Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Why this reunion is a BAD thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sporkman GB View Post
    I would agree that the album has potential for ruining their legacy, (if it's bad) except for one thing: the original band's last album was Never Say Die, which was a great album, but only Sabbath fans really like it;
    Good point, but I'm talking about Black Sabbath as a whole, not just the Ozzy era.
    "i'm 12 and i love dark sabboth"

Comment

My take on all of this as someone who only probably about 6 months ago was HEAVILY opposed to a Mk. 1 reunion and why I changed my mind about it... There is an album involved. That's a BIGGIE for me. (As long as nothing goes wrong to prevent that album from happening *knock on wood*). And even if there wasn't an album. Yes it would suck, but it's not going to stop the fact that THIS REUNION IS HAPPENING and no matter how badly one may wish for it to not happen. Another realization that I came to is I'm young and never have had the opportunity to see Sabbath live. I wasn't around in the 70's, and I was born in the mid 80's so obviously I wasn't able to see any Sabbath line ups during that time either. I want to see Sabbath live. Any line up of it. And well this is obviously one of the better ones. The best in the opinions of a lot of people. Plus, I think you've being too hard on Ozzy's voice as many have been reporting that he's not doing too bad in the vocal department these days at all.
      I make the devil laugh and angels wail. Forever I will reside beyond the pale.

Comment

Ozzy vocally sounded amazing up until 1996. I am not quite sure what happened (even though I believe he had a grand mal seizure around that time) but he has sounded fine in the studio. I think between 90 - 96 especially were very strong vocal years for Ozzy. Listen to Ozzmosis, he sounds amazing and that was before Auto Tune.

Of course they are using Auto Tune on his voice now. You can't find a mainstream album created in the last 10 years that doesn't have a little it on it. I am sure even TDYK has some Auto Tune on the vocals. People act like Ozzy uses it like Kanye West. He will sound just fine on what is going to be an amazing record. Tony has been saying for a while now that he has come up with some amazing music over the last year and half. I can't wait.
        Religion won't save me
        The damage is done
        The future has ended
        Before it's begun
        - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

Comment

Originally posted by Drago View Post
          Ozzy vocally sounded amazing up until 1996. I am not quite sure what happened (even though I believe he had a grand mal seizure around that time) but he has sounded fine in the studio. I think between 90 - 96 especially were very strong vocal years for Ozzy. Listen to Ozzmosis, he sounds amazing and that was before Auto Tune.
          I had never heard about the seizure, but that would explain some things. I agree that his voice was great then. I saw him on tour in Dec 95 and was blown away both by his voice and his silly but effective stage antics (only time I have seen any Sabbath related concert). All reports I have heard that his voice is better lately seems to be contradicted by Youtube evidence of his last tour. Still sounds like he slurs all his words and has the range of about a major sixth, if that.

*Edit*: I went on Youtube and searched a bit more. He definitely sounds better than he did in the waning years of Ozzfest. Absolutely sounds like an old man, but one that can sing pretty well in tune most of the time and can even hold a note here and there. Search around a bit, you'll see.
          Last edited by Monster Boy; 11-16-2011, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Ozzy sounded very good in Toronto one year ago. If you want perfection then attend an Adelle show with your wife.
            Last edited by OZZYIRONMAN; 11-16-2011, 09:31 PM.

Comment

The man's voice is what it is. In the dozens of times I've seen him, some have been mind blowing incredible, others have been down right terrible. No one will be quicker to point that out than Ozzy himself. You can tell by the look on his face on stage that he genuinely still loves what he does. More than anything, I appreciate his being humble about it. I've heard him apologize on stage. I've also watched him from the front row, slam his mic down and walk off stage in frustration. What happened? 18,000 people stood jaw dropped, then began chanting his name until he came back out. He apologized again, then played passed curfew with a 5 song encore. He does with what he has been given. It's been that way for a long time and he still has a massive, massive audience.

You either go, let loose and have some fun with him or you don't. If it's that much of an issue, stay home and save your dough. Plenty of other people would love to go in your place. As far as "ruining a legacy," the only people that should be concerned about it are the 4 men themselves. It's their reputation on the line, not our t-shirt's.
              ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

I think it's gonna be shit, but I'll still buy it, listen to it several times, go to a gig if possible, and enjoy the fact that the band which got me into music is still going on after all these years.
                The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

In one of the videos Joe linked to on the home page, at the very end they finally got around to asking what Geezer thought of it all and his response was something like, I can't wait till it's all over with. And that's exactly how I feel.
                  How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
                  --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
                    It's their reputation on the line, not our t-shirt's.
                    The hipster in all of his glory! Well done sir.

Comment

I don't necessarily think the reunion is a bad idea it's just after wasting the original reunion (97 - 05) without a new LP I just can't get that excited this time around - I have a been there done that attitude towards it - new material will be nice & I will check it out but don't have any expectations good or bad - as far as seeing the band live - I don't know - I have seen the Ozzy Era line-up on the Never Say Die tour & the reunion tours & honestly the best time was the tour supporting the Reunion Lp (98) by the last time I saw them (04) they just seemed tired. I understand those who have never seen the band before being excited but I just can't get that worked up about it
                      At least my hair is all mine, My teeth are my own, but everything else is on a permanent loan I'm on a low budget - Ray Davies

Comment

Originally posted by Franklin View Post
                        In one of the videos Joe linked to on the home page, at the very end they finally got around to asking what Geezer thought of it all and his response was something like, I can't wait till it's all over with. And that's exactly how I feel.
                        Geezer was talking about the press conference genius.

Comment

Originally posted by WarningRules View Post
                          So, anyone up for an all instrumental version of the album?
                          Me.

All the best,
                          PAULIE
                          http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UoulA6r90n...ill%2Bward.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by OZZYIRONMAN View Post
                            Geezer was talking about the press conference genius.
                            Would it truly kill you to be a respectful person? Your snide, snarky, juvenile comment and slam against my friend Franklin was uncalled for and added nothing to the thread other than to show how thin-skinned you are about ANYTHING remotely concerning Ozzy.

I for one agree with Franklin's take on this. Go back and look at the whole press conference. Tony is the only person who looks even close to be happy. No energy or enthusiasm at all between the 4.
                            The blind men shout "Let the creatures out, we'll show the unbelievers."
                            The napalm screams of human flames, of a prime time Belsen feast ... yeah!
                            As the reasons for the carnage cut their meat and lick the gravy.
                            We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies.

Comment

Originally posted by Franklin
                              He was talking about the press conference. He hates that stuff. He was not talking about the reunion itself.
                              Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
                              View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

Originally posted by IommiRules View Post
                                Would it truly kill you to be a respectful person? Your snide, snarky, juvenile comment and slam against my friend Franklin was uncalled for and added nothing to the thread other than to show how thin-skinned you are about ANYTHING remotely concerning Ozzy.

I for one agree with Franklin's take on this. Go back and look at the whole press conference. Tony is the only person who looks even close to be happy. No energy or enthusiasm at all between the 4.
                                lol I don't know what you expected. If they didn't want to do the reunion they wouldn't have been there at all.

Ya but I guess back flips and high fives would have been neat.

Comment

Working...
                                X