No announcement yet.

RONNIE JAMES DIO Tribute Album And Los Angeles-Area Concert In The Works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a link to a Metallica interview about the tribute LP & you can stream the Medley Ronnie Rising - I love it - think it's one of the best covers Metallica has done & would love to see them play it live - http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...20140324Listen
    At least my hair is all mine, My teeth are my own, but everything else is on a permanent loan I'm on a low budget - Ray Davies

Comment

I agree Tom. Its the best music Metallica has released since The Mercyful Fate medley. Even the vocal (which have made me cringe for well over 20 years now) somehow work really well. Despite Scorpions beng on it, I may actually buy this.
      The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

Well if they play a live concert it would be great for BS to play Heaven & Hell, would love to hear Ozzy sing it!
        "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
        R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
          Holy Diver - Killswitch Engage (probably THE worst cover I've ever heard of this song)
          Glad I'm not the only one to feel this way. It's actually one of the worst covers I've heard period on a mainstream level. Right up there with System of a Down's "Snowblind" that I thought was a joke parody cover when I first heard it. And I was really into SOAD at the time, but not so much shortly thereafter.

Comment

Originally posted by SDMF Jon View Post
            I'll probably get flamed over this, but I'm disappointed there's not a Black Sabbath presence on this album. I would LOVE to have heard the original line-up cover a Dio (band) or Rainbow-era song. I just think it would be hella-interesting, and a way for Ozzy to "bury the hatchet" so to speak by giving his take on Ronnie's singing. Not that the two are comparable, it's apples and oranges. But I think it would be very interesting.
            We both know that'll never happen, that would mean Ozzy, Geezer and Tony would be acknowledging that there was post Ozzy Sabbath, something that no longer exists.
            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
            ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by Lord of This Board View Post
              Glad I'm not the only one to feel this way. It's actually one of the worst covers I've heard period on a mainstream level. Right up there with System of a Down's "Snowblind" that I thought was a joke parody cover when I first heard it. And I was really into SOAD at the time, but not so much shortly thereafter.
              I second this! I respect the fact that in both cases the bands took the songs to completely new directions and made them sound their own, but they are still among my list of worst covers ever...I like some of SOAD's music, but their cover of Snowblind is a travesty.
              "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
              "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
              "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

cool "Holy Diver" cover by Nightmare , a french band from Grenoble . Motocultor Festival 2013

Comment

Working...
                X