No announcement yet.

Ronnie James Dio Just Passed Away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the great music Ronnie. You were my fave singer and an idol. You'll be missed.

A very sad day for metal and music to lose such a great artist.

R.I.P. Ronnie.

\m/ \m/

Comment

I admittedly caught on to RJD's music very late (was always more a punk rocker than metal guy), but made up for lost time over the last few years and was really happy to see the band kill it in Boston last year.

rock on, Ronnie. you were one of the best.

Comment

RIP, Ronnie. You may not be here in body, but you are in spirit. Your music will live forever.
        Life Member of the NRA

Comment

I am completely devested by this. We lost a man who defined the word 'Legend'.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio

Thank you for all the great music and lyrics through the years. You will be missed by many and your music will live on forever
          Nobody will ever let you know
          When you ask the reason why
          They just tell you that you're on your own
          Fill your head all full of lies

Comment

Ronnie, an average singer would be lucky to front one great band. There was and is nothing average about you, though - you did it with three. Thank you for every note you ever recorded for us, and enjoy your well-deserved spot in rock history. Thank you for being the best at what you did, Ronnie. Enjoy the reward that awaits you.

Comment

I'm shocked. I knew he was sick as all of us did but since he recently appeared at the golden god awards i thought things were going well. R.I.P Ronnie

Comment

Dio was my favourite singer of all time. Noone can match his voice and I doubt anyone will ever be able to. Heavy metal has lost one of it's TRUE greats and pioneers today.It is sad to see an idol an inspiration, who still wanted to do so much and still had so much to live for, pass away. I take consolation in the fact that he at least got to say his goodbyes to his friends and family and that he passed away peacefully.

Rest in peace Ronnie. You died much too young. I am not the praying sort, but you will be in my thoughts forever.
                http://www.last.fm/user/sirkenneth

http://xkcd.com/386/

Comment

I'm heartbroken.

R.I.P. legend.

One of a kind vocalist, songwriter and incredible person.

Comment

Shocked & totally crushed by this. RIP Ronnie.

Comment

Long live the king of rock n roll!!

One of his last "interviews" from the hospital

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXTL6EqHqkc

Comment

Ronnie, you were a one of a kind person who never had a bad word for anyone and always cared about everyone around you, as well as being able to blow everyone's minds with your awesome singing. You will be sorely missed, but your music will live on for an eternity. RIP Legend.

Comment

The Man on The Silver Mountain has passed...........his music has been a part of my life since 1978.
                          I first saw him in concert in 1980, I last saw him (and got to meet him) in 2009. I raise my glass to my favorite singer of all time and a true gentleman.

RIP RONNIE
                          "Something's calling me back. There's a Light in the Black. Yes, I'm ready to go. I'm coming home." RIP Ronnie James Dio

Comment

16th of May is my birthday, I was having a great time today, I`d played The devil you know twice. To my eternal dismay, I discovered that Ronnie had died this morning leaving the world of rock music with a gaping chasm to fill. Where ever you are Ronnie, Heaven or Hell, long live rock n roll, and your memory. Thank you for so much.

Comment

I heard the news today and I am really saddened by this. Ronnie James will be missed. It is a sad day for music. :( Rest in Peace \m/

Comment

This is a sad day indeed. I've been listing to Ronnie's voice since I was a kid. Whether it was in Sabbath, Rainbow, or solo he had one of the most amazing and talented voices in the music world. There is now a void, and no one can really compare to this master that's been with us for countless decades.

I hope he'll still be busy rocking Heaven and Hell now! R.I.P.

Comment

Working...
                                X