Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronnie James Dio Just Passed Away

Unfortunately this is true... from Wendy on DIO's webpage

"Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45am 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever." Love, Wendy
    RIP Ronnie, youll live forever thru your music and you will be missed... thanks for everything! I will never forget you!
    Last edited by Neon_Knight; 05-16-2010, 01:11 PM.

I am very sad. What a loss.

He will live on in our hearts.

I will play his music in his honor today.

Comment

I can't help but shed a tear for this loss. Ronnie and his music will forever live in my heart.

Comment

Thanks Ronnie for the great music, and the kick ass show back in Cinco De Mayo 2007. You will be missed greatly.
        Last edited by 8bit Fighter; 05-16-2010, 01:24 PM.
        "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

Thanks for everything, Ronnie.
          You will be missed. :(
          Living in a world of make believe I can hide behind what's real
          But wearing your emotions on your sleeve and they all know what you feel
          And here it comes again straight through the heart straight through the heart

Comment

Oh no..... What a great man he was...... Ronnie you was the best!!!

Comment

Right as I went to Blabbermouth and read the article, I was listening to Heaven and Hell live from Oakland in 1992, right as I clicked the link to the article, the fast pace part of the song was starting up...and I started to cry.

I had a terrible feeling that this was going to happen today after reading the rumors. At least he got to make one final record in The Devil You Know and got to do the thing he loved most at such an age. You will be deeply missed! We love you Dio! You will live on forever!

The good do indeed...Die Young.
              If the magic comes between us
              And we never meet again
              Take a part of me away
              'Cause maybe it's all above love
              ~As Long As It's Not About Love~

Comment

OMG! I am stunned and at a lost for words. It's hit me like a freight train. What happened? May the Lord take you into His bussom and may your soul rest in peace "pequeno gigante." I have been a fan since I was a teenager back in 1980, thanks for the memories.

Comment

Oh come on. It's a joke right?

Comment

Originally posted by Zak Mayers View Post
                    Oh come on. It's a joke right?
                    Unfortunately, Its not a joke... http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=140129

I checked it out on Ronnie's site too...

RIP

Comment

If wendy announcd it than it must be true. Sorry to hear it. Great music he gave that will live on forever. Now I worry cause him being a atheist means....... Ill pray for his family.
                      Pain and Poison Roses

Comment

Rest in Peace Ronnie & thank you for all the music & shows that I have enjoyed over the years from Rainbow thru the Heaven & Hell show in Dallas a few years back. i will always remember how generous you were to me when I met you on the Dream Evil tour & you signed a huge poster for the record store I used to work at. This is a sad day & I pray for you & your family.
                        At least my hair is all mine, My teeth are my own, but everything else is on a permanent loan I'm on a low budget - Ray Davies

Comment

i think one of the comments on blabbermouth summed up how i feel right now

today really is a black sabbath
                          Try your hardest, you'll still be a loser
                          The world will still be turning when you're gone

Comment

Dio's official Facebook page and Niji Management's Facebook pages are also confirming that he died. Very sad. R.I.P. Ronnie.

Comment

I will say a prayer for the Holy Diver even if he doesn't believe in Him. Rest in peace old friend . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X