Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heaven and Hell tribute gig Setlist for High Voltage festival!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon_Knight View Post
    Great gig, both Hughes and Jorn sound great. Anyone noticed that Vinny has different drum set?
    I was just coming to post that. Looks like a very small kit compared to what he normally plays.
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

Turn Up The Night

Cant wait to hear/see this.
      The time it is coming when all life will end,
      With doomsday approaching to hell we'll descend.
      Religion won't save me, the damage is done.
      The future has ended before it's begun.

Comment

Children of the Sea -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s5HeFTomCk

Comment

Good set and a nice tribute to Ronnie. But after all these years CG and TUTN should've made their comeback to the set with Dio on vocals
          Nobody will ever let you know
          When you ask the reason why
          They just tell you that you're on your own
          Fill your head all full of lies

Comment

Die Young http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmEguUbWwAA

Comment

No quibbles with the set list - I really was expecting nothing in that area and they pleasantly surprised me with the inclusion of "Turn Up The Night". Nice to see a full performance of "Country Girl" after the truncated version they'd had been playing in recent years.

I feel very good about this sendoff for the Heaven and Hell project. It is a shame that the band couldn't be the co-headliners along with ZZ, but all in all, that's a very minor point. A fitting tribute to one of rock music's most durable voices.

Comment

Jorn sounds great on Die Young! Not digging Glenn's vocals all that much from what I've heard so far. Thanks for the links! Keep 'em coming!
                If the magic comes between us
                And we never meet again
                Take a part of me away
                'Cause maybe it's all above love
                ~As Long As It's Not About Love~

Comment

Funnily. I'm thinking exactly the opposite about the vocalists... I think Jorn just sounds & looks so... Pedestrian... Hughes (whilst not the star he thinks he is!) just has the class, voice & charisma to pull it off.
                  Last edited by devilmaycare; 07-25-2010, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Intro / Mob Rules (Lande) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiA6FQ2PJnE

Comment

Originally posted by dioivanov View Post
                      Thanks for sharing this. Lande sounds awesome, he sings Mob Rules the same way Ronnie did.

Comment

Great performances, a lot of fun to see. I love watching this stuff!

But as nice and convenient as the whole YouTube movement is, does anyone else notice the zombie-like audiences these days? Granted, this is a festival with many different performers but it's disappointing to see so many concert goers focused on getting the perfect recording on their cell phone that there is little to no reaction to some of these performances.

There is no way in hell I could ever stand there with my hands at my sides as Tony rips into Neon Knights.
                        ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

Love the coat Geezer's wearing, very cool and classy....
                          "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                          R. Blackmore

Comment

Here are some pics from the show Ive shot last night (I was right in front central)
                            Iam still far away from home so I cant elaborate more on the show now !
                            All in all it was really a very good show and Iommi/Geezer & Vinny were really on top form as always !
                            Will post a brief review of the whole fest and H&H show after I fly back home on Thursday ! cheers everyone ....

http://picasaweb.google.com/arch.oss...eat=directlink

Comment

Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
                              Great performances, a lot of fun to see. I love watching this stuff!

But as nice and convenient as the whole YouTube movement is, does anyone else notice the zombie-like audiences these days? Granted, this is a festival with many different performers but it's disappointing to see so many concert goers focused on getting the perfect recording on their cell phone that there is little to no reaction to some of these performances.

There is no way in hell I could ever stand there with my hands at my sides as Tony rips into Neon Knights.
                              I was wondering that myself... Was there a "gold ticket" affair at the front? I have never seen a festival audience that close to the stage being so... well... LAME!

Comment

Originally posted by dioivanov View Post
                                Great quality! Jorn does sound great on that, even better than he sounded on Die Young.
                                If the magic comes between us
                                And we never meet again
                                Take a part of me away
                                'Cause maybe it's all above love
                                ~As Long As It's Not About Love~

Comment

Working...
                                X