Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What album do you think has Bill Wards best drumming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paranoid. Bill's work on Hand of Doom,War Pigs, Iron Man, and Fairies Wear Boots is awesome.

Comment

Interesting thread, because I've never really thought critically about this before. I just love his drumming on all of the albums. I really couldn't say which ones I thought were his best, although it's something I'll check out during future listenings. Amazing drummer.

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
        Interesting thread, because I've never really thought critically about this before. I just love his drumming on all of the albums. I really couldn't say which ones I thought were his best, although it's something I'll check out during future listenings. Amazing drummer.
        Amazing to say the least, Symptom Of The Universe is another song that captured my ear with Bill's drumming.

Vinny Appice's drumming on Mob Rules is very reminiscent of Bill's.
        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
        ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Love the first album, it has the feel of a band playing because they want. Because they have to. Bill’s fondness towards jazz is clearly audible.

Think of this. Sabbath’s debut was recorded in a few days, and it costed 600 pounds, if I have this right.

Axl Rose’s Chinese Democracy took 10 years and 15 million dollars to finish.

Which one is a better album? Which one has a bigger impact in music overall?

Money certainly isn’t everything. You can’t buy inspiration or talent.
          People seemed to be content
          Fifty dollars paid the rent
          Freaks were in the circus tent
          Those were the days

Comment

Either the first album or Paranoid.

Comment

Working...
            X