Christian themes behind War Pigs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christian themes behind War Pigs

While i was browsing google immages for a 100x100 sabbath avatar, i stumbled across an intresting review/essay about the christian messages behind war pigs, if you're intrested have a good read.
    Still I wonder what its like to be loved, instead of hiding in myself...

Meh. Less of a "Christian" message and more of a "America is evil" message. No secret Geezer (and many, many past and current lyricists) use Christian themes in their writing. There's tons of Biblical (both testaments) references throughout all incarnations of Black Sabbath, and "War Pigs" is certainly no exception.

Comment

After Forever is from a christian point of view.

Comment

I really don't see any Christian message in War Pigs. The song's about War, with a political dabbling. The overall message carries the sentiment 'war-mongers are bad', but just because it uses 'god' and 'satan' in the lyrics doesn't make it a Christian message. The essay is a stretch too far for me, more like wishful thinking than any kind of genuine link. War Pigs uses cool imagery to convey a reaction to war - top quality Sabbath lyrics at their best. It's up to the listener to take what they want from those words I guess, but for me there is no specific christian message here at all.

And whilst 'After Forever' appears to be more overtly christian, I would say 'Under The Sun' is just as clear a religious message. One of the reasons I love Sabbath lyrics is you can't pigeon-hole them on a wide range of topics.
        I don't need wings to reach the sky
        And I don't need hands to hold you tight...
        ~~~ Coroner ~~~

Comment

Originally posted by mikesline View Post
          After Forever is from a christian point of view.
          More or less the whole MOR is christian themed.

Comment

Originally posted by WarPig
            Greetings from Romania. I'm a final year student at Theological Pentecostal Institute in Bucharest.I'm looking for the articles or any other resources that can help me
            writemyessaytoday about Black Sabbath and their influences on the Christian rock. Where can I find this essay link? The page is not working.
            Thank you.
            Luca
            Hi Luca and welcome to the community Lord of This World and Who Are You have Christian messages too.
            Here's a discussion about the christian rock by Black Sabbath:

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...n-rock.244983/

Comment

I definitely don't see much of a Christian message to War Pigs, really more just anti Vietnam War sentiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy Chevy View Post
                I definitely don't see much of a Christian message to War Pigs, really more just anti Vietnam War sentiment.
                No more War Pigs have the power, hand of God has struck the hour, Day of Judgement God is calling, on their knees the War Pigs crawling, begging mercy for their sins, Satan laughing spreads his wings, oh Lord yeah!
                "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Or maybe God is mentioned because a nuclear holocaust will bring about the "End of Days."

Comment

No, no "Christian" message here. War Pigs is simply one of the greatest protest songs in the history of popular music. A timeless classic.

Comment

Working...
                    X