I voted Selling my Soul
    Psycho Man
    55.32%
    Selling My Soul
    44.68%

Psycho Man
    "I've seen the future and I've left it behind"

Comment

I don't much care for either, but I like the guitar parts for Psycho Man so that got my vote. That chorus is just unbearable though...

Comment

Originally posted by Monster Boy View Post
        ... That chorus is just unbearable though...
        Ditto..When i hear the chorus ... My mind starts fitting in the Village PPL..."Macho men" chorus in slow tempo...

Also Ozzy singing that low in the verse ...doesnt cut it for me...

Maybe Scary Dreams should also be up there...

Mackie
        Corinthians 5:7 Ö. "we walk by faith, not by sight"
        http://www.reverbnation.com/theautumnghosts

Comment

Originally posted by TheEtherCult View Post
          Ditto..When i hear the chorus ... My mind starts fitting in the Village PPL..."Macho men" chorus in slow tempo...

Also Ozzy singing that low in the verse ...doesnt cut it for me...

Maybe Scary Dreams should also be up there...

Mackie
          shit! should've done that, scary dreams is well better than the other two!

Comment

I think both songs are pretty good musically when stacked up against the rest of the Sabbath catalogue and suffer from shitty lyrical concepts. Had Geezer done the lyrics, methinks PM and SMS would be semi-classics! However, I find it ludicrous that a drum machine was used instead of Bill Ward, that's just ridiculous!! So I voted Psycho Man.
            We donít see things as they are; we see them as we are.

Comment

I love both songs. I am always astounded by the hate of these two songs on this site. The riff in Psycho Man is absolutely amazing and the outro is to die for. I love that tune and I always love when Ozzy sings low. I think the Selling My Soul is very reminiscent of Iron Man in the Verses and I just love the chorus of that song. I thin Ozzy's lyrics in this one are great.

I went with Psycho Man just because I think it is a tad stronger and all Bill is on the track.
              Religion won't save me
              The damage is done
              The future has ended
              Before it's begun
              - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

Comment

Psycho, a more complex composition, I think it's a very good song and indication of whay might have or could be. Ozzy even makes what is a pretty pedestrian song, Selling My Soul, sound good, the guy has a nack for melody doesn't he?
                "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                R. Blackmore

Comment

Selling My Soul easily...Psycho Man sounds more like an Ozzy solo song than a Sabbath song actually...

Comment

Originally posted by Axe fiend View Post
                    I think both songs are pretty good musically when stacked up against the rest of the Sabbath catalogue and suffer from shitty lyrical concepts. Had Geezer done the lyrics, methinks PM and SMS would be semi-classics! However, I find it ludicrous that a drum machine was used instead of Bill Ward, that's just ridiculous!! So I voted Psycho Man.
                    Every word, 100%. Well written.
                    The blind men shout "Let the creatures out, we'll show the unbelievers."
                    The napalm screams of human flames, of a prime time Belsen feast ... yeah!
                    As the reasons for the carnage cut their meat and lick the gravy.
                    We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies.

Comment

Psycho Man! I love the eerieness of the guitar, bass, and vocals of the verses in that song. And the bridge riff is good too.
                      Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

I picked Psycho Man. SMS sounds too generic for my tastes.
                        "The lover of life's not a sinner
                        The ending is just a beginner
                        The closer you get to the meaning
                        The sooner you know that you're dreaming..."

RIP Ronnie James Dio

Comment

Originally posted by BSParanoid View Post
                          I picked Psycho Man. SMS sounds too generic for my tastes.
                          Psycho man for me. The song has all 4 original members.

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
                            Selling My Soul easily...Psycho Man sounds more like an Ozzy solo song than a Sabbath song actually...
                            my thoughts as well

Comment

I always enjoyed both tracks. I went with Psycho Man for the build up, bridge and solo. Ozzy's vocal melody on Selling My Soul is a favorite of mine too though.
                              ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

Working...
                              X