Song for Jim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sterling#sound View Post
    The rebel is a much more interesting song.
    So you've heard it in it's entirety?

Originally posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
    I have it -I was pleased as punch to finally hear the whole thing (after only knowing the bit in Story Vol 1)...though the snippet they played in that is the best part of the song.

The Rebel, Thomas Jam(es?), Early One Morning Blues and When I Came Down.

Besides "The Rebel" ,When I Came Down impressed me the most.
    I'd love to hear A Song For Jim, I want this song so bad.

I love all the Earth demos, I have all the above listed except A Song For Jim, the snippet from Vol. 1 is great.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

I have it -I was pleased as punch to finally hear the whole thing (after only knowing the bit in Story Vol 1)...though the snippet they played in that is the best part of the song.

You have "Song for Jim"? Or did you mean "The Rebel"?
      The version of "When I Came Down" that most have is a looped version of a short clip that was released on the internet and later appeared on a bootleg. Someone looped it after that.
      I don't believe "Thomas James" is actually Sabbath, rather it's been attributed to them.
      "Early One Morning Blues", again, is a sample, this time a sample from the famous Dumfries bootleg that Ozzy and Sharon now own the copyright to. I believe it's the full song though.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
        You have "Song for Jim"? Or did you mean "The Rebel"?
        Yeah I'm also curious about this. Didn't think anyone had heard this one except maybe the live version on the Dumfries show which got snatched up anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by princehollow View Post
          Yeah I'm also curious about this. Didn't think anyone had heard this one except maybe the live version on the Dumfries show which got snatched up anyway.
          This is the one song I've been wanting to hear since I first heard about it years ago, I love the Earth demos.
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Originally posted by Foul Stench View Post
            [purist]I don't consider anything after the 1969 demos to be Sabbath.[/purist]

Comment

Originally posted by Foul Stench View Post
              [purist]I don't consider anything after the 1969 demos to be Sabbath.[/purist]
              Originally posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
              Haha. Nicely played men.
              Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

These are some great choices...i would take these rather than Jim.

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickCrissman View Post
                  These are some great choices...i would take these rather than Jim.
                  Maybe you should just go play The Cricket?
                  95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                  Til rs ok friar ok forn sir

Comment

Will A Song For Jim with lyrics that Jim Simpson has locked away in his vault, ever be released?

Why would Simpson not release this? He’d make millions!

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                      Will A Song For Jim with lyrics that Jim Simpson has locked away in his vault, ever be released?

Why would Simpson not release this? Hed make millions!
                      Even if he has the rights, any element of the band/their managers that might not want it out (for whatever reason) could likely easily veto it as soon as it became an idea, if they so chose.

Comment

The only allegedly complete copies in wider circulation that I have heard of When I Came Down were in fact the ~50 sec snippet repeated a few times. I think Thomas James was some kind of fake, right? And Early One Morning was one song from Dumfries 1969 live (now luckily we have much more songs from that gig). If you happen to have a true complete copy of Song for Jim or When I Came Down, you know which people would be interested to hear it! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
                          Even if he has the rights, any element of the band/their managers that might not want it out (for whatever reason) could likely easily veto it as soon as it became an idea, if they so chose.
                          Thanks Sweet, didn’t know that.

Does anyone besides Jim have a copy or has anyone ever heard the version with lyrics?

I’ve tried searching the lyrics online but to no avail.

This Song was of most interest to me when I first heard the snippet on Black Sabbath The Story Vol. 1

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                            Thanks Sweet, didnt know that.

Does anyone besides Jim have a copy or has anyone ever heard the version with lyrics?

Ive tried searching the lyrics online but to no avail.

This Song was of most interest to me when I first heard the snippet on Black Sabbath The Story Vol. 1
                            One of the best moments on these boards was when we got the live version in your hands .... So deserving!

The studio version with and without lyrics is a treasure indeed , I'm sure! .... and both clock in , I believe , at just over 3 minutes ....

Jim has both , others do not.

Hope that helps OID ,,, Merry CHRISTmas and God Bless

Comment

^^ What about when I came down?
                              Joe D still have, do you have it yet Doc
                              The Wizard or Sign of the sorcerer from that same acetate you already got your hands on \m/

Comment

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                                One of the best moments on these boards was when we got the live version in your hands .... So deserving!

The studio version with and without lyrics is a treasure indeed , I'm sure! .... and both clock in , I believe , at just over 3 minutes ....

Jim has both , others do not.

Hope that helps OID ,,, Merry CHRISTmas and God Bless
                                I was very excited when I got it, both from you and Sweet. I was very happy that day to finally get to hear Dumfries and A Song For Jim and all the others on there.

I guess we’ll never hear the Studio version.

it helps thank you, a Very Merry Christmas to you and yours Doc.

Comment

Working...
                                X