5 least favourite Ozzy Sabbath songs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 least favourite Ozzy Sabbath songs?

What are your 5 least favourite songs featuring the original lineup?

Mine are:
    5) Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (Just a poor song in every respect. See Killing Yourself To Live for this kind of thing done much better.)
    4) Looking For Today (A pop song dressed up in heavy guitars. I'll pass.)
    3) Planet Caravan (A horrible shameless Paranoid ripoff. Far too simple. The first time I heard the album, I thought this was a joke. It probably was.)
    2) FX (Bong dong bleep bloop. Is there any musical value to this?)
    1) Iron Man (Quite possibly the worst riff Iommi has ever come up with. It isn't heavy AT ALL. I don't even know how this made the cut, let alone be compared to gems like "War Pigs".)

Dishonourable mention: Am I Going Insane (Just listen to the chorus if you accidentally swallowed poison. It'll get you vomiting in no time.)
    Last edited by Vol4onVol10; 02-02-2010, 11:42 PM.
    Where can I run to now? The joke is on me

1. FX
    2. Changes
    3. Fluff
    4. She's Gone
    5. Don't Start (Too Late)

Comment

In No Particular order -

1. Looking For Today
      2. Am I Going Insane (Radio)
      3. Spiral Architect
      4. FX
      5. Into The Void

Comment

If we're talking about songs that Ozzy actually sings on and not instrumentals and those awful Bill Ward songs...

In order, Worse to bad

1. Am I Going Insane (This is just bloody god awful piece of shit!)
        2. Over To You
        3. Shock Wave
        4. Air Dance
        5. Back Street Kids

Comment

In no particular order:

- Back Street Kids
          - Rock n Roll Doctor
          - Dirty Women
          - Am I going insane
          - Gypsy

Have a wild guess which is my least favourite LP :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Vol4onVol10 View Post
            It'll get you vomiting in no time.)
            No Black Sabbath song, even FX, has made me want to vomit. I save that for Celine Dion and Beyonce.

1.FX
            2.She's Gone

I can only come up with two I don't like. Some I just like more than others.

Comment

1 She's Gone
              2 Changes
              3 FX
              4 Am I Going Insane (Radio)
              5 Breakout

Supertzar should have been in the list, too, but there were 5 songs which are even worse that prevented it from entering the list.
              As you can see, I'm not really into the mellotron-ballads. FX doesn't work for me. I justh ear some random bleeps. The other 2 songs are not the type of songs I like to listen to.
              But then, I never skip one of the songs in this list when I listen to a Sabbath album.

Comment

Im guessing Im the only Sabbath fan who likes FX. Anyway, the least favorite Ozzy-era songs are:

Fluff
                Breakout
                Who Are You?
                Johnny Blade
                Rock'N'Roll Doctor

Johnny Blade would be awesome though without keyboards.

Comment

I also like it. It wasn't on my list.

Comment

Instead of picking five I'm just gonna say the whole Technical Ecstasy album. I just listen to it a few days ago to see if my opinion has changed on it over time and it hasn't. Really, what the hell were they trying to do with that album?

I can't really pick which five I dislike the most I just know they're all on TE.
                    Nobody will ever let you know
                    When you ask the reason why
                    They just tell you that you're on your own
                    Fill your head all full of lies

Comment

Originally posted by Vol4onVol10 View Post
                      What are your 5 least favourite songs featuring the original lineup?

Mine are:
                      5) Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (Just a poor song in every respect. See Killing Yourself To Live for this kind of thing done much better.)
                      4) Looking For Today (A pop song dressed up in heavy guitars. I'll pass.)
                      3) Planet Caravan (A horrible shameless Paranoid ripoff. Far too simple. The first time I heard the album, I thought this was a joke. It probably was.)
                      2) FX (Bong dong bleep bloop. Is there any musical value to this?)
                      1) Iron Man (Quite possibly the worst riff Iommi has ever come up with. It isn't heavy AT ALL. I don't even know how this made the cut, let alone be compared to gems like "War Pigs".)

Dishonourable mention: Am I Going Insane (Just listen to the chorus if you accidentally swallowed poison. It'll get you vomiting in no time.)
                      You're comment about Iron Man not only blew my mind, but melted it into a mass of soggy goo. Also I don't hear any similarity to Paranoid and Planet Caravan.

It's hard to mention five, as most of my least favorites come from Technical Ecstasy and side two of sabotage which could be interchangable, but two 2 that stick out are Changes and It's Alright. And it's not like I don't like ballads, Planet Caravan, Sleeping Village, and Solitude are all favorites of mine.
                      Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

Evil Woman
                        Planet Caravan
                        FX
                        Fluff
                        Am I Going Insane (Radio)
                        Rock N' Roll Doctor
                        She's Gone
                        Breakout

Yeah, I named 8 songs. So what? I dislike them all equally so why limit myself.

The only album not represented is Master of Reality, and every other album has 1 track, except for TE which has 2. I also consider TE my least favorite Sabbath album. Coincidence....I think not!

Comment

This thread fails. Hard.

FX is an awesome ambient track. Sets an ominous unsettling mood that a lot of other Sabbath tracks can't. Also the OP hates Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and Iron Man also so that's a triple fail.

The only one that even comes close to being the worst is Fluff.

Comment

Originally posted by The Butt View Post
                            This thread fails. Hard.

FX is an awesome ambient track. Sets an ominous unsettling mood that a lot of other Sabbath tracks can't. Also the OP hates Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and Iron Man also so that's a triple fail.

The only one that even comes close to being the worst is Fluff.
                            Johnny Blade, and all of side 2 of Never Say Die.

Comment

Johnny Blade's manly/awesome as fuck.

Comment

Working...
                              X