Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heaven & Hell Tribute Gig Details Announced!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heaven & Hell Tribute Gig Details Announced!

Check it out:

http://www.black-sabbath.com/news/20...announced.html
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Hey...Wait a Minute...
    is it going to be just them? Tony,Geezer,Vinny,Jorn and maybe Glenn?
    isn't it going to be an all metal star concert with guests like what they did in FREDDIE MERCURY's tribute?

Comment

Originally posted by Sahand View Post
      Hey...Wait a Minute...
      is it going to be just them? Tony,Geezer,Vinny,Jorn and maybe Glenn?
      isn't it going to be an all metal star concert with guests like what they did in FREDDIE MERCURY's tribute?
      No, that is not what they're doing.

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

I was hoping Halford would be doing something in this, but this is good too. I don't particularly like Glenn Hughes but Jorn is great. Hopefully they include a couple more obscure tracks on the setlist. They should just do the whole H&H album with Jorn doing that part of the set and Glenn doing the other few songs.
        If the magic comes between us
        And we never meet again
        Take a part of me away
        'Cause maybe it's all above love
        ~As Long As It's Not About Love~

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
          No, that is not what they're doing.
          Well, THAT SUCKS!!!!!!!

Comment

Well, THAT SUCKS!!!!!!!
            No. It does not. You can stay home, and never listen then. Good Lord.

---------- Post added at 02:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

Originally posted by SabbathKing93 View Post
            I was hoping Halford would be doing something in this, but this is good too. I don't particularly like Glenn Hughes but Jorn is great. Hopefully they include a couple more obscure tracks on the setlist. They should just do the whole H&H album with Jorn doing that part of the set and Glenn doing the other few songs.
            It's also a 60 minute set, so we're not getting every song under the sun.

Geezer also told me it will be just Black Sabbath stuff, not Dio band tracks. He mentioned the Dio band is likely doing their own tribute thing later in the year, too.

Comment

It's also a 60 minute set, so we're not getting every song under the sun.
              I know.

Hopefully they do something different from Devil You Know, like Breaking Into Heaven. I think that song would be fitting for this occasion. Wishing Well needs to be played live dammit! Now is the time to do it.
              If the magic comes between us
              And we never meet again
              Take a part of me away
              'Cause maybe it's all above love
              ~As Long As It's Not About Love~

Comment

You can stay home, and never listen then.
                Dio Deserved More than that... and thats what hurts me!!!

It's also a 60 minute set
                Thats Double Sucks!!!!!... after many years creating in music world... he deserves a 2 hours show!!!

Geezer also told me it will be just Black Sabbath stuff, not Dio band tracks. He mentioned the Dio band is likely doing their own tribute thing later in the year, too.
                THATS THE TRIPLE SUCKS!!!!... so its not a Ronnie James Dio Tribute, its a "Black Sabbath : Dio Era" or "Heaven And Hell" Tribute...
                they are honoring Ronnie... they are honouring Heaven And Hell!!!!

i think its better that you don't give us more news about this gig... because each news you told about this show, got me one step closer to killing myself!!!!
                Last edited by Sahand; 06-15-2010, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the very good news (and DMC got this one first!)

This is something to make us proud of these three guys. It does not matter who the singers are, it's the tribute that Dio deserves from his band mates. And it's completely right that they will play Dio-era Sabbath songs. That's what they played together isn't it? Why should that change now, it shouldn't.

I wouldn't be surprised that it led to one of the singers announced continuing to work with Iommi and Butler in the future, which would also be right, just not under the name Heaven&Hell.

Comment

That sounds pretty cool...although I'm not a huge fan of Glenn Hughes...But still this is very cool and a great way to show tribute to Ronnie.

And as an answer to Sahand, Why on earth would you think for a second that they would be doing any Diuo solo tracks for heavens sake! It is Heaven & Hell so they will be doing Dio-era Sabbath tracks just as always. Jesus.

And it is also just a festival show so 60 minutes is understandable...

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
                      And as an answer to Sahand, Why on earth would you think for a second that they would be doing any Diuo solo tracks for heavens sake! It is Heaven & Hell so they will be doing Dio-era Sabbath tracks just as always. Jesus.
                      because its going to be called : a "Ronnie James Dio" tribute... they named it "Stand Up And Shout" after a song of DIO...
                      that should be Sabbath,Rainbow,Dio songs...
                      i would welcome it if they called it a tribute to "Heaven And Hell" ...
                      Ronnie should have a biggest show to honor "RONNIE JAMES DIO" with every work that he did...

Comment

they named it "Stand Up And Shout" after a song of DIO...
                        OH PLEASE! Can you read? They did NOT name it Stand up and shout. They simply said, in a display of class, that the proceedings will go to the Stand up and shout cancer fund.

They, the players, the last one with whom Dio played live, mean no disrespect towards Dio, quite the contrary. They will do as a tribute to him what they used to do with him, which is, play the songs that they wrote, recorded, and played together.

Comment

Originally posted by nunoni View Post
                          OH PLEASE! Can you read? They did NOT name it Stand up and shout. They simply said, in a display of class, that the proceedings will go to the Stand up and shout cancer fund.
                          sorry ... language problem...

They, the players, the last one with whom Dio played live, mean no disrespect towards Dio, quite the contrary. They will do as a tribute to him what they used to do with him, which is, play the songs that they wrote, recorded, and played together.
                          ok... i didnt say they disrespected Dio... but i'm still think its a "Heaven And Hell" Tribute... a "Dio/Iommi/Butler" tribute...
                          if we call this Ronnie James Dio tribute what should we call a Real "Ronni James Dio" tribute?...

Comment

Man, I am stoked about this. Lande and Hughes are two of my favorite singers!

I know that here in America (I'm from NJ), Jorn Lande isn't well known, but he can sing like few others. I know Joe posted a few YouTube clips, but it doesn't even scratch the surface on what he can do. He did an album with Bernie Marsden and Micky Moody of Whitesnake (called, ironically enough, The Snakes) where he absolutely nails late 70s-early 80s era Coverdale. He's also done 2 albums with Symphony X vocalist Russell Allen under the "Allen / Lande" banner which are brilliant. Search "Allen Lande" on YouTube and prepare to be amazed....

Would I love to see a 3 hour All-Star tribute, a la Freddie Mercury? Of course. Ronnie James Dio was a once in a lifetime talent, and probably deserves a 24 hour hour concert! But popularity-wise, RJD doesn't hold a candle to Freddie. Queen was not only once of the biggest bands in the universe (again, I'm thinking globally, not just America), but Freddie dying from AIDS in 1991 just created a "perfect storm" for a concert of that magnitude to happen. Had he died in say, 2001 instead, I don't believe the concert would have happened in that way. The "taboo" surrounding HIV/AIDS had lessened considerably by that time.

We should be thankful that we are getting one last show from these guys. I only hope that they will decide to release this show on Blu-ray/DVD/CD!
                            Rise up, resist, and be the master of your fate
                            Don't look back, live for today - tomorrow is too late!

Comment

Thanks for the very good news (and DMC got this one first!)
                              Heh heh THAT one got closed down. Seems Joe didn't want anyone spoiling his announcement party

Oh well.

I love the idea of Glenn doing this stuff. He's got the history with the band & RJD... He's got the pipes.

Lande? Well... He's got a great chance to promote his record! Really.... an occasion like this doesn't call for a RJD impersonator. Ugh!
                              Last edited by devilmaycare; 06-15-2010, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X