No announcement yet.

2012 European Festival Dates announced!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn my luck sucks. The one Germany date is on my sister in law's wedding so I'll be in the states then. Yearrgggh! I'll be able to catch them in France after that, don't really want to drive 5 hours though. Maybe she'll break up with the guy before then.

Comment

I hope they will come to Hong Kong.
      Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
      Premonition of a shattered world that’s gonna die.
      In the age of reason, how do we survive?
      The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

Waiting for the brazilian dates to be announced!

Comment

do you think they will announce the us dates within a month or so

Comment

DATE CITY VENUE

5/18 Moscow, Russia Olimpiski
            5/20 St. Petersburg, Russia New Arena
            5/23 Helsinki, Finland Hartwall Arena
            5/25 Stockholm, Sweden Stadium
            5/29 Bergen, Norway Bergen Calling Festival
            5/31 Oslo, Norway Spektrum
            6/2 Malmo, Sweden Malmo Stadium
            6/4 Dortmund, Germany Westfalenhalle
            6/10 Donnington, UK Download Festival
            6/12 Rotterdam, Holland Ahoy
            6/15 Bilbao, Spain Azkena Rock Festival
            6/17 Nantes, France Hellfest
            6/19 Paris, France Bercy
            6/22 Dessel, Belgium Graspop Metal Meeting
            6/24 Milan, Italy Gods of Metal

At last, two dates in France !!!!!!

Comment

Oh man, 6 months to go, 6 months of gut-wrenching anticipation until the show...aaarrghh

The tickets go on for sale next Thursday at 9.00 a.m. I'll be there.

Originally posted by Charger View Post
              I would have liked to know what the set list is before deciding if it's worth to go or not...if it's the same old same old set I wouldn't like to waste my money for that...
              I can understand your standing, you want an updated setlist for this final tour...I guess we all do. I know the Dio-era was the greatest thing for you, like it was for me - nothing will ever top it in my metal world. I know that with Ozzy it was that same old setlist for ages and when it was Dio performing either with his solo band or with Heaven & Hell, we always got something new in the mix, it was magical to experience many of the songs that I had wished for. Maybe you'll find your answer of whether or not you'll buy the ticket soon enough, possibly by looking at the Ozzy solo band setlist from the Scream tour and seeing the reports of his performance abilities today. Sure, there will be many oldies but they're goldies nonetheless and Ozzy could give a good performance today, especially at the early stages of the tour. Plus there could be some exciting selections put into the mix, Iommi and Butler have the new "musically inspired" gear still on from the days with Dio.

I suggest you stop hunting for the setlist before the show, I think it's better to experience the setlist ON LOCATION and get surprised. I think it's way better than go to the show and think "they're gonna play this and that next, wow". It's like reading a book or watching a movie, you don't want to know the plot and the decisive moments before you're there. Resist the urge to see the setlist beforehand, you'll be so much more excited when they unleash the songs on location.

Balancing between getting the tickets in time for a possible great show or holding the ticket purchase until the setlist is revealed is a high-risk situation, don't you think? When the setlist is revealed, it's too late then.
              The fact that you're interested in all this makes me feel that you will eventually buy the ticket. Please, don't miss this, be at the ticket sales desk next Thursday. I too hope we'll get a great setlist from the 4 Brummies, on this, their final tour.

See you at the Hartwall arena. The original Black Sabbath for the last time. Halloween riffs, wall-to-wall guitars.
              "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
                Oh man, 6 months to go, 6 months of gut-wrenching anticipation until the show...aaarrghh

The tickets go on for sale next Thursday at 9.00 a.m. I'll be there.

