No announcement yet.

5th year Memorial.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A friend I work with his Dad and Dio grew up together best friends stayed in touch all thru Ronnie's life, he sent me picks a few years ago, 7 now I guess... from 2008 when RJD visited Cortland NY his home town, just 40 mi. from my home. I'd like to upload the pics, my friend and his brothers and dad visted Ronnie and Wendy many times out at their home in California... Ronnie's dad was in a nursing home at the time in 2008, theirs pics of them eating dinner at his favorite Italian Restaurant and Jimmy Bain, Rod Feinstein, his cousin and former Elf and Current The Rods lead guitarist... Kelly Gruber..? (the one who just died) ... my friends a guitarist and his brother, they have a band, his father plays too and recorded a tribute song to Ronnie when he passed away... Elf, or pre-Elf, Ronnie Dio and the Electric Elves and then Elf played regularly in my hometown and the surrounding area... I was too young to see them but knew of them, my friend visited back stage when RJD and Heaven & Hell played Binghamton NY, there's pics of Ronnie visiting the barber shop they hung out at in his youth, playing cards and drinking... visiting with with the locals... Ronnie always remained friends and in touch with the people he grew up with, he was a regular guy..

So how do I upload pictures?
    Last edited by Wicked Cricket; 05-21-2015, 06:59 PM.
    "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
      A friend I work with his Dad and Dio grew up together best friends stayed in touch all thru Ronnie's life, he sent me picks a few years ago, 7 now I guess... from 2008 when RJD visited Cortland NY his home town, just 40 mi. from my home. I'd like to upload the pics, my friend and his brothers and dad visted Ronnie and Wendy many times out at their home in California... Ronnie's dad was in a nursing home at the time in 2008, theirs pics of them eating dinner at his favorite Italian Restaurant and Jimmy Bain, Rod Feinstein, his cousin and former Elf and Current The Rods lead guitarist... Kelly Gruber..? (the one who just died) ... my friends a guitarist and his brother, they have a band, his father plays too and recorded a tribute song to Ronnie when he passed away... Elf, or pre-Elf, Ronnie Dio and the Electric Elves and then Elf played regularly in my hometown and the surrounding area... I was too young to see them but knew of them, my friend visited back stage when RJD and Heaven & Hell played Binghamton NY, there's pics of Ronnie visiting the barber shop they hung out at in his youth, playing cards and drinking... visiting with with the locals... Ronnie always remained friends and in touch with the people he grew up with, he was a regular guy..

I'd love to see those pictures Wicked, I don't know how to upload them to the computer though, maybe one of our more computer savvier members could help you out.
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post

Such an awesome story...and that really does capture Ronnie's essence perfectly. He wasn't a rock star in attitude, but a regular down to earth kind of fellow. Which is why he was so loved by his fans and piers in the music world as well!

You can't upload pictures on this site...you need to link them. So you'll need a photo upload site (photobucket or something like that) where you'll upload the pictures then link them here.

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
          Such an awesome story...and that really does capture Ronnie's essence perfectly. He wasn't a rock star in attitude, but a regular down to earth kind of fellow. Which is why he was so loved by his fans and piers in the music world as well!

You can't upload pictures on this site...you need to link them. So you'll need a photo upload site (photobucket or something like that) where you'll upload the pictures then link them here.
          Wicked - yes please upload the pictures like Charger said you can sign up for photo sharing site like photobucket and flickr for free and just copy the link here to share the pictures.

also saw these 2 links on blabbermouth - more coverage of the memorial service

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT8D...layer_embedded

Dio Disciples live at the memorial - http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/vid...l-celebration/
          At least my hair is all mine, My teeth are my own, but everything else is on a permanent loan I'm on a low budget - Ray Davies

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post

K thx Charger... I'll see what I can do...
            "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
            R. Blackmore

Comment

Today is the tenth anniversary of Ronnie’s passing.

R.I.P. Ronnie you’re gone but will never be forgotten, your music will live on forever in the heart and souls of us fans.

You were always a gentleman and class act.

We all know that Dio ruled all the post Ozzy/Sabbath hating fools, because your all fooools!!!!!
              Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 05-16-2020, 04:02 PM.
              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
              ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Working...
              X