Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deluxe Black Sabbath and Master of Reality ReMaster Dates!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deluxe Black Sabbath and Master of Reality ReMaster Dates!

The upcoming Sanctuary remasters are up on Amazon!

They're sharing a release date, and it's right around the corner!

June 1st, 2009 in the UK... and
    June 30th, 2009 in the States (as an import)!

Wow, I wasn't expecting their arrival so soon!! I cannot express how exciting this is for me!

These will each come with an additional disc of unreleased alternate tracks, including the original, uncut version of "Warning" (take 1), a version of "Evil Woman" with horns (!) and other strange and exciting things! (Someone posted a list of what we can expect on each release, and if I can track it down, I'll post it in this thread).

Plus, the quality of the remaster, if it's anything like Sanctuary's Paranoid, will be amazing, with far less compression and overpowering boom that drowned out everything else on the Rhino versions! I know it's subjective, but for my ears, Sanctuary's deluxe Paranoid was the closest thing I've ever heard to quality of the original LP. And I can't wait to hear what they do on Black Sabbath and Master of Reality!

Ok guys, Saboteur posted this on the Paranoid Deluxe thread, and I think Joe had it on his Pilgrims of Sabbocracy (thanks guys!)

Black Sabbath Deluxe

CD 1
    1. Black Sabbath
    2. The Wizard
    3. Behind The Wall Of Sleep
    4. N.I.B.
    5. Evil Woman, Don't Play Your Games With Me
    6. Sleeping Village
    7. Warning

CD 2
    1. Wicked World
    2. Black Sabbath Minus Rain and with Alternative Lyrics
    3. Black Sabbath Instrumental
    4. The Wizard With Jocular Banter
    5. Behind The Wall Of Sleep With "Dry" Vocal
    6. N.I.B. Alternative Mix
    7. Evil Woman, Don't Play Your Games With Me With Horns & Flute
    8. Sleeping Village Alternative Mix
    9. Warning Part 1

Master Of Reality Deluxe

CD 1
    1. Sweet Leaf
    2. After Forever
    3. Embryo
    4. Children Of The Grave
    5. Orchid
    6. Lord Of This World
    7. Solitude
    8. Into The Void

CD 2
    1. Weevil Woman
    2. Sweet Leaf Demo
    3. After Forever Instrumental
    4. Children Of The Grave Alternative Lyrics
    5. Children Of The Grave Instrumental
    6. Orchid With Tony Iommi's Cough and Count In
    7. Lord Of This World With Piano and Slide Guitar
    8. Solitude Alternative Version With No Flute
    9. Spanish Sid Early Version of "Into the Void"

The highlights of this set, as they appear to my eyes, are the very extended, uncut version of "Warning" (I'm assuming that Part 1 means the 1st take, which Iommi has long said he prefers). If so, that's worth any amount! I've been dying to hear Iommi's uncut solo for years! Other highlights: "Evil Woman" with horns, "Lord of this World" w/piano and slide guitar (That's gotta be cool!). I have no idea what "Weevil Woman" is, except that it sounds like a humorous version of "Evil Woman" (but why would it be on MoR and not the 1st album?). "Spanish Sid" (early "Into the Void") sounds interesting.

I'm surprised to not see the instrumental prototype of "Sleeping Village" called "Devil's Island". This alternate track looks like an in-between version (which is still cool). I had thought the band recorded an extended version of "Wicked World" which is what they played live before and after recording the debut album. But maybe not (and I'd have preferred the American version of the album with "WW" as song #5 instead of "Evil Woman" but that's just me). I had also thought that an early version of "It's Alright" came from these sessions, but they may be saving that for the Technical Ecstasy Deluxe remaster, which I understand (though when I get that, I may have to splice into my version of MoR just to see how that would've sounded!)

Unfortunately, no "When I Came Down" or the other holy grails, "The Rebel" or "Song for Jim," all of which I understand Jim Simpson owns. I'll bet he has enough material to put together an album of Earth and Black Sabbath material. Perhaps he should consider talking to the guys at Sanctuary and get some kind of 'Early Years' album out there. I know I'd love to have all the old 12-bar Blues material the band used to play live, not to mention a clean copy of that 30 minute "Wicked World" jam I mentioned earlier.

Comment

Oh man, that looks great. I'm still waiting on my Paranoid deluxe, but I will def. get these when they come out. It would have been nice if these came with a High res. dvd-a version also, but I'll still take these!

