Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What album do you think has Bill Wards best drumming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What album do you think has Bill Wards best drumming?

Thats tough, mine is either Black Sabbath, Paranoid, Master of Reality or Never Say Die!

First Album "Black Sabbath" there are little blues inspiration.

But i think Hand of Doom is that song he do the best drumming in, if we think about his kit.
    You work your life away and what do they give?
    You're only killing yourself to live?

Comment

IMO the album Paranoid has Ward's best drumming

Comment

That is a tough question, but I will have to go with the first album. Although he is absolutely killer on War Pigs! Never really realized how physical he got on that song until I seen him on DVD. He really kicks butt on that song.
        Life Member of the NRA

Comment

Everytime he sat down to do a new album. Unlike my observation of Vinnie Appice, this IS a compliment. I love Bill's work.
          The blind men shout "Let the creatures out, we'll show the unbelievers."
          The napalm screams of human flames, of a prime time Belsen feast ... yeah!
          As the reasons for the carnage cut their meat and lick the gravy.
          We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies.

Comment

The debut had I think Bill's most explosive and diverse percussion.

Comment

I'd vote for a single track - Cornucopia.
              Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
              View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

Vol. 4
                Its an easy choice.
                Just listen to the drums in Under the Sun, Cornucopia, & Wheels of Confusion.

Comment

Paranoid was perhaps his best, but when you look at it Vol. 4 was phenomenal too. With Paranoid you have War Pigs (his best, in my opinion), Iron Man, Hand of Doom and Fairies Wear Boots, but with Vol. 4 you have Under the Sun, Cornucopia and Snowblind, which are all incredibly powerful in terms of the percussion.

Bill Ward is just a phenomenal drummer - I can't think of any drummer I like more than him. His style of play, his beats, his demeanor, all together make him one of the best drummers alive.

We love you Bill!

Comment

Either Sabotage or Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
                    http://wickedinquisition.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Sabotage,

Amazing work!

Comment

Paranoid, predominantly, to my ears. Sabotage is runners-up.
                        "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

All of them
                          I CAN'T ACCEPT IT ANYMORE!!! RJD R.I.P.

Comment

Bill Ward is my favourite drummer of all time, no one come's close to him for me, he does what Bob Dylan does with lyrics, put's in thing's when they don't need to be put in and make's it sound just amazing, good example's of him doing that is in Under The Sun, listen to the Drums at 2:30 and on, it's just too good. Another example Symtpom of the Universe just out this world. Best album I would think is Black Sabbath (check out The Wizard, for the first album that's just out this world!) Paranoid, Heaven and Hell, Sabotage. Every one is really good ...

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
                              I'd vote for a single track - Cornucopia.
                              When I saw the thread title I thought of "Cornucopia" and "Never say Die" as his best work!
                              "I can honestly say itís truly been an honor to play at his side for all these years, his music will live on forever." ~ Tony Iommi (Speaking of Ronnie James Dio)

Comment

Working...
                              X