Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Ronnie's last show, 5 year anniversary.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sadly, I missed seeing Ronnie, and I always regretted it. At the time they were touring TDYK and were playing a piddly little venue at the university. For some reason that put me off, and I didn't bother going. Stupid. Always regretted not seeing Heaven and Hell with Ronnie, but who would have imagined his imminent death?
    Last edited by Now in Darkness; 03-26-2015, 11:22 PM.
    Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

Saw them on "The Dio Years" tour at the Mohegan Sun in CT. Friggin' awesome show. Everyone was at the top of their game that night. Still miffed that they opened with "After All (The Dead)". I love the song but I know later they would open with "Mob Rules" which seemed more fitting. Glad I got to see this incarnation of the band.

Comment

Originally posted by turch118 View Post
        Saw them on "The Dio Years" tour at the Mohegan Sun in CT. Friggin' awesome show. Everyone was at the top of their game that night. Still miffed that they opened with "After All (The Dead)". I love the song but I know later they would open with "Mob Rules" which seemed more fitting. Glad I got to see this incarnation of the band.
        Same. So grateful I saw them in 07 in Melbourne on the Dio years reunion tour. It was one of the greatest gigs I've ever been to. They played an arena which had been transformed into intimate theatre mode for the show and had seating on the floor, a friend of my brother had connections with the promoter so he was able to get us front row seating smack bang between Tony and Ronnie. Managed to score 2 picks from Tony and also nabbed the setlist at the end. Oh and Down who I'd always been a huge fan of as well opened which was a nice little bonus. Memorable night!!

Comment

That's Nice!!

Comment

Working...
          X