Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Black Sabbath - Paranoid Classic albums is incrediable!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Sabbath - Paranoid Classic albums is incrediable!

Just got the Paranoid Classic albums yesterday and have watched it three times already.
    It's just incrediable, it's great that it shows up close footage of tony iommi and the others loads of things i never knew about i recommened getting it!

Agreed, very good.

One slight gripe is that in the main feature they don't cover Rat Salad. It does get a mention in the extras so as I say only a slight gripe!
    My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Comment

Yea, i also really like it - I got it on Blu-ray beacuase it was the only version with danish subtitles?!
      You work your life away and what do they give?
      You're only killing yourself to live?

Comment

How long is it?
        "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
        R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
          How long is it?
          The main documentary is 54 minutes with 42 minutes of extras which are basically more interviews in the style of the documentary.
          My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Comment

Picked this up the day it was released (along with Rush Beyond the Lighted Stage). And I must say it was enjoyable to watch. While it did cover some ground we all heard before, there were some stuff that stood out for me:

- as mentioned before, seeing close ups of Tony's guitar bits
            - Geezer recounting all the things that led him to write the lyrics
            - the Henry Rollins segments (a very articulate speaker, and it shows he's a huge fan)
            - Tom Allom revealing who plays the piano on Planet Caravan at last!
            - hearing Ozzy's guide vocal for Planet Caravan. Without the Leslie speaker effect, it shows another side to his voice that's rarely shown
            - the first takes for Ozzy's vocals, if only for seeing how off the cuff the lyrics are
            - Bill's drum demonstrations on the special features. It's a shame they didn't have time to cover those in the main segment

Overall, I'm glad I bought it. Then again, so far I haven't been disappointed with the Classic Album series.

Comment

Unfortunately the DVD will never release here. Will have to wait and download it, have no other options. The DVD clips that I saw It seems so interesting. I wanna watch it too.
              http://www.facebook.com/cosmicchants
              https://soundcloud.com/cosmicchants
              http://www.myspace.com/cosmicchants

Comment

Just got it today myself (along with Scream) and I loved it.. i wish they could do it for all the Sabbs albums. I loved how they like split the screen into four to show them playing along with the songs.. Ozzy and Geezer were pretty funny too! As for Bill, watching the feature on him made me respect him as a world-class drummer more then i already did..

but as always, Tony was the stand out for me.. man he is good

I liked when Ozzy said something along the lines of 'this is the only band for me to play these songs with'.. imho ozzy-era songs are never as good unless the four of them are playing (even though Dio does a pretty good job and same with some of the people who have been with Ozzy over the years)

all up i thinks its a great tribute to a great album
                Won't you help me Mr. Jesus?

Comment

Finally got it and watched it last night. Very, very good. The thing that comes across very well is that it would not have been the same without a single member of the band. Ozzy's lead vocals are hilarious. The Planet Caravan section(s) are amazing, really illustrates that they were very diverse musically.

The only minor criticism is that Bill Ward is not as heavily featured in the main feature as he could be. Wihout his drumming the band would have sounded very different. However he gets quite a big section in the DVD 'extras' so that kinda makes up for it.

Comment

does anyone know of any you tube linx for this new-dvd?

Comment

Originally posted by BackStreetKid View Post
                      As for Bill, watching the feature on him made me respect him as a world-class drummer more then i already did..
                      If Bill gets a decent amount of screen time then that cinches the deal - i will definitely buy this!

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mikesline View Post
                        does anyone know of any you tube linx for this new-dvd?
                        Theres a clip of it on youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by AngryHeart View Post
                          If Bill gets a decent amount of screen time then that cinches the deal - i will definitely buy this!

Thanks!
                          He does!

Comment

Just got done watching it. Sort of disappointed that Bill does not get that much time in the main feature. Would have been nice to see him play a bit more stuff. But from what I have heard, there is some of that in the bonus features. Have not watched the bonus features yet though. As I have not been able to find those for download.

The best part of the documentary for me was seeing Iommi play Planet Caravan. First time I've ever seen him play an acoustic guitar. Very glad they talked about Planet Caravan. One of my top favorite Sabbath tracks that is pretty underrated.

Probably will buy this eventually when I have the money.
                            If the magic comes between us
                            And we never meet again
                            Take a part of me away
                            'Cause maybe it's all above love
                            ~As Long As It's Not About Love~

Comment

Originally posted by SabbathKing93 View Post
                              Just got done watching it. Sort of disappointed that Bill does not get that much time in the main feature. Would have been nice to see him play a bit more stuff. But from what I have heard, there is some of that in the bonus features. Have not watched the bonus features yet though. .
                              He has a pretty good feature in the bonus features... if I remember correctly, he plays parts from Fairies Wear Boots, Electric Funeral, and others probably. I would have liked to see him play parts of or even talk about Rat Salad because, after all, that was his showcase on Paranoid.

Comment

Working...
                              X