Finally Got A Copy Of The Live "Reunion" Set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Got A Copy Of The Live "Reunion" Set

The sound was surprisingly good and Ozzy, other than his silly superfluous swearing (sounded pretty high), doesn't sound too bad for a live album. Too bad he butchers "War Pigs", "Paranoid", NIB", "Black Sabbath", "Iron Man" & "Children Of The Grave". He should really leave any song sung by Dio alone. Kidding. Good show. The "new" tracks didn't do it for me though.

Reunion is a good album...and indeed Ozzy sounds surprisingly good, actually he sounded better than he had in years before. And there doesn't seem to be any overdubbes either which is even more surprising.

But all in all I think that is the last ever live album that Ozzy ever was a part of that sounded great and where he sounded great without overdubbing.

The new tracks are what they are...Selling my soul is the better one, Psycho Man is crap, sounds like an Ozzy solo song. And the lyrics are really stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by YADF View Post
      Too bad he butchers "War Pigs", "Paranoid", NIB", "Black Sabbath", "Iron Man" & "Children Of The Grave".
      He sounds great in all of those songs.
      Can you sleep at night, when you close your eyes
      Do you think of all the pain from your lies
      Or do you deny, you're responsible
      For the victims of the sins you devised

Comment

Reunion is great primarily because it's the 4 original guys (with Nicholls of course) playing as they did from the start. And it's definitely raw as has been stated already, but executed with attitude that masks any flaws just with the sheer energy and power the music has. I can think of another legendary band from that era that reunited a few years before Sabbath, who released live material that was so doctored up it's debatable if the audience reactions weren't fictitious, or staged. The difference is night and day.

Ive always found it somewhat odd, ever since the album was released, I have read more comments about the excessive profanity on that album; perhaps more so then the music. I suppose for those sitting around counting how many occurances there are, it might seem frequent. Maybe I'm just used to it, its never seemed overly excessive to me. And anyway, Ozzy's always cursed like a sailor. I tend to chalk it up to Ozzy was really vibe-ing off the enthusiasm of the moment. There must have been an overwhelming surge of emotion, excitement, nerves, and adrenalin for him to be playing in his hometown, with his original band for the first full fledged performance in 19 years. Yeah he might have had a joint before he went on too. As for the studio tracks I think they're cool. I actually really like Psycho Man. Silly lyrics or not, the music is good to me.
        Last edited by devstorm; 01-11-2013, 06:02 AM.
        The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

Originally posted by Soul Sucker View Post
          He sounds great in all of those songs.

I know I was being sarcastic for those who grumble about RJD singing those songs in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by devstorm View Post
            Reunion is great primarily because it's the 4 original guys (with Nicholls of course) playing as they did from the start. And it's definitely raw as has been stated already, but executed with attitude that masks any flaws just with the sheer energy and power the music has. I can think of another legendary band from that era that reunited a few years before Sabbath, who released live material that was so doctored up it's debatable if the audience reactions weren't fictitious, or staged. The difference is night and day.

Ive always found it somewhat odd, ever since the album was released, I have read more comments about the excessive profanity on that album; perhaps more so then the music. I suppose for those sitting around counting how many occurances there are, it might seem frequent. Maybe I'm just used to it, its never seemed overly excessive to me. And anyway, Ozzy's always cursed like a sailor. I tend to chalk it up to Ozzy was really vibe-ing off the enthusiasm of the moment. There must have been an overwhelming surge of emotion, excitement, nerves, and adrenalin for him to be playing in his hometown, with his original band for the first full fledged performance in 19 years. Yeah he might have had a joint before he went on too. As for the studio tracks I think they're cool. I actually really like Psycho Man. Silly lyrics or not, the music is good to me.
            Excellent as always Devstorm. Agree word for word. I love Psycho Man and Selling My Soul and not sure why they get bashed. Psycho Man in particular is great. Considering how rushed they were I think they are fine songs. I remember the first time I heard Psycho Man it was an awesome feeling that the original lineup was playing together again. Still carry that feeling every time I hear them.
            Religion won't save me
            The damage is done
            The future has ended
            Before it's begun
            - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

Comment

Reunion is my favourite Black Sabbath album. They really nailed it.

Comment

Reunion is an INCREDIBLE Sabbath album. What took you so long to get it?
                "Too many people advising me, but they don't know what my eyes see." ~ The Writ

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Webster View Post
                  What took you so long to get it?
                  When you get an album or into a band isn't so important. We're all exposed to things at different times in different ways. The point is that HE GOT IT!
                  The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

tru dat, my nigga

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

The "new" tracks didn't do it for me though.[/QUOTE] I felt the same way, I really like Scary Dreams though, it's not been released, check it out on youtube
                    "Too many people advising me, but they don't know what my eyes see." ~ The Writ

Comment

I really like Scary Dreams though, it's not been released, check it out on youtube
                      Scary Dreams is a great song. Really a shame they refused to release it officially. Another great Song from that era is "Who's Fooling Who" on the first* Iommi solo-album, featuring Ozzy and Bill. You can listen to it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbgwoM6W7GA

*does not include the many solo-albums he released under the confusing name "Black Sabbath"

Comment

Reunion is an INCREDIBLE Sabbath album. What took you so long to get it?
                        Pointless, unfruitful dislike of Ozzy from the 90s up until recently. I just had to admit I did actually like a lot of his music and I have to say "Reunion" may now be my favorite Ozzy era album!

Comment

Originally posted by YADF View Post
                          Pointless, unfruitful dislike of Ozzy from the 90s up until recently. I just had to admit I did actually like a lot of his music and I have to say "Reunion" may now be my favorite Ozzy era album!
                          Great to hear YADF. See the world is a much better place when you have Ozzy and Dio in your life. It doesn't have to be one or the other.
                          Religion won't save me
                          The damage is done
                          The future has ended
                          Before it's begun
                          - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

Comment

Originally posted by Drago View Post
                            Great to hear YADF. See the world is a much better place when you have Ozzy and Dio in your life. It doesn't have to be one or the other.
                            Very true! They both rock.

Comment

Glad you finally got it YADF, yeah its a great album. Even more specialt to me is the fact that I was there on the night. This was the second of the 2 nights at the NEC, I'm so glad they released the 2nd nights gig. I remember been so unbelievably excited as the gig drew closer, never really felt like that before or since, and when they came out onstage I nearly cried, unbelievable experience. My one and only regret is that I had one too many drinks in the bar before the gig so certain parts of the night are a bit blurred. But what a night!
                              Do you believe a word what the good book says?
                              Or is it just a holy fairytale and God is Dead?

Comment

Working...
                              X