Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill responds to Geezer

http://www.billward.com/2012/05/resp...ers-statement/

With Joe as webmaster for both of these guys' websites, it's almost like he's passing notes back and forth in gym class. A very unique situation!
    Damian
    Super Moderator
    Black-Sabbath.com

Well, I'm still withholding judgement. In cases like this, the truth is almost always somewhere in the middle. I told my Dad about the fiasco, and his reply was 'The truth is probably in the middle.' He doesn't even know I say that ^^.

Shit like this happens with rock bands. I'm gonna focus on the music-that's all that matters to me.

Comment

The more I read Bill's statements, the less I trust Him.
      You and I, Victims of this World, as the Masters of Power try to poison our World.
      Greed, Money's taken over their Souls, they're just Mechanical Brains.
      Politicians don't know, they just don't!
      Know... Know... Know...

Comment

Good lord, I wish Bill would stop with the public statements. If he disagrees with something Geezer said, CONTACT HIM!!!

At this point I don't care if Bill's in or out. They played fine without him last night. I am sick of the drama!
        Can you sleep at night, when you close your eyes
        Do you think of all the pain from your lies
        Or do you deny, you're responsible
        For the victims of the sins you devised

Comment

Originally posted by Borg View Post
          The more I read Bill's statements, the less I trust Him.
          Agreed. Or not so much not trust, but feel like he's being a little petty and leaving out other information that might be relevant. Oh well.

Comment

I'm glad to see there are some mutual feelings in this thread.

Comment

This sounds like 4 guys not talking to each other but through the filter and distoration of the media. I just want to see this like up on tobetween the arguing and Tony's illness it probally won't.

Comment

Man, screw this. Times like these, glad I can just pull out my old 2005 bootleg of the show I went to and listen. Sure there is no new songs, but it's better than nothing.
                "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

I think this whole situation is becoming really childish and silly , with all due respect to Bill , and whether he is right or wrong , THIS is not a professional way to conduct such issues in public , if Bill sees that his band mates are not offering him a proper contract and if he thinks that he is being mistreated for one reason or other , I guess the only proper thing to do is to walk out of the thing and give a very brief public announcement that he is not going to be there due to musical or contractual reasons ( what ever !)

Anyway I've moved forward and looking forward to any new Sabbath albums and live tours , I love Bill , but this is still Black Sabbath to me , for those who feel that there is no Sabbath without Bill , or that the other 3 guys are greedy , or whatever other reasons they have , you can simply choose not buy or go and see them live , ranting and bashing members and managers from both sides won't help the case for sure !

Comment

This back and forth is starting to resemble one of those endless internet debates between Underdog and Ron Paul!

Just messing with ya folks, but reading the statements is kind of like reading a thread in some random internet forum. "They gave me an unsignable contract!" "you were asking for an unreasonable amount!" "Nuh-uh!" and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster Boy View Post
                      This back and forth is starting to resemble one of those endless internet debates between Underdog and Ron Paul!

Just messing with ya folks, but reading the statements is kind of like reading a thread in some random internet forum. "They gave me an unsignable contract!" "you were asking for an unreasonable amount!" "Nuh-uh!" and so on.
                      You're spot on with your whole post.
                      95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                      Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

Honestly, with all the respect to Bill as the best drummer Sabbath ever had, but there is no concern with the fans. If there was any, he would be playing. After putting his face in the reunion announcement, he gave us his word and that's why we spent all cash in tickets and travels. Now he will not play, and we will still pay for it. If he had any respect to us fans he would be playing, since we are only talking about 3 concerts. The only reason why he is using the media is to use us fans to help him on making money. I will no longer do that. I now care about Tony and all his personal battle against cancer. I now care about Geezer and all his efforts on reuniting Sabbath again. I'm glad enough to see the wonderful videos from Birmingham and can't wait for an opportunity to see them playing live. After all that happened, Bill now looks to me more like one more itinerant member of Sabbath, and the band is more important. Again, with all the respect, thank you for everything Bill, but this time you let us down.

Comment

It's damned if you do, damned if you don't. When there isn't any information people complain; when information is shared people complain as well.
                          The risk that Bill took by holding out was allowing the band to get comfortable with another drummer and for the fans to see/hear that the position could be capably filled. Any leverage Bill might have had is now gone as the general concert going public doesn't know or doesn't care who is behind the drumkit; they just want to hear the tunes. The hardcore fans may care but that will have no impact on any decisions.
                          As for a new album, whether it's Clufetus or a session drummer, the new songs have likely already been written with a drum machine so they are just going to be told what/how to play by Tony the same way Vinnie was for TDYK. As much as I would like to have seen Bill live I was much more interested to what his contributions, both writing and playing, would have been for the new album. If he isn't (or never was going to be) involved with the writing then I'm not sure it really matters who plays drums.

Comment

Originally posted by mds View Post
                            and for the fans to see/hear that the position could be capably filled.
                            I don't think he was capable...
                            95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                            Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

Bill can no longer play. I said it from the beginning.
                              He delights in his last moment of fame. It 's part of the glorious past of the band now
                              I 've dreamed to see them all 4. but it's over . End of the chapter and turn the page .
                              Hail Tony and Geezer .

Comment

Working...
                              X