Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

All those tributes to Dio...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baricco View Post
    From a finnish band called Amoral, singer Ari Koivunen doing 'Don't Talk to Strangers'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDnSl...layer_embedded

Not bad.

Regards.
    The singer has a dark past though - he rose to prominence through the Idols talent show (Finnish equivalent of American Idol) I don't dig his voice too much (though he has gotten better), and he is quite an a hole they say. And there was also a RJD memorial gala (which has been discussed on this forum before, if I recall) where some of finest musicians of Finlands metal scene paid tribute to the master, Marco Hietala (Tarot, Nightwish) among others. Koivunen performed DTTS there aswell.
    Last edited by -E5150 StarWanderer-; 10-15-2010, 02:03 PM.
    "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
    "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
    "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

Probably around during the time Ronnie found out he had cancer:

Slatr - Neon Knights
      The Mob Rules

I swear, this band put a damn smile on my face. Good job. There is hope in the future.
      "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

It seems that Ripper Owens is doing a tribute to Dio, in every gig he's performing.

Now, 'Children of the Sea' in Slovakia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A__eJ...layer_embedded

Best!

He pulled that off quite well.

I'd love to see Owens front a project with Iommi/Butler.

Comment

Let's go back with the tributes.

Former CHASTAIN frontwoman Leather Leone recorded a cover version of the DIO classic "Egypt (The Chains Are On)" as a tribute to Ronnie James Dio in October 2010 at the Freedom Studio in Los Angeles, California. This demo recording, which can be heard in the YouTube clip below, features the following musicians:

* Leather Leone (CHASTAIN, MALIBU BARBI, RUDE GIRL) - Vocals
          * Sandy Sledge (ALLISON CHAINS, WEAPONSVAN, WARBRIDE, MALIBU BARBI, RUDE GIRL) - Drums
          * Brett Baugh - Guitar
          * Ben Getting - Bass
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_5um...yer_embedded#!

Regards,

Comment

It seems that Ripper Owens is doing a tribute to Dio, in every gig he's performing.

Now, 'Children of the Sea' in Slovakia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A__eJ...layer_embedded

Best!

Because he wants so bad to be in Tonys next band / project. Wonder why Tony didn't pick him to play at the Ronnie tribute show ?

Comment

Yesterday me and my girl, went to see Buckcherry and Motley Crue. They are touring in three mayor cities in Mexico.

I wore my Dio conmemorative t-shirt, that one that were on sale last year and that came along with a pin and the little magazine with all those touching letters from several Dio's fans and friends.

I did it as my tribute to Dio, after a year of his passing. And it surprises me very gratefully people's reaction at the arena, when they saw that Dio's conmemorative t-shirt. Some of them made the horns, some other shouted 'Dioooo'!!

Mission acomplished. It wasn't my original idea but it worked very well.

Comment

Working...
              X