My personal memories of Ronnie James Dio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My personal memories of Ronnie James Dio

Ten years ago tonight I filmed Ronnie James Dio's last-ever concert appearance, and spoke with him to document his last-ever post show interview. This memoir covers not only that, but my thoughts on Black Sabbath, Ronnie's impact on my life, and the roller coaster ride that black-sabbath.com and I took from that moment exactly a decade ago, right up to and beyond Ronnie's passing in 2010.

There is a lot to unpack here, but I hope you find it as rewarding to read as it was for me to write, and I consider it to be an accurate look back at not only the end of a tour, but the end of an era.

I suggest you stop reading at each youtube clip and watch as each video is posted in chronological order as the story is told.

Enjoy, and GOD BLESS RJD!!
    Damian

https://www.black-sabbath.com/2019/0...es-last-stand/
    Damian
    Super Moderator
    Black-Sabbath.com

^^ Fantastic piece ,,, great READ!! .... Loved it , and the big GOD BLESS you ended with!

..... Thanks for an excellent time , allowing us to enjoy your personal DIO memories!

God Bless D

Comment

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
      ^^ Fantastic piece ,,, great READ!! .... Loved it , and the big GOD BLESS you ended with!

..... Thanks for an excellent time , allowing us to enjoy your personal DIO memories!

God Bless D
      All the best, Doc, always!

D.
      Damian
      Super Moderator
      Black-Sabbath.com

Comment

Originally posted by Damian View Post
        Ten years ago tonight I filmed Ronnie James Dio's last-ever concert appearance, and spoke with him to document his last-ever post show interview. This memoir covers not only that, but my thoughts on Black Sabbath, Ronnie's impact on my life, and the roller coaster ride that black-sabbath.com and I took from that moment exactly a decade ago, right up to and beyond Ronnie's passing in 2010.

There is a lot to unpack here, but I hope you find it as rewarding to read as it was for me to write, and I consider it to be an accurate look back at not only the end of a tour, but the end of an era.

I suggest you stop reading at each youtube clip and watch as each video is posted in chronological order as the story is told.

Enjoy, and GOD BLESS RJD!!
        Damian

https://www.black-sabbath.com/2019/0...es-last-stand/
        Damian, as always great work, loved reading the and seeing the photos and videos.

Brought me great joy reading your article and sadness at the same time knowing we'll never see Dio/Black Sabbath again.

Ronnie was always the Gentleman, would have loved to have met him and let him know how much joy he brought to me in my youth and as a grown man, Ronnie was and will always be special, a legend both when he was alive and now passed.

To all those fools who disliked Ronnie for his participation in Black Sabbath, and that's what it was BLACK SABBATH, you're all fools, Ronnie rules all you DIO/Sabbath hating Fools!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Damian,
        OID, which in reverse spells DIO!!!!!
        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
        ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Working...
        X