Announcement

Collapse

Google Ads Question

Hey gang. I just posted something asking about Google Ads on my website. I'd like people's input (and help possibly) on this. Please go over here and have a read:

https://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/for...ads#post645883

--- Joe
See more
See less

How I Feel About The Reunion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I Feel About The Reunion

First off, I'd like to say hello to all of those members who have been around since my time here (and even well before!) back in 2007ish. This includes 8Bit Fighter, PsychoMan (one of the ones who has been around since WELL before my time), Ray Rules, RLP4ever, and anyone else I've missed. The forum has changed a lot since back in those days, and I can't believe it's been 4 years since I was a regular here. Sad to see some have left the forums, such as Rover, but I suppose I have too, so it's not really anything surprising.

Anyway, I was very pleased when I heard about this reunion. I know many fans of the other Sabbath eras are not too excited about it, but I was glad to hear they were finally getting back together. I regret not seeing Heaven & Hell when they toured (attended my first Rush concert instead) and now I wish I could've seen Dio live. However, this will be a chance to see my other favourite Sabbath era live!
    I personally don't think Ozzy's voice will be a huge issue. Sure, it won't be 70s quality, but I think it'll be a great show to see nonetheless. Besides, I'm more interested in seeing Tony, Geezer, and Bill play.

So cheers to the reunion!
    Last edited by rar; 11-21-2011, 11:34 AM.
    -rar

This about sums up my stance.
    "They say that life's a carousel, spinning fast, you gotta ride it well. The world is full of kings and queens, who'll blind your eyes and steal your dreams, it's Heaven and Hell."
    Follow me on Twitter? :3
    http://twitter.com/#!/kevinmahoney95

Comment

Originally posted by rar View Post
      First off, I'd like to say hello to all of those guys who have been around since my time here (and even well before!) back in 2007ish. This includes 8Bit Fighter, PsychoMan (one of the ones who has been around since WELL before my time), Ray Rules, RLP4ever, and anyone else I've missed. The forum has changed a lot since back in those days, and I can't believe it's been 4 years since I was a regular here. Sad to see some have left the forums, such as Rover, but I suppose I have too, so it's not really anything surprising.

Anyway, I was very pleased when I heard about this reunion. I know many fans of the other Sabbath eras are not too excited about it, but I was glad to hear they were finally getting back together. I regret not seeing Heaven & Hell when they toured (attended my first Rush concert instead) and now I wish I could've seen Dio live. However, this will be a chance to see my other favourite Sabbath era live!
      I personally don't think Ozzy's voice will be a huge issue. Sure, it won't be 70s quality, but I think it'll be a great show to see nonetheless. Besides, I'm more interested in seeing Tony, Geezer, and Bill play.

So cheers to the reunion!
      First off, Good decisions, choosing Rush of H&H. While I'ma bigger Sabbath fan than I am a Rush fan, I fucking love Rush (of course, hindsight is 20/20, and seeing Dio before he died would have been better than Rush).

Now, the part you mentioned about the 'more interested in seeing Tony, Geezer and Bill play' is great. I feel the same way too. Having said that, we all know the type of personality Ozzy has, and I feel that he is well capable of ruining a live show. But that's not what I'm worried about. I'm worried about either him singing like shit on the album, or him seeing like shit, and the album ends up being some computer modified fake crap. I hope he can pull it off, I really do. But I just can't see it happening. Anyway, here's to hoping that they make their way to Halifax.
      "i'm 12 and i love dark sabboth"

Comment

WarningRules, I believe we may have met on threads in the past, can't recall for sure!

But yeah I know what you mean. Honestly, if his live performance isn't terrific, I'll be fine with it. The album performance is more my concern with Ozzy.
        -rar

Comment

Well the albums always sound best... They're studio albums, after all. This album will show us what the fullest extent of Ozzy's vocals CAN do in his current state. (Tony and Geezer won't settle for less than whatever is the best possible, we know this!)

The live shows will show us what Ozzy's true vocals are (and we know they are not excellent)... The album will show us what is possible (but yes, with the help of auto-tune...).
          "They say that life's a carousel, spinning fast, you gotta ride it well. The world is full of kings and queens, who'll blind your eyes and steal your dreams, it's Heaven and Hell."
          Follow me on Twitter? :3
          http://twitter.com/#!/kevinmahoney95

Comment

Originally posted by kevinmahoney95 View Post
            Well the albums always sound best... They're studio albums, after all. This album will show us what the fullest extent of Ozzy's vocals CAN do in his current state. (Tony and Geezer won't settle for less than whatever is the best possible, we know this!)

