"SUCK ME!!!!"... but why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "SUCK ME!!!!"... but why?

According to the official lyrics of Megalomania, Ozzy does yell out "Suck me".

But no matter how hard I try, I still hear "F--- me"

Am I the only one?
    Is it some kind of sound effect that makes Ozzy sound like this?
    Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
    Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
    In the age of reason, how do we survive?
    The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

I've always heard Suck Me, but i guess the point would've been the same...
    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
    Til Šrs ok friūar ok forn siūr

Comment

"Suck Me !!, but Why ??? "
      Do you need a good reason to be sucked ??

Comment

My theory on the lyric is they got the idea from The Exorcist, there's a scene where Linda Blair is all possessed and shit and says , I think it was "fuck me" to the priest, but you didn't get words like that on records back then, so Ozzy says "Suck Me!" instead. The song is about possession of some sort and Ozzy was a big fan of The Exorcist back then (I recall some interview where he says he watched it like 60 times or something). So much for that completely unresearched idea

Okay, so I found some links:

And Ozzy interview

http://www.av1611.org/rock/ozzy.html
        Last edited by Monster Boy; 08-30-2012, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Nice research, MB, no idea if it is correct or not, but one can see where Ozzy could have been "inspired", anyway!
          Damian
          Super Moderator
          Black-Sabbath.com

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
            I've always heard Suck Me, but i guess the point would've been the same...
            I guess the proportion of people hearing either s/f?!@ me is 50/50?

Originally posted by TYR66 View Post
            "Suck Me !!, but Why ??? "
            Do you need a good reason to be sucked ??
            I instantly laughed xD

Originally posted by Monster Boy View Post
            My theory on the lyric is they got the idea from The Exorcist, there's a scene where Linda Blair is all possessed and shit and says , I think it was "fuck me" to the priest, but you didn't get words like that on records back then, so Ozzy says "Suck Me!" instead. The song is about possession of some sort and Ozzy was a big fan of The Exorcist back then (I recall some interview where he says he watched it like 60 times or something). So much for that completely unresearched idea

Okay, so I found some links
            And Ozzy interview
            Although the article is from a conservative Christian site and seriously biased, it's probably true that Ozzy really loves the Exorcist if he said he had watched it a dozen times. I remember reading the book from the Black Box that Megalomania is about hippies. But well, when I first read the lyrics I also thought it was about being possessed by something. So, maybe Ozzy did bring the influence of the movie and changed the words a bit.

Comment

the Venom guys sing the same " Suck Me " twice , here's their cover ( at 3' 02 )

so OK , Regan was here ... Thanx Karras

Comment

Originally posted by LouiST View Post
                Although the article is from a conservative Christian site and seriously biased, it's probably true that Ozzy really loves the Exorcist if he said he had watched it a dozen times. I remember reading the book from the Black Box that Megalomania is about hippies. But well, when I first read the lyrics I also thought it was about being possessed by something. So, maybe Ozzy did bring the influence of the movie and changed the words a bit.
                Huh, I didn't actually read the article, just googled "Ozzy" and "The Exorcist" and that one came up, funny. I promise to find a better article next time

Comment

"suck me" and live 1978 tour during black sabbath the track he sometimes yelled out "your mother sucks cock in hell" like movie

Comment

Originally posted by TYR66 View Post
                    the Venom guys sing the same " Suck Me " twice
                    Its there, but only once, the first chorus ending is "Sting Me".
                    Damian
                    Super Moderator
                    Black-Sabbath.com

Comment

Originally posted by Damian View Post
                      I read many times that this song lyrics were written by Ozzy ! the quality of this song lyrics has Geezer all over it , could it be a possible collaboration between both ?

Comment

Originally posted by Damian View Post
                        You' re right !!

Comment

From an article back in the 70's Circus Magazine which was the best Hard Rock mag in their day, they covered all the great bands and had Sabbath stoires and interviews all the time, Ozzy said he saw the Exocist 22-23 times...when it came out.
                          "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                          R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-MaN View Post
                            I read many times that this song lyrics were written by Ozzy ! the quality of this song lyrics has Geezer all over it , could it be a possible collaboration between both ?
                            Really?! I thought Geezer wrote it.

Comment

He might be thinking of 'The Writ'.
                              In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning.

Comment

Working...
                              X