Comment

Originally posted by Modern Day Warrior View Post
        Oh man, that looks great. I'm still waiting on my Paranoid deluxe, but I will def. get these when they come out. It would have been nice if these came with a High res. dvd-a version also, but I'll still take these!
        I was thinking that too! But of course, if it was me, I'd do a 5.1 mix of these albums.

Comment

Originally posted by thesithempire View Post
          I was thinking that too! But of course, if it was me, I'd do a 5.1 mix of these albums.
          I actually meant that also, just like the Paranoid deluxe version. That would really rock.

Comment

Interesting.

I would be quite curious to hear the alternate versions.

Comment

I'm not sure Warning (Part 1) means take 1, I thought that take was lost, which was a shame, because I want to hear the extra, EXTRA long guitar solo.
              Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

Originally posted by Icy Sun View Post
                I'm not sure Warning (Part 1) means take 1, I thought that take was lost, which was a shame, because I want to hear the extra, EXTRA long guitar solo.
                But all these alternate takes were thought lost. And what else could it mean? Only two takes of "Warning" were ever done. And both of them featured the extended solo. The second take was used, and a good ten-to-fifteen minutes was cut by Rodger Bain.

So either way, I imagine, this has to be the extended original cut. (I hope!)

Joe, have you heard this yet? Can you confirm or deny if this is in fact the uncut version of "Warning"?

Comment

Lord of this world with PIANO ?

WOW!

Comment

does anybody know if they'll realese deluxe versions of the following albums, now 5.1 mixes of sabbath nloody sabbath and the other albums would make much more sense as they are richer in sounds and instrumentation.

Comment

Originally posted by Enrico View Post
                      does anybody know if they'll realese deluxe versions of the following albums, now 5.1 mixes of sabbath nloody sabbath and the other albums would make much more sense as they are richer in sounds and instrumentation.
                      Press for the Paranoid Deluxe album mentioned that it was the first of a series of albums that was getting remastered. But it seems not, unfortunately, in surround sound. Paranoid Deluxe only had it because in 1974, they engineered and released a Quadrophonic (4.0 surround) version of the album. So all Sanctuary had to do was spread that out to 5.1 (adding one speaker and a subwoofer channel). A lot of us were hoping that they'd do original 5.1 mixes for the rest of the catalogue, but it doesn't look like they're going that route at this time.

But that's ok because the 2.0 remaster job they did on Paranoid Deluxe blew me away and was miles above the Rhino version I'd been listening to (and a great improvement on the muddy Castle remaster).

Comment

Hey I don't know if this is the same, but on amazon.ca, both albums you mentionned (release date of June 30 and July 1 2009) out on Sanctuary, will be released as double LP! Could this be the same?? Man that would be awesome! I was just looking to get some early Sabbath LPs... but now I'll be sure to wait for them instead!

Comment

Originally posted by montferrand View Post
                          Hey I don't know if this is the same, but on amazon.ca, both albums you mentionned (release date of June 30 and July 1 2009) out on Sanctuary, will be released as double LP! Could this be the same?? Man that would be awesome! I was just looking to get some early Sabbath LPs... but now I'll be sure to wait for them instead!
                          That looks right. They released Paranoid in the LP format as well along with the Deluxe CD/DVD (minus, of course, the 5.1 surround version).

Comment

I've looked all over Amazon and can't find it. Can someone post a link? Is it Amazon or Amazon UK. Is the release going to be a CD or an LP.

Comment

Originally posted by RedZero View Post
                              I've looked all over Amazon and can't find it. Can someone post a link? Is it Amazon or Amazon UK. Is the release going to be a CD or an LP.
                              It's on both, but I tell you if you live in the US, it's considerably more expensive to get it from the US Amazon site as an import. You're better off signing up to Amazon.uk and buying it directly from them. Even with the shipping, it's a lot less.

Here's the Amazon US listings:

Master of Reality
                              http://www.amazon.com/Master-Reality...1412001&sr=1-9

Black Sabbath
                              http://www.amazon.com/Black-Sabbath/...d_bxgy_m_img_b

Here's the Amazon.uk listings:

Master of Reality
                              http://www.amazon.co.uk/Master-Reali...1412231&sr=8-1

Black Sabbath
                              http://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Sabbat...xgy_m_h__img_b

Comment

Working...
                              X