Help me solve this Dio DVD release mystery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me solve this Dio DVD release mystery

The 2003 "Evil Or Divine" DVD is visually very grainy and has terrible sepia-toned effects added. However, there is apparently a DVD release of this show that is much sharper and does not contain effects.

Proof:Another example posted under a different YouTube user, this time with subtitles suggesting this really is a proper release.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gobvyeh_yiA

My question is does anyone know where this comes from? This is so much better than the normal version so I'd love to track down a full copy.

EDIT: Solved see followup post.
    Last edited by hatch; 04-24-2021, 10:18 AM.

wow - that's an amazing find

looks WAY better than the official dvd

Anyone in the know about this? I never watch the dvd cause of the awful PQ. looks like it was filmed with a cell phone.

The above clips look so much better, even if it's still 4:3

Comment

Originally posted by Sabbathdiofan View Post
      wow - that's an amazing find

looks WAY better than the official dvd

Anyone in the know about this? I never watch the dvd cause of the awful PQ. looks like it was filmed with a cell phone.

The above clips look so much better, even if it's still 4:3
      I actually did get to the bottom of this. It's the original Japanese version which I had to pay up for, sadly! I made a Reddit post about it here with some more details including side-by-side screenshots.

Comment

Interesting. This should have gotten a BD release, even in SD in original version.
        Is this on both NTSC and PAL versions? I haven't watched my copy in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by hatch View Post

I actually did get to the bottom of this. It's the original Japanese version which I had to pay up for, sadly! I made a Reddit post about it here with some more details including side-by-side screenshots.
          Nice work!!

what’s the catalogue number for this release?

Comment

Working...
          X