound (early 80s Sab w/Dio or early 90s Sab w/Dio) would you (and anyone else out there) like the new album to most sound like?

Comment

None of them, I'd like to hear what new sound they can develop
        How Good It Feels
        And thatís for real"

Comment

Good point, Psycho Man, about coming up with something new and fresh. I myself, however, would like a little more of what they did with such songs as Children of the Sea, Sign of the Southern Cross, Falling off the Edge of the World, and even Too Late--that is, songs that slow down and soften in spots and then come roaring back with the bombast.

Comment

Considering the state of Ronnie's voice compared to 28 years ago, I think a record in the vein of Heaven and Hell would be out of the question. Still I wish they would do more fast stuff rather than slow, lest people be bored to death.

Comment

A full album is likely to contain songs of varying tempo so hopefully everyone will find something to suit, I personally just want to hear what the guys come up with next because for me they have always nailed it when together.

Comment

It's the latest Dio albums that have me worried, Master of the Moon especially wasn't too inspired. Hopefully the three new tracks on the Dio Years compilation aswell were just quickly thrown together from whatever leftovers they had lying around. Iommi and Ronnie, since Geezer and Vinnie won't be involved in the songwriting, need to rise to the occasion, expectations are grand.

Comment

Yes, expectations are grand. Hopefully Ronnie and Tony will bring it big time. I really think they can.

Comment

Hopefully Ronnie is inspired by the crowds he will see in his shows coming up, and get some ideas down.
                    How Good It Feels
                    And thatís for real"

Comment

While Dehumanizer is more the sound that I like, I still think mthat "Die Young" and "Falling Off the Edge of the World" are among the greatest songs ever recorded. I am afraid, however, that the focus of Relic's observation may carry a lot of influence.
                      Originally Posted By: Relic It's the latest Dio albums that have me worried, Master of the Moon especially wasn't too inspired.
                      Personally, I hope that they're able to put together a blend of the "Dio years" sounds and add a little something new to it. Not asking too much, am I?
                      Is it just me, or does somebody else believe it?
                      I'm not alone, and I'm not afraid.
                      There's just one thing to say, after all.

Comment

I am a big fan of Mob Rules. My favorite of the 3 albums, however I would not want to have that period re-created. I think that as was stated above, you will have a Fused/Dio/Dio Years mix in the sound.

I like "The Devil Cried" but it is a bit cheesy in the lyrics department. "Ear in the Wall" is an awesome fast tempo song. "Shadow of the Wind" is the song that continues to grow on me. Every time I listen to the song, I like even more.

If they can get 10 - 12 songs in the vain of the 3 tracks from Dio Years, I feel we are in for a very good CD from Heaven and Hell!

I can not wait!
                        "I can honestly say itís truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Comment

Whatever they do, they won't embarrass themselves, these guys are really good when they can put their egos aside, which they seem to have FINALLY done!

Comment

I, too, like the 3 songs from "The Dio Years", to varying degrees. Production-wise, I hope the new album harkens back to the production sound of "Heaven & Hell" and "Mob Rules, while avoiding the garage-band sound of "Dehumanizer". I wish the entirety of "Dehumanizer" sounded like the "Wayne's World" version of "Time Machine". That is, more smooth-sounding, and less "grungey", if you get my drift. I feel it would have been a better album. If the new one sounds like "The Dio Years" tracks, production-wise, I'll be more than satisfied.
                            "My sunshine is wind and rain and thunder."

Comment

Originally Posted By: Psycho Man Well I'd look at their most recent releases. Fused, Master Of The Moon, and The Dio Years tracks. Combine those and I think you've got it.
                              Based on that logic, I hope Geezer has nothing to do with it!

Comment

Working...
                              X