No announcement yet.

Why this reunion is a BAD thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not quite sure where this conversation is going to go now...
    "They say that life's a carousel, spinning fast, you gotta ride it well. The world is full of kings and queens, who'll blind your eyes and steal your dreams, it's Heaven and Hell."
    Follow me on Twitter? :3
    http://twitter.com/#!/kevinmahoney95

Comment

Originally posted by kevinmahoney95 View Post
      To clear up the confusion as to what Ozzy's voice actually does sound like... Here's what we are referring to. He does sound a LOT better than he did at the Athens show in 2005... *ahem* Children of the Grave... *shudders*
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6-A_8UeadM
      He does sound rather good on that clip, but Paranoid isn't exactly a good indicator of one's singing ablilities

For a better comparison, here's Bark At The Moon from Ozzys' gig at Sauna Open Air last summer, the high notes sound strained. I guess we won't be seeing Spiral Architect in the setlist on the upcoming tour(s)

"The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
      "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
      "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

Originally posted by kevinmahoney95 View Post
        Not quite sure where this conversation is going to go now...
        Its going to go away unless we can all play a bit nicer. Please ease up on the sarcasm toward each other, it leads to flaming, which leads to Joe getting pissed off. For what its worth, I think there is validity in many of the opinions posted above, but they probably all tie in together to a degree. Money is a factor for this reunion, not the only one, but a giant payday (maybe the last of this size) for these guys is hard to ignore completely. That said, the desire to bring the original Sabbath together and end it as it began must be a factor as well, Ozzy has openly pined for such a thing for many years, and whether the others feel exactly the same or not, you have to think there is a desire to capture some of the fun they had so many years ago. And by fun, that could mean anything, the playing out, just being on tour, seeing and hearing the large, appreciative crowds, getting paid a ton of dough and being treated like kings again. Bill hasn't had that for a long, long time.

As for the album, saying it will be great or shit, really what is the big deal? I'm trying to force myself to be pessimistic because I want to be blown away by what I hear. But I think we can all agree that we at least HOPE it will be amazing, and really add to their tour. Who knows, they might go back into the studio AGAIN after it all ends.

And my personal opinion of the tour is that even without a new album, I was ready to see them again. In 2005, after 8 years of serving up very similar sets, it became a little long in the tooth, but 6 years away is a long ass time, and I would STILL be pumped to see the original four play the "big 8" set list one more time for old times sake.

Play nice!
        D.
        Last edited by Damian; 11-21-2011, 12:39 PM.
        Damian
        Super Moderator
        Black-Sabbath.com

Comment

Originally posted by Damian View Post
          the original four play the "big 8" set list
          Big 8...

Black Sabbath
          N.I.B.
          Paranoid
          War Pigs
          Iron Man
          Children Of The Grave

...um...?

And the other two are...? What, Sweet Leaf and Fairies Wear Boots? Just curious xD
          "They say that life's a carousel, spinning fast, you gotta ride it well. The world is full of kings and queens, who'll blind your eyes and steal your dreams, it's Heaven and Hell."
          Follow me on Twitter? :3
          http://twitter.com/#!/kevinmahoney95

Comment

Originally posted by WarningRules View Post
            But Billy Underdog was just being completely unreasonable with what he said to Franklin.
            Please remind me, what did i say to him? Can't remember saying anything bad...
            95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
            Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

^^He meant Monster Boy. I made the first sarcastic comment here that kicked the whole thing off, somebody used an f bomb, I prodded some more, big mess, sorry about that. I need to remember that sarcasm doesn't carry well on the internet. Let's see if we can get back to our regularly scheduled nonsense shall we?

Crap, I forgot to mention, I was being sarcastic when I wrote "nonsense". And ultra sarcastic by noting my use of sarcasm...damn, you can see how this stuff just snowballs! Again, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                Please remind me, what did i say to him? Can't remember saying anything bad...
                Yeah, sorry, meant Monster Boy.
                "i'm 12 and i love dark sabboth"

