Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geezer Butler Statement on the Future of Black Sabbath

A few minutes ago, Geezer Butler posted this to his own website:
    I would like to make it clear, because of mounting speculation and rumours, that there will be definitely NO reunion of all four original members of Black Sabbath, whether to record an album or to tour.

Geezer Butler
    Pretty definitive statement on the future, eh?

Can't have an original reunion without one of them (of course one could make the point it was tried once before when Bill Ward wasn't invited to be part of a reunion in 1997, but hey).
    Last edited by Joe Siegler; 02-12-2011, 02:33 PM. Reason: Fixing a typo.
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Well, that just strikes me as strange, that he would post that, it sounds more like he woke up on the wrong side of the bed, or maybe was drunk and posted it before he fell into bed? Obviously from this "statement" and I use that lightly, and Ozzy's comments about Geezer having a better attitide about it, there's definitly a problem between these 2. Until I hear an "official" statement from Iommi, I'm not buying it anymore than others don't buy Ozzy's comments. He made no mention of him and Tony doing anthing this year? But thx for the update Joe, appreciate it.
    "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

Comment

Thanks for the update Joe. I know I would be in the minority here but if Tony and Ozzy want to do an album together then Geezer can sit this one out. There have been plenty of Sabbath albums without Geezer on it. It does make me sad though!! I just with the original 4 can get together and knock out a new record.
      Religion won't save me
      The damage is done
      The future has ended
      Before it's begun
      - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
        Well, that just strikes me as strange, that he would post that, it sounds more like he woke up on the wrong side of the bed, or maybe was drunk and posted it before he fell into bed?
        No, it's definitely not that. Gloria Butler called me on the phone and wanted to talk to me about it before she sent me the statement to post. It's definitely not what you suggest here.

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

Maybe he didn't like that crack Ozzy made about him 'moaning'!
          Visit my band's webpage at www.sangfreud.com! The influence of Sabbath lives on.

Comment

Well, that's surprising. But not very disappointing. The Ozzy line-up would have been the second best thing. And the best is now impossible, after May 16, 2010.
            Don't care which God you follow, whose promises you swallow.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
              A few minutes ago, Geezer Butler posted this to his own website:
              I would like to make it clear, because of mounting speculation and rumours, that there will be definitely NO reunion of all for original members of Black Sabbath, whether to record an album or to tour.

Geezer Butler
              Pretty definitive statement on the future, eh?

Can't have an original reunion without one of them (of course one could make the point it was tried once before when Bill Ward wasn't invited to be part of a reunion in 1997, but hey).
              Quite surprising and disappointing to say the least , I knew that another album by the original 4 could be quite unlikely , but ruling out any chances of any reunion tours in the future is such a BIG and definitive statement to say out in public ! I believe Ozzy's camp must really got the best of Geezer , he sounds really and I mean REALLY pissed off to post such statement out loud and clear !

Anyway , I hope we will hear something more clear regarding his own future and whether there is will be another GZR album in the making as stated recently or are we going to have the long awaited project with Tony Iommi.

Comment

Well this is a bit disappointing, but here's hoping he does do another project. Just hopefully not GZR, unless he gets a real singer.
                Originally Posted by Monster Boy

Depends on who is doing the rating. If they agree with me, they've rated it just right.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
                  No, it's definitely not that. Gloria Butler called me on the phone and wanted to talk to me about it before she sent me the statement to post. It's definitely not what you suggest here.
                  Thx Joe, another thorough job by you, not surprised, you're a real pro.
                  "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                  R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStone View Post
                    Well, that's surprising. But not very disappointing. The Ozzy line-up would have been the second best thing. And the best is now impossible, after May 16, 2010.
                    You pretty much said my thoughts. Indeed, the best is now impossible. So lucky it finally did become true for the mighty & very productive 3 years that it got to last. 3 new songs, 2 DVDs, 1 full studio album, 3 tours. Oh, what might have been...

A surprising comment from Geezer all of a sudden, but sounds very direct and final. Which leaves us to some more speculations about the future of these people.

Tony has written new music with Gillan, Lord & McBrain. He is writing new music still and wishes to work with Geezer again, maybe bring in Vinnie too when the time is right. Whatever - that's interesting here - comes next, it comes from Tony. We just have to wait. Who knows what the (2012) lineup will be? Maybe this:

Tony Iommi
                    Geezer Butler
                    Vinnie Appice
                    Rob Halford
                    "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

february 13th 2011. The day Black Sabbath died. No Dio, no more ozzy stuff....I mean, where next? Really disappointed about this
                      Try your hardest, you'll still be a loser
                      The world will still be turning when you're gone

Comment

Kuddos to you Geezer!

We can speculate all we want, so here' my two cents. Maybe he was just tired of being "used" by the O$bourne's. Wasn't that the catylast for the Heaven & Hell reunion anyway?

Here's to hoping Geezer reunites with Tony, Vinnie and whomever they get to sing.

I even have an idea of a name for the band:

BLACK SABBATH!!!
                        Last edited by m5150; 02-12-2011, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Joe,

When Geezer says "there will be definitely NO reunion of all four original members of Black Sabbath, whether to record an album or to tour", is he completely ruling out another reunion, or does he simply mean they have no plans to reunite in 2012?
                          Can you sleep at night, when you close your eyes
                          Do you think of all the pain from your lies
                          Or do you deny, you're responsible
                          For the victims of the sins you devised

Comment

Originally posted by Soul Sucker View Post
                            When Geezer says "there will be definitely NO reunion of all four original members of Black Sabbath, whether to record an album or to tour", is he completely ruling out another reunion, or does he simply mean they have no plans to reunite in 2012?
                            I thought he was quite clear. Stop trying to look for loopholes. The door is apparently closed.

Comment

Bahahaha! How many times has Geezer been "done" with Black Sabbath or Tony or Ozzy over the years? Sad to say, but I'm to the point where I take everything each of them says with tongue in cheek and a grain of salt.
                              ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

Working...
                              X