No announcement yet.

Fav song off of Technical ecstasy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd also say All Moving Parts, and Dirty Women isn't bad. Rock N Roll Doctor, however, is one of the worst songs of the Ozzy era IMO.
    "The lover of life's not a sinner
    The ending is just a beginner
    The closer you get to the meaning
    The sooner you know that you're dreaming..."

RIP Ronnie James Dio

Comment

This is very hard as I love and enjoy the entire album, one of my favorite Sabbath albums and all time favorite in general.

At this moment Id have to go with Gypsy.
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

My favorites from Technical Ecstasy is: You wont change me and Rock and Roll Doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by Kennyz View Post
          My favorites from Technical Ecstasy is: You wont change me and Rock and Roll Doctor.
          You Won't Change Me is an excellent song, it's hard for me to pick favorites because I love the entire album.
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Back Street Kids - Super Crisp Proto-Thrash with a bright bridge and keyboards that aren't irritating but complementary. Ozzy's a little hoarse and screechy but not as bad as RnRDr, which I hate.
            You Won't Change Me - Powerful stuff. Great Solos, haunting melodies, emotional lyrics. Great Man Angst.

Honorable Mention: It's Alright. I've really come to appreciate this track and Bill's smooth voice, and the way he hangs alllriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighhhhhhhhhhhhhttttttttt for four hours. The lyrics are a little mystifying, but the Piano and Tony's solo and then the acoustic bits....great song.

Dishonor: RnRDr. Screechy, trite, cliche, horrible

Also Ran: Dirty Women...Great riffage bad subject matter "I really really really like whores" just doesn't hit the ear right anymore. (Although I *do* like whores....hmm)

Comment

It is difficult to pick one song because i really like the whole album but, the first song which came in mind when i read about the favorite Technical Ecstasy album, was Dirty Women so my pick for my favorite track from Technical Ecstasy album, is Dirty Women. I have nothing to say, the song speaks itself....

Comment

Originally posted by William_the_Bloody View Post

Honorable Mention: It's Alright. I've really come to appreciate this track and Bill's smooth voice, and the way he hangs alllriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighhhhhhhhhhhhhttttttttt for four hours. The lyrics are a little mystifying, but the Piano and Tony's solo and then the acoustic bits....great song.
                Bill's best vocal performance since 'Planet Caravan', am I right? Relax, everyone, I'm joking....

'Dirty Women' is definitely my favourite from the album. Although unlike some here, I can't really get overly excited about this album. 'Dirty Women' is a pretty cool track though, no doubt.

Comment

Dirty Women epic solo
                  "Music is so sacred to me that I cant hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                  R. Blackmore

Comment

It's not "the best" song on TE but I will say All Moving Parts (Stand Still).

Comment

I don't listen to it much myself, but glad All Moving Parts (Stand Still) has it's fans.

My favorite from the album as of this time is Dirty Women (this live version in particular is pretty excellent if you ask me, just stumbled on it today! https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_p7e8a0XwbW1xqo4hxo1.mp3)

Other ones I have a preference for are Rock n Roll Doctor, She's Gone, Back Street Kids, You Won't Change Me, All Moving Parts (Stand Still)
                      ♫Forget all your sorrow, don't live in the past,
                      and look to the future, 'cause life goes too fast, you know♫

Comment

Gypsy is my fav.

Comment

1) Dirty Women
                          2) You Won't Change Me

Comment

Originally posted by The Sabman Cometh View Post
                            1) Dirty Women
                            2) You Won't Change Me
                            I hereby salute you.

Ted

Comment

Originally posted by scorpio 2000 View Post
                              Gypsy is my fav.
                              It's my favorite as well Scorpio, just the way Ozzy sings it, like the Gypsy woman is coming for his soul.

Comment

You Won't Change Me is one of my favorite Sabbath songs

Comment

Working...
                                X