11/11/11?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11/11/11?

Both this site and the official Sabbath site posted this. Anyone know what this means?

you introduced me to my mind...

I was wondering this myself. Hopefully an official announcement of a reunion, album, and tour on 11/11/11 if we're lucky.
    I make the devil laugh and angels wail. Forever I will reside beyond the pale.

Comment

I saw that on my Facebook page, definately hoping it's something the above user said!!

Comment

so stoked! fingers crossed for both reunion and album!

Comment

Well here's what noisecreep.com just posted....(personally I think it might be just an announcement regarding a remastered Black Box set.....lol)

http://www.noisecreep.com/2011/11/04...-announcement/

Noisecreep just got an invite to a special Black Sabbath announcement ceremony next Friday, Nov. 11th.

According to the email, all four original members of the heavy metal godfathers Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Bill Ward will all be in attendance. Former Black Flag frontman Henry Rollins will be hosting the private event which will be held at the Whisky A Go Go in Hollywood, Calif. at 11:11AM.

Rumors about Black Sabbath reuniting for a world tour have been swirling for the past few months. Osbourne and Iommi both have new books they've been promoting and have been coy when asked if their former band would be getting back together.

The original lineup of Black Sabbath has not toured together since 2005. They partnered together for their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in early 2006. They tried to record an album in 1999, but they scrapped the plans after penning just a few songs

Now someone go ask Joe if we can get an early jump on officially getting excited now, lol.......

Comment

The return of Sabbath!!!!

Comment

Noisecreep reporting all 4 originals will be at the Whiskey A Go Go, 11/11/11

Posted this under the 11-11-11 thread but figured it was big enough news to start a new thread.
              Its looking like good news!

Noisecreep just got an invite to a special Black Sabbath announcement ceremony next Friday, Nov. 11th.

According to the email, all four original members of the heavy metal godfathers Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Bill Ward will all be in attendance. Former Black Flag frontman Henry Rollins will be hosting the private event which will be held at the Whisky A Go Go in Hollywood, Calif. at 11:11AM.

Comment

The final tour: they will play their first 3 albums through and through.
                "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

Hehe I just put the picture on my own facebook wall ^^. I think it's the reunion announcement, somehow it sounds like something they would do, wait for a date that will be remembered etc etc. If these pictures and all really are about the reunion, I think it's a very clever way to stir up some interest. Anyway, 11:11 at 11 November will be interesting :D
                  "I am the crazy man who lives inside your head, but I think I'm breaking through the wall... You are the innocent convicted of the crime, no one was ever there to catch you when you fall" (1992)
                  -Ronnie James Dio, Rest in Peace

"In the summer days we flew to the sun, on melting wings, but the seasons changed to fast, leave us all behind... Blind..." (1969)
                  - Jon Lord, Rest in Peace

My first album!!!:
                  http://open.spotify.com/album/60jv1AdlWvi1KlcR8JhG4b

Comment

LOL @ everyone who believed Geezer.
                    ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

probably the official announcement of the release date for the 2LP deluxe vinyl reissue of the "Born Again" album, don't you think?
                      "I am the crazy man who lives inside your head, but I think I'm breaking through the wall... You are the innocent convicted of the crime, no one was ever there to catch you when you fall" (1992)

"In the summer days we flew to the sun, on melting wings, but the seasons changed to fast, leave us all behind... Blind..." (1969)

My first album!!!:

Comment

11-11-11 refers to the percentages Tony,Bill and Geezer will get under Sharon's new contract.
                        http://www.last.fm/user/Purplegrant

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Grant View Post
                          11-11-11 refers to the percentages Tony,Bill and Geezer will get under Sharon's new contract.
                          ahahahhahahahhaha that's a good one :D But I think in reality it would be more like 10 (tony), 5 (Geezer) and 0 (bill replaced on stage by a drum machine).

My first album!!!:

Comment

For my money a tour or a package tour with Judas Priest and Motorhead just doesn't warrant this type of hype. Sabbath toured with Judas Priest a few years ago and I think they did with Iron Maiden as well. They have already done the reunion tour/Ozzfest thing to excess. The only event that does warrant hype at this point is a new album from the original members. Anything less would be a major disappointment.

Comment

Bill has grown his beard and they will light it on fire again!!!
                              "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

Working...
                              X