Announcement

Collapse

Google Ads Question

Hey gang. I just posted something asking about Google Ads on my website. I'd like people's input (and help possibly) on this. Please go over here and have a read:

https://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/for...ads#post645883

--- Joe
See more
See less

Psycho Man VS Selling My Soul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think, Scary Dreams is way better than these two songs.

"Who's Fooling Who" should also be mentioned here. I know it's not Sabbath really, but I like it more than PM or SMS.

Comment

Voted Selling My Soul, absolutely love this song, the riff is pure Sabbath.
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Psycho Man

Comment

Psycho Man has a special moment...that moment right down the Middle where it's just Tony on one channel giving the riff and then it comes in double tracked in the other channel on the next pass...I don't know why but it's like..."Is that Tony??? YES! THERE'S FUCKING IOMMI RIGHT THERE!" Goosebumps, every time, remembering the moment I heard the first O/I/B/W track since NSD for the first time. The opening to the track is kind of "Well, sounds like a standard 90's metal "Black Album" style bed with solo Ozzy mumbling over it...silly chorus...stupid lyrics..." but then that moment where Iommi reminds you he's TONY FUCKING IOMMI and here's your RIFF DAMNIT! The lyrics get better, Ozzy gets some steam...suddenly you have a Black Sabbath song! Not the greatest, but not the worst by far.

Love it.

Comment

Selling my soul get's my vote.

Comment

Of the two, definitely Selling my Soul. Dat riff. Also enjoy Ozzy's melody in the song. The chorus is nice as well.
              ♫Forget all your sorrow, don't live in the past,
              and look to the future, 'cause life goes too fast, you know♫

Comment

Originally posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
                Psycho Man has a special moment...that moment right down the Middle where it's just Tony on one channel giving the riff and then it comes in double tracked in the other channel on the next pass...I don't know why but it's like..."Is that Tony??? YES! THERE'S FUCKING IOMMI RIGHT THERE!" Goosebumps, every time, remembering the moment I heard the first O/I/B/W track since NSD for the first time. The opening to the track is kind of "Well, sounds like a standard 90's metal "Black Album" style bed with solo Ozzy mumbling over it...silly chorus...stupid lyrics..." but then that moment where Iommi reminds you he's TONY FUCKING IOMMI and here's your RIFF DAMNIT! The lyrics get better, Ozzy gets some steam...suddenly you have a Black Sabbath song! Not the greatest, but not the worst by far.

Love it.
                Perfect description William, right on the money, well done.

Comment

There should be a "none of the above" option. Both throwaway tracks imo. 13 was a major leap forward.

Comment

I voted 'Psycho Man' as I've always liked that more than the fairly bland 'Selling My Soul'. I think it's generally a good thing that they didn't go ahead and produce an entire album of that quality of music, however.

Comment

Selling My Soul. It's simple but effective.

Psycho Man sounds like it's trying to be epic, but doesn't quite pull it off.

Comment

I got mixed feeling on them both. One track is strong but not very Sabbathy, the other is very Sabbathy but noticeably weaker. They're both good but I see Selling My Soul more like "EP good". Psycho man just feels more complete to me.

Comment

Selling my soul. Too bad Bill is not playing drums on it.

Comment

Originally posted by sellingmysoul View Post
                            I like both. But in my opinion Psycho Man was very much like the solo material Ozzy was releasing at that time. Almost sounded like something from an aborted OZZY session. Not to say it wasn’t good enough to be released by OZZY on a solo project. I actually love the song.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sellingmysoul View Post
                              That's the only bad part of the song, Bill's not on it.

Originally posted by maestro View Post
                              I like both. But in my opinion Psycho Man was very much like the solo material Ozzy was releasing at that time. Almost sounded like something from an aborted OZZY session. Not to say it wasn’t good enough to be released by OZZY on a solo project. I actually love the song.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                              I agree on Psycho Man, Maestro, Selling My Soul is so damn Sabbath and the riff is so heavy.
                              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                              ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Working...
                              X