Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Disc Paranoid Reissue

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/p..._plan_18_month

Classic Rock reported this last year as well.

Hope it actually gets released this time.

Re: 3 Disc PARANOID REISSUE coming Sept 29th

Outakes? Believe it when I see it.

It be kind of cool if one was a DVD and it had the quadraphonic version... but that is just wishful thinking.

Comment

Outakes? Believe it when I see it.

It be kind of cool if one was a DVD and it had the quadraphonic version... but that is just wishful thinking.

Comment

It's pretty short notice when there's not even any official source to back the claim is it not? Well maybe they didn't want to steal any thunder away from The Rules of Hell, but I still find it hard to believe that it's coming so soon (if at all). I'm crossing my fingers though
        http://www.last.fm/user/sirkenneth

http://xkcd.com/386/

Comment

It's pretty short notice when there's not even any official source to back the claim is it not? Well maybe they didn't want to steal any thunder away from The Rules of Hell, but I still find it hard to believe that it's coming so soon (if at all). I'm crossing my fingers though
          http://www.last.fm/user/sirkenneth

http://xkcd.com/386/

Comment

This was supposed to be released in early 2007 by Sanctuary. They were going to re-re-re-release the Sabbath catalog, only this time with extra stuff, ie outakes. I write Sanctuary about these back in 2007, and the perosn that replied to me said that the first three Sabbath albums would come out first, with "Black Sabbath" and "Master Of Reality" being 2 discs, and "Paranoid" being a 3 disc set. They told me that the extras were a mixture of both studio outakes, and live stuff. In fact, the guy told me that there was a version of "Paranoid" with different lyrics.

Of course, these never materialized. Later in 2007 I e-mailed a friend who was actually contacted by Sanctuary about what kind of post-Ozzy era outakes there were, for when they eventually do that part of Sabbath's catalog. He contacted Sanctuary about the delay of the first three re-releases, and he actually forwarded me the e-amil he got from them. It basically said that our favorite person, Mrs. O$bourne herself, was preventing these from being released. When I expressed my anger about this to my friend, he actually agreed with her. Apparently the extra stuff that would be included with the three CD's is from ex-Sabbath manager Patrick Meehan, who won a court case against the band back in the mid-'70's....remember the song "The Writ"? Even though hearing anything unreleased from early '70's Sabbath would be awesome, why should he profit from this and not the band?

I'm not holding my breath that this 3CD version of "Paranoid" will come out.

Comment

This was supposed to be released in early 2007 by Sanctuary. They were going to re-re-re-release the Sabbath catalog, only this time with extra stuff, ie outakes. I write Sanctuary about these back in 2007, and the perosn that replied to me said that the first three Sabbath albums would come out first, with "Black Sabbath" and "Master Of Reality" being 2 discs, and "Paranoid" being a 3 disc set. They told me that the extras were a mixture of both studio outakes, and live stuff. In fact, the guy told me that there was a version of "Paranoid" with different lyrics.

Of course, these never materialized. Later in 2007 I e-mailed a friend who was actually contacted by Sanctuary about what kind of post-Ozzy era outakes there were, for when they eventually do that part of Sabbath's catalog. He contacted Sanctuary about the delay of the first three re-releases, and he actually forwarded me the e-amil he got from them. It basically said that our favorite person, Mrs. O$bourne herself, was preventing these from being released. When I expressed my anger about this to my friend, he actually agreed with her. Apparently the extra stuff that would be included with the three CD's is from ex-Sabbath manager Patrick Meehan, who won a court case against the band back in the mid-'70's....remember the song "The Writ"? Even though hearing anything unreleased from early '70's Sabbath would be awesome, why should he profit from this and not the band?

I'm not holding my breath that this 3CD version of "Paranoid" will come out.

Comment

Well if Patrick Meehan is involved I wouldn't expect any thing to be re released.

Comment

Well if Patrick Meehan is involved I wouldn't expect any thing to be re released.

Comment

Of course Sharon's hate for someone screws over millions of fans again .

Comment

Of course Sharon's hate for someone screws over millions of fans again .

Comment

Originally Posted By: Monkey Of course Sharon's hate for someone screws over millions of fans again .
                        What the hell, man? Did you just gloss over everything in this thread that had to do with former managers and legal issues? For the love of everything holy, she sounds like she's doing what any good manager would be doing.

This guy, Meehan, screwed this band <span style="font-style: italic">over</span> and I'd wager that none of the original four want to aid him in making one further cent from their labors. But you saw the words 'Sharon Osbourne' and reason took a holiday.

My turn -

Comment

Originally Posted By: Monkey Of course Sharon's hate for someone screws over millions of fans again .
                          What the hell, man? Did you just gloss over everything in this thread that had to do with former managers and legal issues? For the love of everything holy, she sounds like she's doing what any good manager would be doing.

This guy, Meehan, screwed this band <span style="font-style: italic">over</span> and I'd wager that none of the original four want to aid him in making one further cent from their labors. But you saw the words 'Sharon Osbourne' and reason took a holiday.

My turn -

Comment

Originally Posted By: J Hillenburg

My turn -
                            So I don't give a damn what this guy did, it can't be anything worse than Sharon selling fake products to fans because she doesn't want to pay musicians that were on the album. Music business is always ugly. All I want to hear is the damn outtakes Iommi and Sharon refuse to release.

Comment

Quote: why should he profit from this and not the band?
                              Well they would make money on every album sold too, much more money...since they have songwriting credits on all the original tracks.

Quote: So I don't give a damn what this guy did, it can't be anything worse than Sharon selling fake products to fans because she doesn't want to pay musicians that were on the album. Music business is always ugly. All I want to hear is the damn outtakes Iommi and Sharon refuse to release.
                              The musicians in the re-recordings are correctly credited. I don't like the idea of the re-recordings but they are not "fake". They are edited.
                              http://theramblingelf.tumblr.com/ - my Tumblog (music reviews galore!)
                              http://twitter.com/TheRamblingElf - my Twitter
                              http://www.facebook.com/rwarrell - my Facebook

Comment

Working...
                              X