video of the best iommi solo I've found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video of the best iommi solo I've found

Okay, so it's been a while since I found this video, and I've watched it about a billion times, so I figured that you should all see it too.

This is the solo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z47_OUfcK6U

This is the complete song (dirty Women):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5Ly70JJVv4

The complete song version is very quiet for some reason, but it's all good. Enjoy!
    "i'm 12 and i love dark sabboth"

It looks like, at around 0:50, Geezer is playing with a pick. Is this true? I thought he never played with a pick!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
      It looks like, at around 0:50, Geezer is playing with a pick. Is this true? I thought he never played with a pick!
      He often does. He says he likes playing with a pick because it sounds better, and more precise (he always does it at the ending of Iron Man and sometimes on Children of the Grave) even though he prefers his fingers. Something along those lines - can't remember exactly what he said... I like it better when he uses his fingers though, the guy is awesome.

And that guitar solo is indeed pretty fucking amazing.
      The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

Originally posted by David86 View Post
        He often does. He says he likes playing with a pick because it sounds better, and more precise (he always does it at the ending of Iron Man and sometimes on Children of the Grave) even though he prefers his fingers. Something along those lines - can't remember exactly what he said... I like it better when he uses his fingers though, the guy is awesome.

And that guitar solo is indeed pretty fucking amazing.
        He likes to Play the Pick on the very fast parts so he can sound more precise of the songs there Dave. Like the ending of Iron Man, I don't know if anybody play that part with there fingers.
        Vic always says 'killing is my business, and business is good'.. He can play the symphony of destruction, after all the worlds needs a hero because the system has failed. Vic is on the killing road to Hangar 18, and he will Take No Prisioners on this holy wars.

Quote by Ray Rules

Comment

The reason for my shock is that I remember reading a quote from Geezer saying that he never uses a pick, and always uses his fingers.

Comment

Working...
          X