Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know anything about Sabbath and Zepplien jamming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know anything about Sabbath and Zepplien jamming?

I read in the How Black Was Our Sabbath book that during the recording of Sabotage that they got together and had a jam? Anyone know anything??

I don't know about that, but Tony Iommi said that "John Bonham got up and played with us a couple of times."

Bill Ward said that Bonham liked to come to rehearsals and play his drum kit. He said Bonham was jealous of Ward's double-kick drum kit and that he wanted one of his own but "the bastards (Zeppelin) won't let me!"
    He is not here. He has risen!

Comment

Originally posted by DiosSword View Post
      I don't know about that, but Tony Iommi said that "John Bonham got up and played with us a couple of times."

Bill Ward said that Bonham liked to come to rehearsals and play his drum kit. He said Bonham was jealous of Ward's double-kick drum kit and that he wanted one of his own but "the bastards (Zeppelin) won't let me!"
      OK Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by SabbraCadabra789 View Post
        OK Thanks!
        John Bonham was also Tony Iommi's best man at his first(?) wedding.

Comment

bill told me this:
          john bonham,robert plant,jonesy played with sabbath and that bonham's
          favorite songs to jam with them was supernaut-war pigs,i asked if it was ever recorded
          he was sure it was'nt and that john bonham played with them on a few occasions.
          he also mentioned to me that geezer and robert also had got together and
          recorded a few things together ,but nothing ever came out of it.
          those are two-bootlegs i kill to hear!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mikesline View Post
            bill told me this:
            john bonham,robert plant,jonesy played with sabbath and that bonham's
            favorite songs to jam with them was supernaut-war pigs,i asked if it was ever recorded
            he was sure it was'nt and that john bonham played with them on a few occasions.
            he also mentioned to me that geezer and robert also had got together and
            recorded a few things together ,but nothing ever came out of it.
            those are two-bootlegs i kill to hear!!!!!!
            I'd like to hear those as well.

Noticeably Jimmy Page wasn't involved, but from what I read he didn't think much of Sabbath musically.

Comment

Plant and Bonham are from the same hometown as the Sabs too, Birmingham.
              "Music is so sacred to me that I cant hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
              R. Blackmore

Comment

bill also said that he had thought that jonh was going to break the skins cause he hits so hard. i could tell he really liked john a lot and it was evident on his face when he spoke
                of him,saddness.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                  Plant and Bonham are from the same hometown as the Sabs too, Birmingham.
                  Plant and Bonham weren't from Birmingham, they were born nearby though. Plant is from West Bromwich and Bonham was from Redditch.
                  >>TECHNICINS F SPCE
                  SHIP ERTH THIS IS
                  YR CPTIN SPEKING
                  YR PTIN IS DEA˝D<<

Comment

Originally posted by Ady View Post
                    Plant and Bonham weren't from Birmingham, they were born nearby though. Plant is from West Bromwich and Bonham was from Redditch.
                    Yes, but Plant, Bonham, Iommi and Bill knew each other since they were teenagers, they were all members of the "Birmingham scene" and close friends.

Regarding those "Black Zeppelin" sessions, I remember Tony Iommi speaking of a tape he might have somewhere at his place with a recording of Sabbath jamming with Plant and Bonham in the early 70s, but he didn't know where it was. Now, the question is : does this tape exist or did Tony only think they recorded it (it was a long time ago) ? and, if it does exist, can I hear it, please ???
                    Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies dont use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of Dehumanizer.
                    "Black Sabbath : la Bte venue de Birmingham"

Comment

Originally posted by Gardener View Post
                      Yes, but Plant, Bonham, Iommi and Bill knew each other since they were teenagers, they were all members of the "Birmingham scene" and close friends.
                      I know that.
                      >>TECHNICINS F SPCE
                      SHIP ERTH THIS IS
                      YR CPTIN SPEKING
                      YR PTIN IS DEA˝D<<

Comment

Originally posted by Ady View Post
                        I know that.
                        I know you do, but others might have understood that the fact that Plant and Bonham weren't from Birmingham meant they weren't that close to Iommi and Ward. This way everything is clear
                        Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies dont use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of Dehumanizer.
                        "Black Sabbath : la Bte venue de Birmingham"

Comment

Originally posted by Gardener View Post
                          I know you do, but others might have understood that the fact that Plant and Bonham weren't from Birmingham meant they weren't that close to Iommi and Ward. This way everything is clear
                          Okay.

For those who don't know, West Bromwich is just 5 miles from Birmingham and Redditch 15 miles.
                          >>TECHNICINS F SPCE
                          SHIP ERTH THIS IS
                          YR CPTIN SPEKING
                          YR PTIN IS DEA˝D<<

Comment

I just have ended reading the latest biography of LZ written by Mick Wall.

He confirm all the info that is in this thread by interviewing Bill Ward, and a interesting remark was how Bill knows about the death of Bonham, via his drug dealer at the time and he said: "i'll next John i'll follow you..."

Fortunately for us he didn't follow...

Comment

Noticeably Jimmy Page wasn't involved, but from what I read he didn't think much of Sabbath musically.[/QUOTE]

yeah i've read-comments like that too but-not too sure how valid those comments really are especially after seeing pic's like this.
                              (tony iommi with jimmy page) jimmy went with sabbath on thier "european tour"

Comment

Working...
                              X