X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lord Necros
    replied
    Originally posted by Franklin View Post
    Because Ozzy has been a lousy singer for at least the last 27 years and this is nothing but a major money grab. There are other reasons, but these are the two biggest ones.
    I hate to use this against you Ben but... "Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." ----Benjamin Franklin... Aren't you doing exactly that? Only before the fact?
    Last edited by Lord Necros; 11-22-2011, 12:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sporkman GB
    replied
    Originally posted by WarningRules View Post
    Good point, but I'm talking about Black Sabbath as a whole, not just the Ozzy era.
    They've had lots of garbage albums, at least in the eyes of the general public. I don't really think they have anything to lose, but potentially a whole lot to gain.

Leave a comment:

• WarningRules
    replied
    Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
    Please remind me, what did i say to him? Can't remember saying anything bad...
    Yeah, sorry, meant Monster Boy.

Leave a comment:

• Monster Boy
    replied
    ^^He meant Monster Boy. I made the first sarcastic comment here that kicked the whole thing off, somebody used an f bomb, I prodded some more, big mess, sorry about that. I need to remember that sarcasm doesn't carry well on the internet. Let's see if we can get back to our regularly scheduled nonsense shall we?

Crap, I forgot to mention, I was being sarcastic when I wrote "nonsense". And ultra sarcastic by noting my use of sarcasm...damn, you can see how this stuff just snowballs! Again, sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Billy Underdog
    replied
    But Billy Underdog was just being completely unreasonable with what he said to Franklin.
    Please remind me, what did i say to him? Can't remember saying anything bad...

Leave a comment:

• kevinmahoney95
    replied
    Originally posted by Damian View Post
    the original four play the "big 8" set list
    Big 8...

Black Sabbath
    N.I.B.
    Paranoid
    War Pigs
    Iron Man
    Children Of The Grave

...um...?

And the other two are...? What, Sweet Leaf and Fairies Wear Boots? Just curious xD

Leave a comment:

• Damian
    replied
    Originally posted by kevinmahoney95 View Post
    Not quite sure where this conversation is going to go now...
    Its going to go away unless we can all play a bit nicer. Please ease up on the sarcasm toward each other, it leads to flaming, which leads to Joe getting pissed off. For what its worth, I think there is validity in many of the opinions posted above, but they probably all tie in together to a degree. Money is a factor for this reunion, not the only one, but a giant payday (maybe the last of this size) for these guys is hard to ignore completely. That said, the desire to bring the original Sabbath together and end it as it began must be a factor as well, Ozzy has openly pined for such a thing for many years, and whether the others feel exactly the same or not, you have to think there is a desire to capture some of the fun they had so many years ago. And by fun, that could mean anything, the playing out, just being on tour, seeing and hearing the large, appreciative crowds, getting paid a ton of dough and being treated like kings again. Bill hasn't had that for a long, long time.

As for the album, saying it will be great or shit, really what is the big deal? I'm trying to force myself to be pessimistic because I want to be blown away by what I hear. But I think we can all agree that we at least HOPE it will be amazing, and really add to their tour. Who knows, they might go back into the studio AGAIN after it all ends.

And my personal opinion of the tour is that even without a new album, I was ready to see them again. In 2005, after 8 years of serving up very similar sets, it became a little long in the tooth, but 6 years away is a long ass time, and I would STILL be pumped to see the original four play the "big 8" set list one more time for old times sake.

Play nice!
    D.
    Last edited by Damian; 11-21-2011, 11:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• -E5150 StarWanderer-
    replied
    To clear up the confusion as to what Ozzy's voice actually does sound like... Here's what we are referring to. He does sound a LOT better than he did at the Athens show in 2005... *ahem* Children of the Grave... *shudders*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6-A_8UeadM
    He does sound rather good on that clip, but Paranoid isn't exactly a good indicator of one's singing ablilities

For a better comparison, here's Bark At The Moon from Ozzys' gig at Sauna Open Air last summer, the high notes sound strained. I guess we won't be seeing Spiral Architect in the setlist on the upcoming tour(s)

Leave a comment:

• kevinmahoney95
    replied
    Not quite sure where this conversation is going to go now...

Leave a comment:

• WarningRules
    replied
    Agreed -- being a member (or not being a member) of a Black Sabbath fan forum does not in any way label you as an EDUCATED FAN (or an UNEDUCATED fan) at all...
    What an incredible fucked up thing to say... SIR!
    Ever heard of sarcasm? Good Lord. I was standing up for someone whom I've posted on these boards with for a long time, but I wasn't actually being serious. But Billy Underdog was just being completely unreasonable with what he said to Franklin.

Leave a comment:

• kevinmahoney95
    replied
    Agreed -- being a member (or not being a member) of a Black Sabbath fan forum does not in any way label you as an EDUCATED FAN (or an UNEDUCATED fan) at all...

Leave a comment:

• Billy Underdog
    replied
    Next time, though, refer to people who have been here longer than you as sir.
    Last edited by Billy Underdog; 11-21-2011, 10:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    To clear up the confusion as to what Ozzy's voice actually does sound like... Here's what we are referring to. He does sound a LOT better than he did at the Athens show in 2005... *ahem* Children of the Grave... *shudders*
    Well that clip was from 2010 so in no way does that show how he WILL sound next year...he might sound even worse than he did on the last reunion tour...or better...or the same...the point is we can't know that...we can only speculate.

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

But they've been putting it off for so long. If they wanted to just make cash off it, they would have gone on tour back when they weren't ready to do so, "just to do it".
    No they haven't. Actually they announced this tour on the first possible moment. H&H is done for reasons we all know, and Ozzy's Scream tour is over...then they announce the reunion. They haven't been putting anything off for so long...this was the first possible moment and they took it. Simple as that.

Leave a comment:

• kevinmahoney95
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WarningRules
    replied
    I state my opinion as if it were fact. I think it's generally accepted that things like this posted on a board are opinions... Obviously me saying that the reunion is a bad thing doesn't mean that no one will buy the album, go see a sab show, or think that the album is bad. Heck, if at all possible, I'll go see a sabbath show if they come close, and I'll more than likely buy the album. But yeah, opinion, of course.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X