No announcement yet.

"The Devil you know" effect on Ozzy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people still believed in another Original lineup reunion. Some still believe. But for me, "that's something too unreal" - Ozzy couldn't be forced to record an album and work properly with Sabbath for 9 years, so why would anyone expect him to change now? Especially with that lawsuit on?
    "There's only one Black Sabbath... I like to call him Tony Iommi" - racer

Comment

Originally posted by Keyd View Post
      Everyone???

What are you waiting for?

What will this great inspiration bring?

Please don't hold your breath.
      Most of us gave up on Oz (and a Sabbath album with him) many, many years ago.
      All I meant was every time H&H do anything a lot of people say "Maybe this'll have Ozzy feeling bad and begging Tony to come back. But he won't!". I really don't think it'll happen either, just saying this thread covers old ground.
      http://theramblingelf.tumblr.com/ - my Tumblog (music reviews galore!)
      http://twitter.com/TheRamblingElf - my Twitter
      http://www.facebook.com/rwarrell - my Facebook

Comment

The Devil You Know effect on Ozzy is that he sued Black Sabbath for a piece of the action.

Comment

Originally posted by RedZero View Post
          The Devil You Know effect on Ozzy is that he sued Black Sabbath for a piece of the action.
          Ding! Ding! We have a winner!!!
          May 16, 2010. RIP, RJD.

Comment

Originally posted by RedZero View Post

very much correct

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              Some people still believed in another Original lineup reunion. Some still believe. But for me, "that's something too unreal" - Ozzy couldn't be forced to record an album and work properly with Sabbath for 9 years, so why would anyone expect him to change now? Especially with that lawsuit on?
              Yeah, that, /and/ the fact that Iommi is touring at the moment. I'm sure he could do two projects at once. H&H /and/ Black Sabbath. It's not like he'd be working on two albums from the same band at the same time

Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust kidding. I'd be the first one to admit that H&H IS Black Sabbath.
              "i'm 12 and i love dark sabboth"

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                Yeah, getting Geoff Nicholls back on board would have been great!
                Yeah, having Geoff in the band would have been great, but I think the Ozzy/Ward/Butler/Iommi line up has had it's day.

Ozz to his credit is supposedly working on a new album, and Zakk Wylde has mentioned it will be a darker album than previous ones. I don't know for sure what we'll get, but I'm happy Ozzy is working on a new album, rather than all this reality TV BS that he's been associated with over the years.

I don't care about Ozzy's personal life, I just want the man to rock and GO F'N CRAZY doing what he loves!

Given Ozzy's vocals not being what they were 20 years ago, why not do an album in the vein of the early ones - another Black Sabbath fused with elements of Paranoid or Master of Reality wouldn't be a bad thing. Scary Dreams, for instance, wasn't perfect, but the blues/jazz vibe of early Sabbath was there.

Comment

Working...
                X