Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Westboro Baptist Church To Picket Public Memorial Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westboro Baptist Church To Picket Public Memorial Service

alright i've been a lurker for a long frelling time but seeing this at this time just really pisses me off just need an outlet to vent god damn christians

didn't think i'd be able to make it but if this happens i may have too

http://www.bravewords.com/news/139360

Those people are not Christians man they're lunatics. The same ones who've been protesting soldier's funerals... idiots.

I'm a Christian but I wouldn't mind everyone of those "protesters" round up and ..... (fill in the blank)...
    "...live for today, tomorrow never comes..."

Comment

.....I normally dont get involved in religious debates of any kind but these sick people are the real deliverers of evil. Sick, twisted bigots the lot of them.

I am glad I am not able to attend the memorial as these idiots would bring out the bad person in me and I wouldnt want to detract from what the day is about.

DIO! DIO! DIO! DIO! DIO! DIO! DIO! DIO! DIO! DIO! DIO! DIO!

Comment

I don't know American realities, but this "organisation" seems to me as the "protest whatever can be protested" one. That's something like our Polish organisation by Ryszard Nowak, who sees sects everywhere (even in vegetarianism!) and satanic propaganda in every music heavier then Polish children's band Fasolki (eng. The Beans :D ). These are sick people...
        Maybe let's write an open letter from our community, to force Westboro BC to respect the dignity of the service?
        Last edited by Maxxxio; 05-21-2010, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Master of Insanity View Post
          Those people are not Christians man they're lunatics...
          I've had my fair share of religious fanaticism from these "true Christians" whose faith system is "the only right way to God"...it makes me sick to even think about it. I don't have the time & energy to actually hate these people, I just despise & avoid them as best as I can. There's absolutely nothing I can personally do to change their morbid attitudes. The key question in my mind conserning these people is:

WHO THE FUCK ARE THEY TO JUDGE OTHER PEOPLE?!?

Furthermore, protesting against & harassing someone even remotely like Ronnie James Dio and his close people is an act of arrogance & abomination in my eyes. Those people should really take time with themselves and take a long good look into the mirror. But they won't because they don't want to and they just can't do it.

I know God doesn't like & want that these people to persecute & decry other people in his name. Let alone a person like Ronnie James Dio.

Blessings to Ronnie James Dio and his family. All the strength to his close friends and his beloving fans, hold fast & never surrender!!!
          "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

I can't really add anything to what Sabbathman has said, except I just want to record my sense of outrage.

This kind of action by so-called Christians makes me feel desperately sad, as well as angry. A man has just lost his life, and people close to him are in mourning.

Comment

These guys are basically just IRL trolls, just so you guys know. :/

Comment

These people are not true Christians, they just want publicity and to be real honest they are nothing more then a bunch of stupid assholes. They try to picket all kinds of funerals and are sooooo homophobic its not funny. That fact that they don't even care about the close family and friends of Ronnie is pathetic. People are in mourning and they just care about themeselves. I know Joe doesn't want religion to be disscussed here, so all I will say is, wbc has no idea what God is all about and what true love is.
                Last edited by DISCMAN1969; 05-21-2010, 11:37 AM.
                "Dumb Ass" Red Foreman That 70's Show

Comment

Originally posted by Maxxxio View Post
                  I don't know American realities, but this "organisation" seems to me as the "protest whatever can be protested" one. That's something like our Polish organisation by Ryszard Nowak, who sees sects everywhere (even in vegetarianism!) and satanic propaganda in every music heavier then Polish children's band Fasolki (eng. The Beans :D ). These are sick people...
                  Maybe let's write an open letter from our community, to force Westboro BC to respect the dignity of the service?

Your assessment of them ("Protest whatever can be protested") is essentially correct. They've gained notoriety mainly for protesting the funeral services of soldiers and homosexuals who've died as a result of gay-bashing activities. They're best known for their extreme anti-gay attitudes but that's only one of many things on their shit-list (which also includes several European countries, all non-Christian religions, and most, if not all, Christian demominations that are not their own). Ironically, the founder of the church was once a civil rights attorney.

