RObb Flynn's Ttibute version of Die young

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RObb Flynn's Ttibute version of Die young

Unbelievable !! Hats off to Robb, very moving. RIP Debbie and RIP Ronnie !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QofxqDOlraI
    Last edited by evileye; 06-29-2010, 03:37 AM. Reason: misspelling
    www.distant-past.ch
    www.emerald.ch

Thanks for sharing this. Wow... One of my favorite songs of all time on a fresh version. I love that kind of covers, those that give new life to an amazing song. Thanks again.

Comment

That was really really good !!!

It worked because, the singer made it his own versus trying to replicate the original which is nearly impossible(and i do mean impossible) to do.

Comment

This instantly became one of my favorite covers ever. Amazing job, and a good choice by Robb. He realized he's "not that kind of singer" to tackle DY in it's original form, so he went in a totally different direction. Bravo.

On a side note, it reminds me a lot of Opeth.....either a new original Opeth tune, or what Opeth would sound like covering a Dio tune....
        Rise up, resist, and be the master of your fate
        Don't look back, live for today - tomorrow is too late!

Comment

Originally posted by geezerbutler View Post
          That was really really good !!!

It worked because, the singer made it his own versus trying to replicate the original which is nearly impossible(and i do mean impossible) to do.
          Yes! Yes! Yes! That's exactly how it should be done. Do it your way or don't do it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by KHH View Post
            Yes! Yes! Yes! That's exactly how it should be done. Do it your way or don't do it at all.
            Very true. It's a great version. I always enjoy hearing acoustic covers/versions of heavy songs.
            "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
            "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
            "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

Originally posted by KHH View Post
              Nice tribute song. I also like Rainbow in the Dark by Tetrastar, they made it their own.

Comment

Beautiful cover, I wish I could cry, but my medication is holding me back a bit.
                "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

Working...
                X