The live shows will show us what Ozzy's true vocals are (and we know they are not excellent)... The album will show us what is possible (but yes, with the help of auto-tune...).
            Though it's unfortunate, if it makes it sound good, I'm fine with it.
            -rar

Comment

Welcome back around, rar! Good to have you back.
              Damian
              Super Moderator
              Black-Sabbath.com

Comment

Thanks Damian! Always nice to see familiar faces (or rather, avatars).

I plan to drop in once in awhile over this next year, what with the reunion and everything, just to keep up on things.
                -rar

Comment

Hi Rar its been long time. I myself have been busy with work these days and hardly participate in the forum. Nice to see you back.

As far as this thread is concerned. I am very much excited about this. I was always positive on this forum when it came to Ozzy Sabbath reunion. Many had written it off. But now it feels so much better, we just needed one last effort from the legends and here we go its finally happening.

Only one disappointed from this is that Rick Rubin is producing the album. I some how don't like what he does. Wish we had someone like Steven Wilson who could handle the production. Just a thought.
                  http://www.facebook.com/cosmicchants
                  https://soundcloud.com/cosmicchants
                  http://www.myspace.com/cosmicchants

Comment

I think they are gonna be alright with Rick Rubin. Who is Steven Wilson? What bands has he worked with?

Comment

Kgb & rar! sup guys! its been a while!

I cant wait to hear the new stuff. its gunna be shattering i know it!
                      R.I.P. Ronald Padavona,Ronnie James Dio,DIO,Legend.

Comment

Originally posted by scorpio 2000 View Post
                        I think they are gonna be alright with Rick Rubin. Who is Steven Wilson? What bands has he worked with?
                        Hi Scorpio, Steven Wilson is an amazing artist on this era. I consider him the John Lennon of today.
                        He is the lead vocalist, guitarist of the premier Progressive rock band Porcupine Tree

He has produced albums for Opeth, Anathema etc

Would love to see if Porcupine Tree play some festival alongside Sabbath this year. It Would be amazing.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

Originally posted by NoWayOut View Post
                        Kgb & rar! sup guys! its been a while!

I cant wait to hear the new stuff. its gunna be shattering i know it!
                        Busy days. Tied up with work. However, the Reunion news got me back here. I also wanted to prove a point that finally original Sabbath are back together. I was always optimistic.
                        http://www.facebook.com/cosmicchants
                        https://soundcloud.com/cosmicchants
                        http://www.myspace.com/cosmicchants

Comment

Originally posted by Kgb View Post
                          Hi Rar its been long time. I myself have been busy with work these days and hardly participate in the forum. Nice to see you back.

As far as this thread is concerned. I am very much excited about this. I was always positive on this forum when it came to Ozzy Sabbath reunion. Many had written it off. But now it feels so much better, we just needed one last effort from the legends and here we go its finally happening.

Only one disappointed from this is that Rick Rubin is producing the album. I some how don't like what he does. Wish we had someone like Steven Wilson who could handle the production. Just a thought.
                          Hello again! I know the feeling, I've been tied up mostly with school, but like you, I felt compelled to come back and discuss things about the Reunion, even briefly.
                          I don't know much about producers, so I can't share opinions on that, but I'm hoping good things come from this reunion!!
                          -rar

Comment

Hy guys and girls.

Iīm a bit ambivalent regarding this reunion. I donīt expect anything from it, so I wonīt be disappointed, if the "results" are not too good.
                            Everything we will hear from this reunion is a bonus, anything from these all time greats, really is.

Those guys could retire, looking back on great music created, more concerts played than they dare to remember.

I really donīt care about the reasons for this reunion (be it money , or really just for fun).

I do hope the coming Album will have a great (not digital) sound quality.

Plus, I do hope that Oz can perform. He had his ups and downs over the last decades, so his performance will be something to hope for.

Thatīs about it. Of course I will buy the upcoming album and I will hopefully see the guys on Jelling Festival in Denmark.
                            Iīm prepared for everything, will take the worst, but hope for the best.

Cheers,

Tilman

Comment

Originally posted by rar View Post
                              Though it's unfortunate, if it makes it sound good, I'm fine with it.
                              Couldn't agree more.

Comment

Working...
                              X