X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightskald
    replied
    Originally posted by Rover View Post
    Yeah, getting Geoff Nicholls back on board would have been great!
    Yeah, having Geoff in the band would have been great, but I think the Ozzy/Ward/Butler/Iommi line up has had it's day.

Ozz to his credit is supposedly working on a new album, and Zakk Wylde has mentioned it will be a darker album than previous ones. I don't know for sure what we'll get, but I'm happy Ozzy is working on a new album, rather than all this reality TV BS that he's been associated with over the years.

I don't care about Ozzy's personal life, I just want the man to rock and GO F'N CRAZY doing what he loves!

Given Ozzy's vocals not being what they were 20 years ago, why not do an album in the vein of the early ones - another Black Sabbath fused with elements of Paranoid or Master of Reality wouldn't be a bad thing. Scary Dreams, for instance, wasn't perfect, but the blues/jazz vibe of early Sabbath was there.

Leave a comment:

• WarningRules
    replied
    Some people still believed in another Original lineup reunion. Some still believe. But for me, "that's something too unreal" - Ozzy couldn't be forced to record an album and work properly with Sabbath for 9 years, so why would anyone expect him to change now? Especially with that lawsuit on?
    Yeah, that, /and/ the fact that Iommi is touring at the moment. I'm sure he could do two projects at once. H&H /and/ Black Sabbath. It's not like he'd be working on two albums from the same band at the same time

Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust kidding. I'd be the first one to admit that H&H IS Black Sabbath.

Leave a comment:

• Just me
    replied
    Originally posted by RedZero View Post
    The Devil You Know effect on Ozzy is that he sued Black Sabbath for a piece of the action.

very much correct

Leave a comment:

• Chris B
    replied
    Originally posted by RedZero View Post
    The Devil You Know effect on Ozzy is that he sued Black Sabbath for a piece of the action.
    Ding! Ding! We have a winner!!!

Leave a comment:

• RedZero
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TheElfoid
    replied
    Originally posted by Keyd View Post
    Everyone???

What are you waiting for?

What will this great inspiration bring?

Please don't hold your breath.
    Most of us gave up on Oz (and a Sabbath album with him) many, many years ago.
    All I meant was every time H&H do anything a lot of people say "Maybe this'll have Ozzy feeling bad and begging Tony to come back. But he won't!". I really don't think it'll happen either, just saying this thread covers old ground.

Leave a comment:

• Rover
    replied
    Some people still believed in another Original lineup reunion. Some still believe. But for me, "that's something too unreal" - Ozzy couldn't be forced to record an album and work properly with Sabbath for 9 years, so why would anyone expect him to change now? Especially with that lawsuit on?

Leave a comment:

• Keyd
    replied
    Originally posted by TheElfoid View Post
    Everyone hoped that Dio Years, Heaven & Hell Live 2007, Metal Masters and just the announcement of The Devil You Know would inspire Ozzy. And on we wait!
    Everyone???

What are you waiting for?

What will this great inspiration bring?

Please don't hold your breath.
    Most of us gave up on Oz (and a Sabbath album with him) many, many years ago.

Leave a comment:

• TheElfoid
    replied
    Everyone hoped that Dio Years, Heaven & Hell Live 2007, Metal Masters and just the announcement of The Devil You Know would inspire Ozzy. And on we wait!

Leave a comment:

• blackblood
    replied
    I guess we just saw a huge effect-reaction from Ozzy's camp, maybe more than an effect caused by the record it was an effect partially caused by the interviews where Tony has openly spoken about Ozzy and is incapability, unwillingness to record a new album. Certainly money, once again is ruining relationships and it's sad, it will be interesting to hear Tony's official statement, and also how Bill and Geezer react on this, I think Geezer won't be against Tony.

Leave a comment:

• NibRules
    replied
    Something I just thought of, and it made me sad.
    Ultimately, Ozzy will go down in general history not as the first frontman of the first heavy metal band, and not even as a 80s pop star, but as "the stupid dad from The Osbournes". :(
    That's probably how it's going to be... at least for most people. And that's a pity. However there is no one to blame, he (or most probably $he) has chosen (shit loads of) money over reputation. Money is often irresistible temptation for many (me included).

Leave a comment:

• Rover
    replied
    Something I just thought of, and it made me sad.
    Ultimately, Ozzy will go down in general history not as the first frontman of the first heavy metal band, and not even as a 80s pop star, but as "the stupid dad from The Osbournes". :(

Leave a comment:

• profusion
    replied
    Ozzy isn't a musician anymore. He's a brand name. Any new music by Ozzy at this point is just a promotional adjunct to his status as a celebrity.

I suspect that, whatever the personal situation between them may be, there is little chance we will ever see a new album by the original Sabbath again. H&H have said that they've continued the reunion this long and done the album because they're having such a good time. I'm sure the money helps, but I doubt at this stage whether they would continue in an uncomfortable situation just for the money.

I doubt TDYK has any effect on Ozzy--I'd like to see it spur him into actually trying to be a creative musician again, but I'm not holding my breath.

Leave a comment:

• Just me
    replied
    Forget politics, personalities, etc

I like Sabbath, Ozzy, Dio, Martin, Gillan and all made music I like.

I don't think Ozzy has the voice and general health to make an album anywhere near the new Heaven and Hell. Even if it could be "made to work" in the studio (doubt) it would be bad live. Ward doesn't have the stamina or health for a tour either.

I'm happy for what all the incarnations and individuals have made. The H and H DVD, 3 songs on the Dio years, and TDYK are all bonus I NEVER expected to see.

So I'm just grateful.

Leave a comment:

• Gaun†
    replied
    I could be wrong, but Geezer may not have left due to breech of contract.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X