Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why this reunion is a BAD thing

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    I think this is going to be great. I just listened to ozzmosis. what a great album and ozzy sounds fantastic on it. I hope he can deliver vocals like that. The song Thunder underground sounds a bit like sabbath to me and it has geezer playing bass to.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by architect View Post
      I think this is going to be great. I just listened to ozzmosis. what a great album and ozzy sounds fantastic on it. I hope he can deliver vocals like that. The song Thunder underground sounds a bit like sabbath to me and it has geezer playing bass to.
      Ozzy does sound amazing on Ozzmosis. In fact, Geezer wrote the lyrics to Thunder Underground as well. Very close to being a Sabbath song indeed.
      Religion won't save me
      The damage is done
      The future has ended
      Before it's begun
      - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

      Comment


      • #48
        Ozzy's voice is fine, he sounded very good on his last album, I'm not worried in the least he won't be able to pull it off in the studio. Every singer live has his ups and downs live, even in their prime. He'll do fine. And the Reunion tour show cased songs from every album except NSD, so I'm quite pleased in their overall performances as recently as 2005.
        "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
        R. Blackmore

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
          Every singer live has his ups and downs live, even in their prime.
          This is very true. In fact, listen to the old Sabbath bootlegs with Ozzy. Ozzy always sounded great on the albums, but there are a lot, and I mean a lot, of performances by Ozzy from his Sabbath days in which he does not sound very good live, "Live at Last" comes to mind. I think that Ozzy really hit his peak as a live performer in the early 1980s, but before that time, and since, has been hit or miss. So the point I am trying to make is that Ozzy will be just fine live on this tour, because, and I think a lot of people either don't realize or don't remember, Ozzy was never all that great live when he was in his 20s singing for Sabbath. The really important thing in all this is the new album, on which, Ozzy will sound more than good. I bet that Rick Rubin will have Ozzy singing in lower octaves like he did on the first two Sabbath albums, especially the first one.

          Comment


          • #50
            I love Oz, but to quite honest, I don't think he's ever been a great singer; he's like Lou Reed, lucky to have a gig with what he's got. Sure it's faded over the years, but I don't think that really will kill this reunion album. They'll do wonders with Oz's voice, I think his voice has been great on album for the past twenty years (not saying I like the albums) but his voice hasn't shown any flaws to me on record/cd. Live is another thing. Despite Oz's voice, he gives 110 percent, his energy level and presence is really three quarters of the show; so as long as he's there and crazier than ever I'm chuffed. This is going to be great, no matter what, the chemistry these four have will shine through, look what Tony & Geezer were able to do w/ Dio & Vinny with TDYK album....I think we're in safe hands with Oz & Bill AND Rick Rubin.....
            TheBeaverintheManHat
            Listen to the Moose & Mazz Show on 107.9 WMCB every Monday 12-2 PM, Tues 9-11 PM & Wed 9-11 AM online @ www.wmcb.net

            Comment


            • #51
              Because Ozzy has been a lousy singer for at least the last 27 years and this is nothing but a major money grab. There are other reasons, but these are the two biggest ones.
              How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
              --Benjamin Franklin

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by THEBEAVERINTHEMANHAT View Post
                I love Oz, but to quite honest, I don't think he's ever been a great singer; he's like Lou Reed, lucky to have a gig with what he's got. Sure it's faded over the years, but I don't think that really will kill this reunion album. They'll do wonders with Oz's voice, I think his voice has been great on album for the past twenty years (not saying I like the albums) but his voice hasn't shown any flaws to me on record/cd. Live is another thing. Despite Oz's voice, he gives 110 percent, his energy level and presence is really three quarters of the show; so as long as he's there and crazier than ever I'm chuffed. This is going to be great, no matter what, the chemistry these four have will shine through, look what Tony & Geezer were able to do w/ Dio & Vinny with TDYK album....I think we're in safe hands with Oz & Bill AND Rick Rubin.....
                TheBeaverintheManHat
                Maybe not great" in the purist sense, but he's truly original and unique sounding, and had as much to do with Sabbath's sound as the music did. I can't fatham what Sabbath would have been without his voice. And his high octave vocals from the SBS and Sabotage days are great. He's got the perfect heavy metal voice because it's listenable, compared to so many others, and he has an emotional quality to what he sings that I don't hear in other metal singers. He sings the songs like they are coming straight from the heart.
                "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                R. Blackmore

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Franklin View Post
                  ...this is nothing but a major money grab.
                  Hmm. I would think there are other factors involved, but I guess you've got the guys figured out. I'll make sure not to buy the album, thanks for the info.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Monster Boy View Post
                    Hmm. I would think there are other factors involved, but I guess you've got the guys figured out. I'll make sure not to buy the album, thanks for the info.
                    Don't let me talk you into or out of buying the album. You're apparently implying much more from my comment than I intended. Do whatever the fuck you want. Leave me out of it.
                    How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
                    --Benjamin Franklin

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Franklin View Post
                      You're apparently implying much more from my comment than I intended.
                      No, I took your statement exactly for what it was. You discovered their single motivation for recording this album and shared your wondrous insight with us. I am eternally grateful and forever in your debt. Also in awe of your amazing ability to read people's minds.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Monster Boy View Post
                        No, I took your statement exactly for what it was. You discovered their single motivation for recording this album and shared your wondrous insight with us. I am eternally grateful and forever in your debt. Also in awe of your amazing ability to read people's minds.
                        Classic Monster! I love it!
                        ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by E7474 View Post
                          ...John Denver style album...
                          I get where you're coming from, and I hadn't thought about it before, but "Sunshine on My Shoulder" with a "Planet Caravan" vibe might be pretty cool
                          gadji beri bimba glandridi laula lonni cadori - Ball

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Franklin View Post
                            Because Ozzy has been a lousy singer for at least the last 27 years and this is nothing but a major money grab. There are other reasons, but these are the two biggest ones.
                            This is anything BUT a money grab. They're old and tired out, and already have plenty of money. They are clearly doing this FOR the fans and nothing more. Sabbath have never been a band that cares only about the money.
                            "They say that life's a carousel, spinning fast, you gotta ride it well. The world is full of kings and queens, who'll blind your eyes and steal your dreams, it's Heaven and Hell."
                            Follow me on Twitter? :3
                            http://twitter.com/#!/kevinmahoney95

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by kevinmahoney95 View Post
                              This is anything BUT a money grab. They're old and tired out, and already have plenty of money. They are clearly doing this FOR the fans and nothing more. Sabbath have never been a band that cares only about the money.
                              That is bit naive...Surely we want to think that as fans, but it is a business they're running so ofcourse it's all about the money. They're expected to make more than 100 million US$ out of this one final tour so it is pretty difficult to think that they don't have the $$ signs on their eyes... Do they need the extra money? Probably not, but that never stops anyone from wanting some more now does it....?

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Charger View Post
                                That is bit naive...Surely we want to think that as fans, but it is a business they're running so ofcourse it's all about the money. They're expected to make more than 100 million US$ out of this one final tour so it is pretty difficult to think that they don't have the $$ signs on their eyes... Do they need the extra money? Probably not, but that never stops anyone from wanting some more now does it....?
                                It's a known fact that having lots of money only make you want more, but still i have to support kevinmahoney on this one...
                                95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                                Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X