Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone see the Sabs back in 1969 or 1970-1972?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone see the Sabs back in 1969 or 1970-1972?

If anyone did could you please post a review or something thanks

I saw Black Sabbath in 1972 at the Providence Civic center ... they were great, very powerful. opening bands were Bedlam (with Cozy powell) and Blue Oyster Cult.

I was 12, so I don't know what else you want me to say about it ... I was just thrilled to see my favorite band. Oh, I will say that I prefered Ozzy's schtick back then ... I much prefer "We love you all!!!" and the Richard Nixon/Vol 4 pose to F-this and F-that and go F-ing crazy.

I believe their set started with Tomorrow's Dream.

Comment

a review on sabbath in the 70's - are you high?? cause anyone who went to the shows in those daze were most likely hIgH ! at least i was and everybody around me was too was
      maybe it was the LA crowd?? but to this day i never been to a concert that had that much smoke in the air-and it did'nt come from any stage-props.
      it was such a long time ago,thank fully i took pictures to help me remind myself that i was
      there to see the aston gang RoCk!

this is the only review i could offer you, and to tell you the truth if you got a review of sabbath from the 70's,it would have been horse shit,they hated sabbath and always kicked them to the curb. no matter what reaction the fans gave.

http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=33478

Comment

I am quickly coming to the conclusion that we were fans "back in the day", now it seems, concert attendees are critics instead. Ready to watch through their cellphones, posting to their blogs in the middle of shows, and then overanalyzing ad nauseun afterward. You know my biggest memories from concerts? Being there! I don't need proof, I don't feel the urge to criticize... I just enjoy the time. Making memories with my wife, or my kids or friends I have taken with me. My English teacher made me keep a diary back in the late 70's/early 80's- it never dawned on me to do this with concerts. Ever.
        The blind men shout "Let the creatures out, we'll show the unbelievers."
        The napalm screams of human flames, of a prime time Belsen feast ... yeah!
        As the reasons for the carnage cut their meat and lick the gravy.
        We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies.

Comment

Originally posted by IommiRules View Post
          I am quickly coming to the conclusion that we were fans "back in the day", now it seems, concert attendees are critics instead. Ready to watch through their cellphones, posting to their blogs in the middle of shows, and then overanalyzing ad nauseun afterward. You know my biggest memories from concerts? Being there! I don't need proof, I don't feel the urge to criticize... I just enjoy the time. Making memories with my wife, or my kids or friends I have taken with me. My English teacher made me keep a diary back in the late 70's/early 80's- it never dawned on me to do this with concerts. Ever.
          I feel that way as well, people give like or his singing was a 6 out of 10 or his playing was so and so, just go to enjoy the music.

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Originally posted by racer View Post
          I saw Black Sabbath in 1972 at the Providence Civic center ... they were great, very powerful. opening bands were Bedlam (with Cozy powell) and Blue Oyster Cult.

I was 12, so I don't know what else you want me to say about it ... I was just thrilled to see my favorite band. Oh, I will say that I prefered Ozzy's schtick back then ... I much prefer "We love you all!!!" and the Richard Nixon/Vol 4 pose to F-this and F-that and go F-ing crazy.

I believe their set started with Tomorrow's Dream.
          Wow, i would have done anything to see them on the Vol 4 tour, they was in their prime there, i think the Vol 4 tour, Sabbath bloody sabbath and sabotage tour was there best with Ozzy IMO. Your so lucky.... And yes looking at some setlists and everything from those times, they would have opened with Tomorrows Dream.....

Comment

Originally posted by IommiRules View Post
            I am quickly coming to the conclusion that we were fans "back in the day", now it seems, concert attendees are critics instead. Ready to watch through their cellphones, posting to their blogs in the middle of shows, and then overanalyzing ad nauseun afterward. You know my biggest memories from concerts? Being there! I don't need proof, I don't feel the urge to criticize... I just enjoy the time.
            A freakin' men! I have every ticket stub and keep them all together in a binder. Occasionally I'll flip through and memories will come flooding back. I've never pulled out any kind of recording device at a show. It never even comes to mind. I never understood the fad of those who are so hell bent on doing so.
            ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

Working...
            X