When I Came Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I Came Down

This has probably been posted before, but I'm too lazy to look. I found this 55 second long snipet of the rare unreleased Black Sabbath song "When I Came Down": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83XtO...eature=related

Man, it sounds awesome! I wish the full version would get released some day.

What i have heard of these songs Iommi that pretends don't exist they sound better than TE and NSD. I really wish he would release them even if there is only an EP worth of them.

Comment

That's definitely a cool snippet, too bad a full version was never released.
      Iommi = Sabbath

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey View Post
        What i have heard of these songs Iommi that pretends don't exist they sound better than TE and NSD. I really wish he would release them even if there is only an EP worth of them.
        I agree that it would be good if they would release them...but better than TE or NSD! Are you sure?
        Last edited by Rusty Bullet; 09-27-2008, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Damn thank you for posting that.
          Vic always says 'killing is my business, and business is good'.. He can play the symphony of destruction, after all the worlds needs a hero because the system has failed. Vic is on the killing road to Hangar 18, and he will Take No Prisioners on this holy wars.

Quote by Ray Rules

Comment

Originally posted by MarcStitz View Post
            Damn thank you for posting that.

Amen!
            "i'm 12 and i love dark sabboth"

Comment

Yeah this has been posted up for a while now since it was leaked. Who knows at this point, it just might possibly turn up sometime officially or booted. But as said before, Iommi pretty much has his Fort Knox of demos.
              "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

Originally posted by WarningRules View Post
                Amen!
                ROFL...

when i read the thing that i had quoted, I thought it was in reference to Rusty bullet.
                "i'm 12 and i love dark sabboth"

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Bullet View Post
                  I agree that it would be good if they would release them...but better than TE or NSD! Are you sure?
                  Yup, because TE and NSD is pretty much them trying to back to their rock roots and failing at it. These early songs are better bluesy Rock & Roll songs.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey View Post
                    Yup, because TE and NSD is pretty much them trying to back to their rock roots and failing at it. These early songs are better bluesy Rock & Roll songs.
                    I'll keep Swinging the Chain for my kick arse Blues Rock and Roll. I'll also keep Junior's Eyes, Dirty Women, You Won't Change Me and Johnny Blade!

Comment

They have more of it on youtube somewhere I believe. They also have Mythology demos from before Tony lost his fingertips
                      "Just remember love is life and hate is living death" - A National Acrobat

http://flummoxed.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                        They have more of it on youtube somewhere I believe. They also have Mythology demos from before Tony lost his fingertips
                        As of today, there are no evidence MYTHOLOGY ever recorded anything in the studio. The only known MYTHOLOGY material is an audience recording from their last show in Silloth, in July 1968 (a few weeks before the creation of POLKA TULK). This is what you must have heard.

And, by the way, Tony lost his finger three years before that, when he was in THE ROCKING CHEVROLETS, in 1965
                        Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies donít use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of ďDehumanizerĒ.
                        "Black Sabbath : la BÍte venue de Birmingham"

Comment

Originally posted by Gardener View Post
                          As of today, there are no evidence MYTHOLOGY ever recorded anything in the studio. The only known MYTHOLOGY material is an audience recording from their last show in Silloth, in July 1968 (a few weeks before the creation of POLKA TULK). This is what you must have heard.

And, by the way, Tony lost his finger three years before that, when he was in THE ROCKING CHEVROLETS, in 1965
                          Yeah it was the live show. I could've sword Iommi still had finger tips then

Comment

I just heard something about this clip. Somebody said Joe owned the entire thing, Joe if you're reading, please answer..

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                              I just heard something about this clip. Somebody said Joe owned the entire thing, Joe if you're reading, please answer..
                              Joe Siegler does not own it I believe. The Joe that person was referring to was a man by the name Joe D'Augsto (SP?) or something like that. He owns the full recording of it. The B side even has a early version of the Wizard. Apparently the full track sounds like crap anyways. Besides, When I Came Down is just sabbath covering a Norman Haines song by the request of Simpson. It would be cool if the whole thing surfaced, but whether or not it is in a condition to be played without breaking is another story.

BTW, anyone interested in Sabbath and has a You tube account should subscribe to the user who posted that When I Came Down snippet, BlackSabfan. He finds very rare and nice bootlegs and posts them. His posts range from a Live version of A national acrobat to The WHOLE asbury park 75' show but he covers all eras of Sabbath and does some Thin Lizzy posts as well.
                              http://wickedinquisition.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X