Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Song for Jim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Song for Jim

So I was doing some listening the other day and stumbled, once again upon A Song for Jim. After really listening to it a few times, it rang a bell. The guitar riff is the same as the verse melody in The Hollies song Bus Stop. After remembering reading somewhere that the early Earth demos were given to the band by Jim Simpson to be covers of early 60's songs, I began to wonder if A Song for Jim is nothing more than a jazzed-up version of Bus Stop....

Were you listening to the clip of A Song for Jim from The Black Sabbath Story: Vol 1 or do you some how have a longer version of that song?

Comment

Yeah, I was under the impression that this song was unreleased, except for a small portion that exists on The Black Sabbath Story: Vol 1. If you do have a copy, can you please explain how you got it? As far as I know the only one to exist is in the hands of their old manager Jim Simpson.

Comment

Yes, and if you do have a longer version, please share it with us!

Comment

I'd love to hear this song in it's entirety, I love the Earth demos.
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
          ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Am I the only guy on this forum who wants to hear A Song For Jim?
            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Its just a cover

Comment

Originally posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
                Its just a cover
                So was Evil Woman and Warning, I still want to hear it. Have you heard it?

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                  So was Evil Woman and Warning, I still want to hear it. Have you heard it?
                  Just the snippet from the black sabbath story vol 1

Comment

Just the snippet from the black sabbath story vol 1
                    If it's a cover, where is the original?

Comment

Never mind I was wrong

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                        Am I the only guy on this forum who wants to hear A Song For Jim?
                        I think doc has this song

Comment

Never mind I was wrong
                          I didn't think A Song For Jim was a cover, the band wrote that song for Jim Simpson, their manager.

Comment

The rebel is a much more interesting song.
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSterlingSound

Super animation, turning on a nation
                            And they’re saying all moving parts stand still

Comment

I have it -I was pleased as punch to finally hear the whole thing (after only knowing the bit in Story Vol 1)...though the snippet they played in that is the best part of the song.

The Rebel, Thomas Jam(es?), Early One Morning Blues and When I Came Down.

Besides "The Rebel" ,When I Came Down impressed me the most.

Comment

Working...
                              X