Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP - Ronnie James Dio

I salute you, the King of Rock N' Roll

I am deeply saddened today at this news. I was in shock last night seeing the rumor, then waking up this morning and seeing it was just a rumor, he was alive but in very serious condition.

Been working around the house all day listening to Rainbow/Sabbath/Dio. Came in to clean up and have dinner. Looked at my e-mail and saw the e-mail from Joe. Overcome with sadness. Cancer sucks, and is a terrible disease.

I thank Ronnie, Tony, Geezer and Vinnie for setting aside their differences and making TDYK. Heaven and Hell are my favorite Sabbath line-up, and it is an awesome "swan song" for Ronnie. I have been very fortunate that I was able to see them play 6 times since they re-grouped, and 3 of them in an 8 day time frame last summer, capping it off with the final show in Atlantic City, NJ.

Ronnie is now "Breaking into Heaven," and it is quite a bit louder there today, as the voice of metal has gone home.

RIP RJD
    "I can honestly say itís truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Comment

this has been killing me all day.
      Ill remember the iron pipes forever!

Comment

An entertainer's passing has never affected me so much. Dio was a big part of my life for so long.

RIP, RJD.
        May 16, 2010. RIP, RJD.

Comment

Sad day...Will never forget you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcEai97ljTw

Comment

"A Rumble OF Thunder, I'm Suddenly Under Your Spell"

These were the first words I ever heard Ronnie sing. And the quote is autobiographical.
            I became a fan of his from the first time I heard him. While I'll admit to not liking every DIO album, I always thought he was in a class by himself in terms of his talent.

Thanks Ronnie for all the music you've given the world.

My thoughts are with his family & bandmates today. This is not going to be an easy thing for them to get over.
            The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

Wow. I just put my kids to bed & logged on. Not the news I was expecting to see. Fuck.

My thoughts go out to his family, friends & fans. He'll be missed.

Comment

Truly a sad day. I never met RJD, but to say he was a big part of my life because of his amazing talent would be an understatement. The world has lost a legend today. RIP Ronnie! You will be missed.

Comment

This hurts. It seems like our heroes will live forever. At least, Dio's voice can still fill me when I'm empty, lift me when I'm down...

I've said this since 1980... no one sings metal better than Dio. And he was a better fit for Iommi & Co. than Ozzy ever was.

Comment

I've been listening to TDYK for the past few minutes.

I shed a tear for him and his bandmates.

Today, we mourn the voice of metal.

Rest In Peace, Ronnie James Dio.

Comment

Haven't posted in a while ~ not really sure what to say ... really really really sad ...........

in the misty morning ..........

Comment

Just saw the official news.

Absolutely devestating.

Ronnie James Dio - musical legend, R.I.P.

I think I'll have a chat to mates of mine in town to see if we can play a tribute show to Ronnie in the future, to remember him, his music and how he has touched the lives of so many of us here and elsewhere.

\m/

Thank you Ronnie for all the inspiration and wonderful music in my life for the past 25 years - there will never be another one like you - you really were the Last in Line.

Comment

Terrible news. Put me in a real melancholy today that will linger for awhile.

But I am glad he is no longer in pain.

And, as a poster put it, he can take his place on the Silver Mountain, in the pantheon of Heavy Metal GODS. That voice is legendary and will never pass away.

My prayers and thoughts to his family and friends and to my fellow Dio fans.

Gonna be playing Dio's music all night tonight.

"Here's to you!"

\m/

Comment

I broke down and cried today. I don't remember when the last time it was that I cried. He shouldn't have died. He wasn't supposed to. He was supposed to put out another album, and tour, and make more amazing music with the greatest band of all time... But all that is dust and ashes now. I don't know what to say. I don't even know what to do right now.

I'm sure Dio's up there, in the great gig in the sky, slaying dragons and riding rainbows. He was an amazing man, a humble man, and an amazing vocalist. You can't knock him for anything. He deserves the most respect in the world. RIP, Ronnie. You'll be missed, for as long as I walk this earth.

Goodnight, sweet prince.
                            "i'm 12 and i love dark sabboth"

Comment

I am shocked. I cannot believe it. This is the most devastating news. I was not in town hence wasnt aware of this. Oh God.
                              http://www.facebook.com/cosmicchants
                              https://soundcloud.com/cosmicchants
                              http://www.myspace.com/cosmicchants

Comment

Stunned, like a shot in the stomach... my prayers and thought to Wendy and his family, he will be greatly missed by all of us who loved him. One of the all time greats... RIP Ronnie.
                                "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                                R. Blackmore

Comment

Working...
                                X