Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know anything about Sabbath and Zepplien jamming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikesline View Post
    Noticeably Jimmy Page wasn't involved, but from what I read he didn't think much of Sabbath musically.

The only comment I've heard about Sabbath from Jimmy is from an interview taken backstage after one of the Chicago 75 gigs. The interviewer asks Jimmy's opinion on several bands, one of them Sabbath, and Jimmy remarks that he's not familiar with their music.

Back in the 70s, Jimmy seemed pretty isolated from a lot of the music scene. I remember reading some Page interview in the early/mid 80s where he said that he was recently turned on to Rush and Van Halen, both of whom he hadn't heard of before!
    Last edited by HDvorak; 09-28-2010, 06:24 PM.

Comment

I remember reading a recent interview with Robert Plant in which the interviewer asked him if he ever saw Black Sabbath. Plant said that he and one or two other guys from Zep (Bonham, probably) saw a Sabbath show during the '70s and their impression was that their music was rather dull or boring. I tried Googling this article but found nothing. Would like to read it again...

Comment

Originally posted by Destino View Post
        I remember reading a recent interview with Robert Plant in which the interviewer asked him if he ever saw Black Sabbath. Plant said that he and one or two other guys from Zep (Bonham, probably) saw a Sabbath show during the '70s and their impression was that their music was rather dull or boring. I tried Googling this article but found nothing. Would like to read it again...
        Yeah I remember that article, it was in either Mojo or Uncut. He's got a f*ckin cheek though, MOBY DICK that's all I'm going to say. Oh and HOBBSTWEEDLE as well.

Comment

I also remember reading a Circuis Mag. article when Dio Sabbath played in England durring the H&H tour, Plant and Page showed up back stage before the show, the article cited Plant doing most of the talking, and Page "simply sitting there, quiet just smiling the whole time".
          "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
          R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by mikesline View Post
            bill told me this:
            john bonham,robert plant,jonesy played with sabbath and that bonham's
            favorite songs to jam with them was supernaut-war pigs,i asked if it was ever recorded
            he was sure it was'nt and that john bonham played with them on a few occasions.
            he also mentioned to me that geezer and robert also had got together and
            recorded a few things together ,but nothing ever came out of it.
            those are two-bootlegs i kill to hear!!!!!!
            I read somewhere (can't remember where) that Geezer and Percy were planning on recording an album together sometime back in the 70s. I didn't realize that they actually recorded material together. Odd, since I've read hundreds of interviews with both Geezer and Plant and I've never heard either of them mentioning it.

I wonder if the recordings were bare boned demos or if they were fully developed songs. If so, who played drums and guitar?

Comment

Well, it's not the article I remember reading a while ago, but Plant pretty much echoes his opinion in this one: http://www.rockradio.co.uk/rock-news...bath/cbf62myd/

He sounds pretty bitter, huh. "But speaking on Canadian radio Plant suggests that Sabbath are no more relevant than the man who sang the tearjerking hit Honey." I think just about every self-respecting heavy metal fan out there would have to disagree with you on that one, Planty.

Comment

Working...
              X