Comment

Good point, but I'm talking about Black Sabbath as a whole, not just the Ozzy era.
                  They've had lots of garbage albums, at least in the eyes of the general public. I don't really think they have anything to lose, but potentially a whole lot to gain.
                  My Rock, Alternative, and Metal review page:

http://deadrockanthem.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Franklin View Post
                    Because Ozzy has been a lousy singer for at least the last 27 years and this is nothing but a major money grab. There are other reasons, but these are the two biggest ones.
                    I hate to use this against you Ben but... "Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." ----Benjamin Franklin... Aren't you doing exactly that? Only before the fact?
                    Last edited by Lord Necros; 11-22-2011, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Yeah well you all know what? Ozzy,Tony,Geezer,Bill and the rest of the world dont give a flying F%$^ about why you think its a bad idea. After seeing Heaven and Hell I too thought it would be a bad Idea. But you know what? im a fan, I love the ozzy material. Its the 4 original guys,and we might not ever get a chance to see them again. so be happy or stop being a pansy cause your opinion wont shut down the Sabbath train.
                      R.I.P. Ronald Padavona,Ronnie James Dio,DIO,Legend.

Comment

Originally posted by NoWayOut View Post
                        Yeah well you all know what? Ozzy,Tony,Geezer,Bill and the rest of the world dont give a flying F%$^ about why you think its a bad idea. After seeing Heaven and Hell I too thought it would be a bad Idea. But you know what? im a fan, I love the ozzy material. Its the 4 original guys,and we might not ever get a chance to see them again. so be happy or stop being a pansy cause your opinion wont shut down the Sabbath train.
                        Or you could stop being a pansy and accept that people are going to say things you might not like. Sure, you and the original 4 don't give a flying fuck about my opinion. So? I also don't give a flying fuck about your attempt at trying to convey a coherent argument (which didn't work, btw).

Comment

Or you could stop being a pansy and accept that people are going to say things you might not like. Sure, you and the original 4 don't give a flying fuck about my opinion. So? I also don't give a flying fuck about your attempt at trying to convey a coherent argument (which didn't work, btw).
                          And I don't give a fuck about who I give a fuck about why you gave a fuck about what that guy gave a fuck about.

Sincerely,
                          Internet Hulk
                          ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

yeah well if you dont like it than dont go see the show and dont buy the album haha its really that simple. theres still 8 great albums that you can rehash.
                            R.I.P. Ronald Padavona,Ronnie James Dio,DIO,Legend.

Comment

Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
                              And I don't give a fuck about who I give a fuck about why you gave a fuck about what that guy gave a fuck about.

Sincerely,
                              Internet Hulk
                              Although the majority of things you've said have been pretty annoying to me, I think you've brought up a good point with this. Internet tough guy.

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Originally posted by NoWayOut View Post
                              yeah well if you dont like it than dont go see the show and dont buy the album haha its really that simple. theres still 8 great albums that you can rehash.
                              That's a much better agument (although I'd like to argue that there's a few more than 8 great albums )

Comment

Originally posted by Ye Black Knight View Post
                                Hark, dear WarningRules, and those whom have trepidation on ye assemblage of Gods Butler, Iommi, Osbourne, and Ward - ye minstrels known'eth as Black Sabbath!

Thou hath made an argument of passion and reason and this knight is in accord with thee: 'tis not mine wish to see Black Sabbath falter! In a matter of full truth, ye inkling of Sabbath's failure be'ith an agonizing nightmare this knight doth n'er wish to contemplate, much less see to fruition.

Howe'er, let this knight propose another possibility of this reunion:
                                What if Lords Sabbath be'eth invigorated once again by ye dark muse? What if Sir Richard Rubin lead'eth them to musical heights anew, just as he did with Lord Johnny Cash's "American" collection. (Although this knight's heart beats for Metal most true, to mine ears Lord Cash's canon be'ith sheer musical excellence!)
                                What if we art graced with ye greatest odes that Sabbath hath e'er created?
                                What if we art graced with ye greatest odes e'er created?

We shalt never know what new heights Sabbath can attain if this reunion take'th not place. These Gods hath earned this quest for Metallic excellence, for 'tis an ambition which they hath succeeded many times before!

This post now concludeth!
                                Could we have the New International Version of this? I still can't fully comprehend the 1611 King James English.

anyrate, about the reunion. Im not sure. I'm certianly not gonna be "Rolling Stone-minded" (meaning just because the Stones [mainly Jagger] sound absolutly horrable nowadays doasnt mean ALL classic rock bands sound horrable when they reunite [those guys (Stones) need to call it a career and just STOP!])
                                I am very interested how the new album is gonna be.

Comment

Working...
                                X