X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Substitute Drummer engaged' Tony, Ozzy and Geezer Respond

BLACK SABBATH "Have Engaged A Substitute Drummer For The Forthcoming Shows"
    http://www.bravewords.com/news/183730

The members of BLACK SABBATH - guitarist Tony Iommi, singer Ozzy Osbourne and bassist Geezer Butler - have issued the following brief comment regarding drummer Bill Ward's statement that he won't be taking part in the reunion album or shows:

"We have decided not to make any detailed comment on Bill's latest statement. There are two sides to every story. We have been working hard at rehearsals making excellent progress after Tony's treatments and we have engaged a substitute drummer for the forthcoming shows. See you at Download."

Just like I've said.. there's 'two sides to every story'.

"...live for today, tomorrow never comes..."

I don't know why they don't just tell us who the freaking drummer is.

Comment

Originally posted by KazolOrajia View Post
      Yeah, it's bugging me too. They'll probably announce who it is at the show.
      Can you sleep at night, when you close your eyes
      Do you think of all the pain from your lies
      Or do you deny, you're responsible
      For the victims of the sins you devised

Comment

Originally posted by KazolOrajia View Post
        Rumor has it that the drummer's name is Alesis.

gadji beri bimba glandridi laula lonni cadori - Ball

Comment

Even if they do use a drum machine to write, I think they'll have an actual drummer play the parts for the album.

What I've been mainly wondering is whether they'll keep using what they'd written with Bill. They were working on music together, and unless there's a contractual thing, it wouldn't make sense to come up with completely new drum parts.

Comment

That the FB page has many comments like "OZZY, Tony, Geezer are Black Sabbath" pisses me off
            Last edited by LouiST; 05-18-2012, 12:21 AM.
            Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
            Premonition of a shattered world that’s gonna die.
            In the age of reason, how do we survive?
            The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

"We have engaged a substitute drummer for the forthcoming shows."

???

OK, tomorrow we know who the drummer is.

Maybe it's best that we will not know everything about the situation with Bill. Money, Bill's capacity, whatever. They just couldn't do it with Bill and that's fucking it.
              "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Paul View Post
                I hate to say this but I thought Selling my soul sounded all right.
                I hate to say it, but i actually agree with you on that one.

But at the time they said a machine was used because Bill couldn't keep the time, so it's possible they used the beats and patterns Bill had already made when they programmed it, and that's why it sounds like him. But having a guitarist or bassist or someone else who's not a drummer making up the patterns will usually result in a much more boring beat.
                95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

I bet the substitute drummer for these shows will be...

Tony's WhoCares buddy NICKO MCBRAIN!!!

Check the Iron Maiden tour schedule, it wouldn't be impossible for him to do the European shows before the Iron Maiden tour starts...

Comment

Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post

Check the Iron Maiden tour schedule, it wouldn't be impossible for him to do the European shows before the Iron Maiden tour starts...
                    This could be interesting if it actually happened. He's a hell of a drummer!

Comment

Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post

There'a video of him playing War Pigs on youtube. Here it is >>>> http://youtu.be/I1GlJmb6Qpc

My opinion? I hate what he does to it. I hate it with a passion. He's a great drummer. But not for Black Sabbath. Please no. I'd rather have Mike Bordin. And that's saying something.

Comment

Originally posted by Iconosphere View Post
                        There'a video of him playing War Pigs on youtube. Here it is >>>> http://youtu.be/I1GlJmb6Qpc

My opinion? I hate what he does to it. I hate it with a passion. He's a great drummer. But not for Black Sabbath. Please no. I'd rather have Mike Bordin. And that's saying something.
                        Wow! It's incredible how he managed to ruin that tune.

He wouldn't suit Sabbath at all, his playing is way too static, no groove at all. The only time i've ever enjoyed his playing was with WhoCares.

I've said it before, and i'll say it again; the best replacement would be Zak Starkley. He's the only modern drummer capable of doing that 60's/70's swing-groove.
                        Another good one would be Lee Kerslake, but i can't imagine Ozzy would go for that... :(
                        95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                        Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

Originally posted by Iconosphere View Post
                          I didn't enjoy that at all! Kind of like hearing Ozzy's guitar players play Sabbath tunes, They seem to assume that Sabbath tunes are simple and beneath their capabilities, so they get bored and add a lot of their own shit (Fills, Solos and whatnot) to the song, not realizing that they're missing so much of what goes into the song, In this case, The GROOVE! Makes me love Rondinelli in Sabbath all the more!!
                          We don’t see things as they are; we see them as we are.

Comment

I seriously think that they are just going to use a drum machine for the whole album. I mean they have had 5 months working on the current album so either they are just going to get someone's drums to throw in right before they release it, or just release it with drum machine intact and say, "We're trying to appeal to the rap crowd"
                            How was I to know it was "kiss the world with winter flowers"?

Comment

If Sabbath would want some 60's/70's groove, why not take the Master himself, the one who influenced people like Ward, Paice, Bonham and Moon...

CARMINE APPICE

I guess Carmine wouldn't be interested, he's more into drumming projects than bands these days.

But I would be floored if they took him behind the drums.

Comment

Working...
                              X