I can understand your standing, you want an updated setlist for this final tour...I guess we all do. I know the Dio-era was the greatest thing for you, like it was for me - nothing will ever top it in my metal world. I know that with Ozzy it was that same old setlist for ages and when it was Dio performing either with his solo band or with Heaven & Hell, we always got something new in the mix, it was magical to experience many of the songs that I had wished for. Maybe you'll find your answer of whether or not you'll buy the ticket soon enough, possibly by looking at the Ozzy solo band setlist from the Scream tour and seeing the reports of his performance abilities today. Sure, there will be many oldies but they're goldies nonetheless and Ozzy could give a good performance today, especially at the early stages of the tour. Plus there could be some exciting selections put into the mix, Iommi and Butler have the new "musically inspired" gear still on from the days with Dio.

I suggest you stop hunting for the setlist before the show, I think it's better to experience the setlist ON LOCATION and get surprised. I think it's way better than go to the show and think "they're gonna play this and that next, wow". It's like reading a book or watching a movie, you don't want to know the plot and the decisive moments before you're there. Resist the urge to see the setlist beforehand, you'll be so much more excited when they unleash the songs on location.

Balancing between getting the tickets in time for a possible great show or holding the ticket purchase until the setlist is revealed is a high-risk situation, don't you think? When the setlist is revealed, it's too late then.
                The fact that you're interested in all this makes me feel that you will eventually buy the ticket. Please, don't miss this, be at the ticket sales desk next Thursday. I too hope we'll get a great setlist from the 4 Brummies, on this, their final tour.

See you at the Hartwall arena. The original Black Sabbath for the last time. Halloween riffs, wall-to-wall guitars.
                Any Idea where I can get tickets from a website in English Language ? thanks in advance

Comment

As usual Sabbathman you bring out some good arguments there!

So I have till thursday to make up my mind then...Well it won't sell out though so it's not really that urgent...Most likely I'll get the ticket anyways...I can always sell it later if I'll change my mind, but if it for some odd reason would sell out then it would suck if I would like to go...

Comment

I renamed this thread's title, as it was misleading.

What was announced today was NOT the World Tour. It was the European Festival tour. That's not the same thing as the forthcoming (meaning after the album is out) World Tour.

Edit: I also screwed up in merging another thread into this one, and made that one the first post. My bad. I can't change it now without deleting the whole thread. Sorry.
                    Last edited by Joe Siegler; 11-18-2011, 09:02 PM.
                    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
                    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
                      Well it won't sell out though so it's not really that urgent
                      I was also wondering whether I need to make some special arrangements to be at ticket office on Thursday morning or should I rely that it won't sell out (at least not immediately) and I can order tickets via internet (lippu.fi is not so famous for having reliable online services).

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
                        It was the European Festival tour.
                        It's not all festivals. 9 out of 15 are regular venues/arenas.
                        95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                        Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

What Joe is trying to point out here , that this is more like a warm up summer European tour before the new album is launched followed by a major world wide tour (starting in North America as mentioned by Rollins at the 11.11.11 press conference) , this summer is mainly summer festivals with other main arenas and venues , I believe due to the fact that most summer festivals are a bit away from one another , Sabbath are committed to do other major venues as well , when you start touring with a lot of equipment and crew you have to get the ball rolling , you can't just play a show and then rest for like 15 days till the next major fest , will definitely cost way too much money to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-MaN View Post
                            What Joe is trying to point out here , that this is more like a warm up summer European tour before the new album is launched followed by a major world wide tour (starting in North America as mentioned by Rollins at the 11.11.11 press conference) , this summer is mainly summer festivals with other main arenas and venues , I believe due to the fact that most summer festivals are a bit away from one another , Sabbath are committed to do other major venues as well , when you start touring with a lot of equipment and crew you have to get the ball rolling , you can't just play a show and then rest for like 15 days till the next major fest , will definitely cost way too much money to do so.
                            Yeah, i know. Was just pointing out that it's not a festival tour as such...
                            95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                            Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

It was announced that presale tickets at Helsinki show are available at tuesday. Where can I buy presale tickets?

Comment

Originally posted by Sabhuman1978 View Post
                                It was announced that presale tickets at Helsinki show are available at tuesday. Where can I buy presale tickets?
                                This is something that I would like to know too. Where was it announced?
                                Last edited by NibRules; 11-20-2011, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X