"God is Dead" new track from forethcoming album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "God is Dead" new track from forethcoming album

Nine Inch Nails covered this on his song Heresy: Your God is dead and no one cares and if there is a hell I'll see you there.
    "Too many people advising me, but they don't know what my eyes see." ~ The Writ

Nietzsche covered it in 1882.

Comment

Lol just the name gives me syphilis, i hope i dont rape my siter and die*whink whink*

But seriously sabbath dont let me down with atheishit...
      Still I wonder what its like to be loved, instead of hiding in myself...

Comment

I'm not liking the name one bit... Hopefully the song delivers a different message than what I am expecting it to.
        Can you sleep at night, when you close your eyes
        Do you think of all the pain from your lies
        Or do you deny, you're responsible
        For the victims of the sins you devised

Comment

^^^^ You can be sure that if Geezer wrote it, it'll probably have a completely different meaning than whatever it is you're thinking. Geezer after all is the one who comes up with things like Aural Sects, Seance Fiction and Ohmwork.
          Last edited by Axe fiend; 10-18-2012, 09:31 AM.
          We donít see things as they are; we see them as we are.

Comment

Agree, "God Is Dead" is an open book... it could have 100's of meanings... Geezer is the band's philosopher... IMO, one of rock's greatest lyricist, very unerrated. Original Sabbath always had a message.
            "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
            R. Blackmore

Comment

The lyrical content might be good, and I bet they will be since Geezer is writing them, but the title is lame. It sounds cliched in a way. Of course TDYK had 'Bible Black' and 'Rock & Roll Angel' which sound cliched too, but those titles have a "cool" sound and vibe to them, unlike 'God is Dead'
              "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
              "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
              "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

Originally posted by Soul Sucker View Post
                I'm not liking the name one bit... Hopefully the song delivers a different message than what I am expecting it to.
                Certainly you can't be offended by the same band that released the album name and cover for "Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath." We should all know well by now that the title for anything Geezer Butler puts pen to is simply that...a title.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

Originally posted by -E5150 StarWanderer- View Post
                The lyrical content might be good, and I bet they will be since Geezer is writing them, but the title is lame. It sounds cliched in a way. Of course TDYK had 'Bible Black' and 'Rock & Roll Angel' which sound cliched too, but those titles have a "cool" sound and vibe to them, unlike 'God is Dead'
                Haha! Nothing about 'Rock & Roll Angel' sounds cool.
                ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

Originally posted by -E5150 StarWanderer- View Post
                  I agree that we should all have confidence with Geezer writing the lyrics that it will be great and filled with imagery. Since you mentioned it I would have to say most of the titles and lyrics are not up to par on TDYK. Makes me cringe just thinking of a lot of them. I don't think that God Is Dead is that far of a stretch from Lord Of This World of Children Of The Grave. God can be a metaphor for so many different things.

The thing I am most concerned about on the new record is tempo's though. I am hoping for a diverse mixture of tempo's and not just slow and heavy.
                  Religion won't save me
                  The damage is done
                  The future has ended
                  Before it's begun
                  - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

Comment

Originally posted by Drago View Post
                    The thing I am most concerned about on the new record is tempo's though. I am hoping for a diverse mixture of tempo's and not just slow and heavy.
                    I'm with you on that one brutha. Oh God, how I'm with you on that. If I hear 12 slightly rearranged versions of 'Who's Fooling Who' I may vomit in terror.
                    ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
                      Certainly you can't be offended by the same band that released the album name and cover for "Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath." We should all know well by now that the title for anything Geezer Butler puts pen to is simply that...a title.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

Haha! Nothing about 'Rock & Roll Angel' sounds cool.
                      That's why I put cool inside quation marks

But it is cool in a cheesy way to me personally. More so than "God is Dead", which doesn't really give me any vivid images or anything. I think one of the purposes of song titles is to catch your attention, and Bible Black and Rock & Roll Angel manage to do this, whether you like them or not God is Dead sounds too...pedestrian.

And I too second (or third, since hipster already seconded it) Draco's wish for variety in tempo. TDYK had (barely) enough of it, but the song listing didn't really help that cause. But in the end it's the quality of material that counts.
                      Last edited by -E5150 StarWanderer-; 10-18-2012, 02:26 PM.
                      "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
                      "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
                      "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
                        I'm with you on that one brutha. Oh God, how I'm with you on that. If I hear 12 slightly rearranged versions of 'Who's Fooling Who' I may vomit in terror.
                        Check and Mate!
                        In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning.

Comment

I love the name of the song, it's really powerfull

Comment

Hmm the name is really ok. Sadly, "God is dead" is such a mainstream title for a song nowadays, I think, and I like this mixture of doom and faith from the old Black Sabbath Songs. But I can live with this name, how Axe fiend already said, Geezer wrote this song so the chance of being genius is very high^^

Comment

Hear, hear! A lot of sabbaths recent stuff has been too candlemass like for me. Its fine for a track or two, but ill be disappointed with a whole LP like it.
                              Try your hardest, you'll still be a loser
                              The world will still be turning when you're gone

Comment

Working...
                              X