Anyway, I hope this does not lead to violence at the service. The WBC would most likely turn around and sue the city and Wendy Dio.

Comment

"nothing evil, nothing sacred
                    just the power that's been created
                    I am metal and I'll never die
                    We are metal and we'll never die

I will grind you up
                    You can't bring me down"

Comment

I'm a practicing Catholic Christian and I take my faith seriously but this is just ridiculous. It is very disrespectful and may I add blasphemous to disrupt a memorial service. To me, they're going against true Christian values and are worshiping their favorite verses in the bible rather than serving God. These Westboro Baptists are radical extremist bible-worshipers! Almost as bad as radical Islam because they're against all music and I have friends who are Muslims who are also against that kind of radical Islam who love heavy metal and Pink Floyd. There's radicalism in both, it goes hand in hand. I have friends who happen to be Protestant Born Again Rapture-believing Christians who are huge Dio fans and are just as sad as I am. These radical bible-worshipers are looking for attention and are stooping to a brand new low to get it.

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

[QUOTE=Master of Insanity;218352]Those people are not Christians man they're lunatics. The same ones who've been protesting soldier's funerals... idiots.

I was just thinking of those assholes (the ones protesting at soldier's funerals) when I reading about those Westboro Bible-Worshipers. It's sick!

Like I said, I'm a practicing Catholic Christian but I enjoy my metal and these Bible-Worshipers are going against God by committing themselves to sacrilege.
                      Last edited by metalwarrior; 05-21-2010, 10:31 AM.

Comment

I can't speak for Dio, but I have the feeling that he would be very disappointed if violence broke out at his memorial service.

The WBC asswipes - charading as Christians, which they are not - try as often as they can to provoke. You know, if grieving families that lost loved ones at war can refrain from kicking these people's asses, can't we?

They WANT violence to occur at Dio's service. That way they can get in front of the cameras and say that their point - that we're evil and uncivilized - has been proven. If violence breaks out at Dio's service, THEY WIN. It'll be all over the TV and do nothing but make metalheads look like thugs.

If you go to the service, ignore the WBC. Best if the victory be ours and their presence ignored as metalheads pay tribute to RJD, one of the best voices metal ever had.

Comment

I think they may be in for a surprise. That surprise may be an ass beating. Not trying to condone this stuff but it may happen when you get thousands of heavy metal fans together and these idiots with the intent to try and ruin Ronnie's memorial.

Comment

Originally posted by fishtowner View Post
                            I think they may be in for a surprise. That surprise may be an ass beating. Not trying to condone this stuff but it may happen when you get thousands of heavy metal fans together and these idiots with the intent to try and ruin Ronnie's memorial.
                            That's just it ... it WON'T be a surprise, and the WBC wins, whether their butts are kicked or not. They want to prove that we're evil and unciviliZed, and no better way to prove their point than to kick their asses.

If metalheads rise above the temptation and ignore this group, then metal wins. Plus I think it shows more respect for Dio to ignore this group and not resort to violence ... I think if it all goes off peacefully and the WBC is ignored, everybody will be proud. But if metalheads resort to violence they're actually disgracing Dio's memory, IMO, and handing the WBC a rare PR victory. let's not be stupid ... just ignore them.

How disgusting would it be for Dio's friends and family if his memory were tainted forever because whenever his name got mentioned somebody would ask, "Wasn't it one of his fans who murdered that protester at the memorial service?" or something like that? But we can make his memory a proud one by ignoring this ignorant hate group. Don't give them what they want.

Comment

I would like to say that we should subscribe to that old adage from our moms,"if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all," but I can't do it.

If the hell that these simpletons so love to shout that everyone else is going to burn in does exist, they will be the first ones to burn in its fires.

Comment

Working...
                              X