First album Video Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First album Video Review

I posted a video review of the first Black Sabbath album - the new 2 CD release. I show off the packaging, and talk about it. Video runs about five minutes. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VgyEB39ocA&fmt=22
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Very nice job!
    Damian
    Super Moderator
    Black-Sabbath.com

Comment

I now have some text to go with it, too.

http://www.black-sabbath.com/news/20...on_review.html

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

I tried viewing with both Mozilla Firefox & Internet Explorer and I keep getting the stop, start, stop, start problem. Could the YouTube system have reeked havoc with the file size of the video or is it just my pc?
        "So if you want to know where I've been hiding all these years, follow the tears.. follow the tears.."

Comment

^^^ I had the same problem when I viewed the video. Nonetheless, a great, unique and very informative way to introduce the release. Thanks for your effort in making the vid., Joe!

Ted
          Black Sabbath cannot exist without these Individuals in the lineup: Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, Ozzy Osbourne or Ronnie James Dio or Ian Gillan.

Comment

Joe I've have over the last two years have heard many Youtubers review various different things, and I got to say, you did a very good job on this review. A 10/10, straight-forward review. People can write good reviews, but it takes a lot to present one's view orally and clearly. With that said, good job, loved the review, and hey, maybe you should do it more often on your free time of course. Once again, rock on.
            Last edited by 8bit Fighter; 08-18-2009, 07:52 PM.
            "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

Originally posted by sandman616 View Post
              I tried viewing with both Mozilla Firefox & Internet Explorer and I keep getting the stop, start, stop, start problem. Could the YouTube system have reeked havoc with the file size of the video or is it just my pc?
              Originally posted by Ted Sallis View Post
              ^^^ I had the same problem when I viewed the video. Nonetheless, a great, unique and very informative way to introduce the release. Thanks for your effort in making the vid., Joe!

Ted
              Try this link. I'm guessing you're having hitching because your computer and/or internet connection is having issues keeping up with the HD video stream.

This is lower quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VgyEB39ocA

Originally posted by 8bit Fighter View Post
              Joe I've have over the last two years have heard many Youtubers review various different things, and I got to say, you did a very good job on this review. A 10/10, straight-forward review. People can write good reviews, but it takes a lot to present ones view orally and clearly. With that said, good job, loved the review, and hey, maybe you should do it more often on your free time of course. Once again, rock on.
              Well, I had over 15 years of experience writing stuff for my company, I have an idea what makes a somewhat decent one. I plan on doing them for Paranoid & Master of Reality, too.

Comment

Thanks for the link to the non-HD video! That did the trick for me! No stop-start prob's!
                "So if you want to know where I've been hiding all these years, follow the tears.. follow the tears.."

Comment

Nice vid. Just a slight correction though, the poem IS in the booklet. It's on the first page.

---------- Post added at 03:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 AM ----------

The book with that black & white photo you speak of (in the studio with the box of Swan matches on the window), I always remember it to be in the one by Chris Welch (1982). Great photo it is too.

Comment

Watch out, Joe ! There's a Dalek behind you !!!!!!!
                    Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies donít use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of ďDehumanizerĒ.
                    "Black Sabbath : la BÍte venue de Birmingham"

Comment

Just wanted to add 2 things:

1. I'm insulted, I know what an 8track is. Just kidding, but I do know what it is.

2. Bit Rate Biggot, love that combination of words.
                      "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

Great review Joe!

Comment

nice review Joe, geez $36 bucks in the US , brought mine only for $22 Aussie

Comment

Minor updates to my review. The book I mention towards the end is not Mark Weiss, he was the photographer, I believe. And the poem from the original release *IS* here, but not the upside down cross. That was my error.

Comment

Had to watch it twice. I didn't really pay attention the first time around as I was too busy lusting after your Battlestar Galactica action figure

Great review.
                              http://www.last.fm/user/sirkenneth

http://xkcd.com/386/

Comment

Working...
                              X